BW/BW2 Why do people hate the 5th Gen so much?

Wich Gen had the best Pokemon?

• Gen 1

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 39 20.4%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 47 24.6%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Gen 5 (By Pokemon revealed so far)

Votes: 51 26.7%

• Total voters
RE: Why do people hate so much the 5th Gen?

Because all 5th gen Pokemon don't look Pokemon and everything is almost like a minigame.

what minigames? i see the transfering pokemon but thats it. new people love the 5th gen and so do the ones from the beginning. the people who hate all of the 5th gen sadly grew up with 4th gen. thats all they no so they arent used to the balance of simplistic and detailed designs imo. poor them.

Everything's like a minigame? There's so much wrong with that statement. Wouldn't everything being like a mini game make it a normal game? We've only got two confirmed mini games at the moment, Pokémon Musical and the PokéShifter.

Frostwind, to be fair you have a point. But the design of a single Pokémon or an entire region shouldn't determine how good - or bad - a generation should be. A design can be too simple or overly complex and still be good.

Look at Mijumaru, I'd say that's completely over designed, yet I adore it. Ditto on the other hand is just a blob, completely 'under-designed' yet it works, and has appeal. For people to judge on appearance is stupid, you've got to look at things deeper before you can make any judgement; then again I guess that's what judging is?

Also, Tyrant Tyranitar, what would you say determines when a design looks like a Pokémon? Last I checked there was nothing to officially say what looks like a Pokémon. Regardless you're entitled your opinion as well as I'm entitled to mine.

thats what im saying. a lot of people though, who started with gen4 only like that style. they dont get how good a pokemon can be when its detailed, simple or really one of those.

Black/white isn't a minigame. It has two minigame so people have something to do when they are bored of playing the actual pokemon story.

I guess. What really annoys me is when people say a new Pokémon looks like a Digimon. Adding to your point generation V is more close to Gen. I that IV is; in terms of the Pokémon designs I mean.

I don't understand why people moan about the game developers adding new features and stuff to the games. Let's face it, if the games remained as they were in RBY with mere graphical updates the franchise would have failed years ago.

In some way I suppose we've got GSC to blame. It was so similar to RBY that must have automatically assumed that's how the series would be. There's nothing wrong with GSC; I'm purely making a point.

makes sense. i guess people just dont like change and only want pokemon that are similar to the ones they grew up with. lucky for me i started with emerald and played red and crystal at the same time so maybe thats why i dont really hate any pokemon. im rather proud of the new features, especially the dream world.

frostwind said:
what minigames? i see the transfering pokemon but thats it. new people love the 5th gen and so do the ones from the beginning. the people who hate all of the 5th gen sadly grew up with 4th gen. thats all they no so they arent used to the balance of simplistic and detailed designs imo. poor them.
I didn't grow up with the 4th gen though, I grew up with the 2nd and 3rd. I bet you started with 4th too. The Pokemon designs look like they came from Digimon. and I said ALMOST like minigames. The three on three battles look like a minigame for me and later I'll relook at the rest of the information and go on with it later.
frostwind said:
thats what im saying. a lot of people though, who started with gen4 only like that style. they don't get how good a pokemon can be when its detailed, simple or really one of those.
And i hate that you're trying to tell me my opinion is wrong, you should stop assuming I grew up with the 4th gen. I bet you did though

LordMuha said:
I guess. What really annoys me is when people say a new Pokémon looks like a Digimon. Adding to your point generation V is more close to Gen. I that IV is; in terms of the Pokémon designs I mean.

I don't understand why people moan about the game developers adding new features and stuff to the games. Let's face it, if the games remained as they were in RBY with mere graphical updates the franchise would have failed years ago.

In some way I suppose we've got GSC to blame. It was so similar to RBY that must have automatically assumed that's how the series would be. There's nothing wrong with GSC; I'm purely making a point.

