Help Why do the Johto starters never get some love in the TCG?

RivalSilver

Hello there
Don't know whether this is the correct place to ask this question. But I've been wondering the following thing: I'm a big Johto generation fan, and that being said, Feraligatr is my favorite pokemon ever. But why does e.g. Feraligtr never get a Ex/GX/V/Vstar/... card?

I see all the different generation starters getting these cards, either in sets or as promos. But the Johto starters never get this kind of cards. Is there an understandable explanation for that?

And no Hisuian Typhlosion does not count :D.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to some theories!

Attachments

• 157023.jpg
    157023.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1

AdamElite4114

Aspiring Trainer
look into the Heart Gold and Soul Silver era of cards. Typhlosion Prime was very good. The other two, were decent if your list was good enough. I also think a lot of it has to do with familiarity and relevence to the tv series. My favorite pokemon is Aggron, and it has maybe like 12/15 cards I'm guessing. Anyways, gen two starters are great.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
The Johto starters have received love though. The only Johto starter who has yet to be released in the SWSH era is Chikorita.

Pokedad_official

Aspiring Trainer
Don't know whether this is the correct place to ask this question. But I've been wondering the following thing: I'm a big Johto generation fan, and that being said, Feraligatr is my favorite pokemon ever. But why does e.g. Feraligtr never get a Ex/GX/V/Vstar/... card?

I see all the different generation starters getting these cards, either in sets or as promos. But the Johto starters never get this kind of cards. Is there an understandable explanation for that?

And no Hisuian Typhlosion does not count :D.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to some theories!
I get what you’re saying!

Cyndaquil is my favourite starter of all time and yes I know there are a fair few cards featuring him but I also want more typhlosion cards - and yes the Hosuian form does not count.

I would love to get in contact with the Pokémon company and ask them to do the McDonalds promos (like last year) but only the fully evolved starters.

Thoughts?

Follow me on Insta and YT @Pokedad_official