Why does everyone use over 20 trainers?

Do you use more than 20 trainers in their deck?

• Total voters

Beachdudelbi

PB's Yoshi Bomber!
I don't think everyone should use that many trainers in their deck. I just like my decks with about 16 trainers.

20 Trainers are usually good because the help set up the deck more efficiently therefore more are needed then for say 16!

Well, maybe I should reconsider and use more trainers . But some decks have about 25 trainers, I think that is too much.

Ok yes 16 trainers is definitely not enough.20-25 Trainers is just perfect! Click Hurricane in my signature and you will see all the trainers I play to help the deck setup quicker in simpler terms!I play 20 right on the dot!

ya think trainer r very useful u should see the world championship decks they run about 25 to 30. Now i think thats a bit to much i always tyr around 20 or more. trainers help u get pokemon more faster and helpp u out in close cases. Trainer can make a big differents in deck battle. It can even win a battle for u. thats why i think people keep the trainer line at above 20 cards.

Im going to use 20-23 trainers now;)
Another reason I don't have 25 trainers is because it's hard to find what I need sometimes.

Trainers are a huge part of the set-up of your deck. Without trainers, you are pretty much relying on luck, and most of the time by the time you get everything you need you will already have lost.

I also used to not run many trainers either, but then I learned how much trainers affected a battle. I recently used a deck with 22 trainers and I found I had a much quicker set up than what I used to have.

Now, I think that over 30 trainers is pushing it, and anything over that is too much. Now, T2 decks are slightly different. They only have one Stage 1 line in the whole deck, and you nned to rely heavily on trainers to find the Pokemon you need. By still, unless you're running a T2 deck, try to have 20-25 trainers. T2 decks should have around 30 trainers or so.

A good base line for building a deck is around 20 Pokemon, around 20 trainers, and around 20 energy. Taking out Energy and replacing those slots for Trainers is good as well, but make sure you don't over do it.

I use 38 trainers at the moment...

Generally I run between 24-30 trainers. But uhmm...As the "why". Well, what's the point in running like, 30 Pokemon and 30 Energy? Lol.

With Trainers you get to do cool stuff like, draw cards, and...Do extra damage...And stuff.

Krucifier said:
I use 38 trainers at the moment...

Generally I run between 24-30 trainers. But uhmm...As the "why". Well, what's the point in running like, 30 Pokemon and 30 Energy? Lol.

With Trainers you get to do cool stuff like, draw cards, and...Do extra damage...And stuff.

Yeah, a deck with 30 Pokemon and 30 Energy would be lol. My cousin once used a deck with only like 2 trainers.

When I make a deck, I play 20 (Monsters) 20 (Trainers) 20 (Energy), but in my current deck (Eye's of the Golden Lion which is Luxray/Delcatty w/1x Delcatty ex) I'm useing 23 trainers.
Mind you, I might take out 3 of those trainers for more energy for the states....or just change my deck altogether.

I defidently agree with shaymingiratina8717. You should have around 20 pkm 20 trainers and 20 energy. (thought my currunt deck has 25 pkm 19 trainers 16 energy)

The reason why people do not run 20/20/20 is because you simply do not need all that energy, and possibly pokemon. You can run alot of draw and search to make up for the low energy count thus making your trainer count hit somewhere around 25.

I play 16 or less energy, try to play at least 26 trainers, and try to keep my pokemon under 18. And it works for me.

Generally I use decks that have about 24-30 Trainer cards depending on efficiency of the deck. But some decks do not need as many trainers as others do. For example, mustangqb13's Hurricane deck do very well with much fewer trainers because the pokemon do the job of giving you draw power.

Yeah and most if not all good trainers use more than 22 trainers..as what they said trainers are vital in every deck..They really help in setting up your strategy.. without trainers it's like a game of 95% luck 5% skill.. i use 32 in mine actually.. 2nd only to krucifier

riskbreakers said:
Yeah and most if not all good trainers use more than 22 trainers..as what they said trainers are vital in every deck..They really help in setting up your strategy.. without trainers it's like a game of 95% luck 5% skill.. i use 32 in mine actually.. 2nd only to krucifier

The only reason I am fitting so many in at the moment is because I am currently using T2 Bannette. Lol.

Back