New features ARE fun. The Pokemon do look like they came Digimon. I mean yeah, each gen should have unique Pokemon, but I'm not getting a feel for the designs. And the whole point of this thread is to express your opinion. And how is it GSC's fault? It was what made gen 2 the greatest gen (second goes to gen 3). GSC isn't even that similar. And even then you still can't blame them, that was TWO gens ago.

no i didnt. i didnt even see your post at first. i wasnt even talking to you in particular. i have nothing against your opions anyway. my cousin started playing platinum and his opinion changed completely after playing through hgss.

New features ARE fun. The Pokemon do look like they came Digimon. I mean yeah, each gen should have unique Pokemon, but I'm not getting a feel for the designs. And the whole point of this thread is to express your opinion. And how is it GSC's fault? It was what made gen 2 the greatest gen (second goes to gen 3). GSC isn't even that similar. And even then you still can't blame them, that was TWO gens ago.

Fun they are. I can't comment on Pokémon looking like Digimon because in two franchises based around similar ideas things are bound to look similar; there's really no valid argument against it. Pokémon look like Digimon, and vice versa.

The similarities between Gen I and II are far closer than any of the other generations. And because they came out fairly close together, with few minor changes - why change what's good? - people must have gotten some expectations of how the series may have continued. Even I'll admit that Generation III was a shock - both positively and negatively.

Going back to what you said about the Pokémon designs. You've made clear your opinions on the look of the new Pokémon and I've made mine. It just seems they're both different.

Tyrant, other than the designs of some or all of the new Pokémon what else makes you dislike the new Generation? Or are you completely put off by that alone? ^_^

LordMuha said:
Fun they are. I can't comment on Pokémon looking like Digimon because in two franchises based around similar ideas things are bound to look similar; there's really no valid argument against it. Pokémon look like Digimon, and vice versa.

The similarities between Gen I and II are far closer than any of the other generations. And because they came out fairly close together, with few minor changes - why change what's good? - people must have gotten some expectations of how the series may have continued. Even I'll admit that Generation III was a shock - both positively and negatively.

Going back to what you said about the Pokémon designs. You've made clear your opinions on the look of the new Pokémon and I've made mine. It just seems they're both different.

Tyrant, other than the designs of some or all of the new Pokémon what else makes you dislike the new Generation? Or are you completely put off by that alone? ^_^

PRetty much all Pokemon Gen. 5 designs lol, but ugh I hate how they did Muna and Gear the most. Gear is so unoriginal to be honest lol. and Muna is just a fat weird pig thing 0_o

I agree with you on Munna, I know I said earlier about being under designed or over designed; but Munna's just, horrible. If the whole generation followed suit with Munna I'd be very disappointed.

On the other hand I like Gear. It's not the most original but it's got that 'like-factor' for me. Kinda like Magnemite I suppose. e.e

Ehh it needs more design to it, I can't explain exactly but It'd have to be redone Imo and forgot to say that not all the Pokemon look like Digimon, Reshiram and Zekrom actually do look good for the new Pokemon

Yeah, I think Reshiram and Zekrom add to the likability of the two games. As well as a few other Pokémon for me.

How about the new look of the games. What does ya'll think of that?

amazing! nice to see how theyve gotten used to the ds. another thing i love is how the pokemon look so alive. also how the girl looks less like a pinky happygoluck fool. another part i like is how they made the gyms fit the themes of the cities. not much i hate

Hah, people rant too much on the designs of Pokemon. All I know is that Charizard, Vaporeon, and Pichu are my favorites.

love the eeveelutions so them being in the dw is sweet. anyone hate the dw? also the only thing i dont like at the moment is the musical but that could change or i could just skip it

^i want to go back to the original, simple contests from rse, theye were enjoyable with out dressing up your pokermanz and making them dance and all that crap, the musical looks somewhat better only because you can win items

Personally I think the 5 generation will be almost the same as the 4th and the 3rd.

-R K 9-

what you said. hoping a rse remake will have the old contests with a few changes (but no poffin, musicals or dressup) no wonder drew decided to go to johto. another thing i hate is pokemon that look like older ones.
munna isnt an evo but that was a huge controversy and so is the mamoubou one.

Back