BW/BW2 Why Black and White?

PokabuLugia

Wanna-be mod
I have to say, calling them black and White is hardly ingenious. I mean, they are stopping the rare substances starting from Gold and Silver and going back to colours! And what would they call the third one? Gray?

Why can't they? If they went with something fresh and original, they get yelled at, so they lose either way.

I don't really mind their decision of stepping back to the name styles of the games that started this series.

Although, I was kinda hoping for an Amethyst and Opal version.

reshiram vs palkia 456 said:
i always liked reshiram more

Umm, you're discussing the Legendaries in the wrong topic dude. This thread is discussing why the names of the games are Colors...

dmaster out.

I dunno, Black and White sounds neat, and hardcore. No more fancy gems, just shades. Hardcore Pokemon.

I was really exited to hear that they were using colors again. I always liked color names better, besides, they ran out of rare gems.. who knows, maybe 6th gen will be Pink and Purple version :p

jirachinick said:
I was really exited to hear that they were using colors again. I always liked color names better, besides, they ran out of rare gems.. who knows, maybe 6th gen will be Pink and Purple version :p

Not colours, shades. Black and White are the appearance and absence of light. Therefore, they do not constitute as colours, but shades.

Sorry to get all scientific.

jirachinick said:

jirachinick said:
PINK AND PURPLE VERSION

If that happens... looks like I'm skipping a gen! :p

Vdogam3r said:
jirachinick said:
PINK AND PURPLE VERSION

Aww, pink and purple would be lovely. The protagionist would be a princess! And all the Gym Leaders would drink tea.

Lets hope this never happens.

sturtle said:

Aww, pink and purple would be lovely. The protagionist would be a princess! And all the Gym Leaders would drink tea.

Lets hope this never happens.
[/quote]

And the gyms would all be ferris wheels! :D

But yeah. I would like a purple version, but PURPLE and PINK? Seriously? Will all of the pokemon be Munna?

Majora_787 said:
But yeah. I would like a purple version, but PURPLE and PINK? Seriously? Will all of the pokemon be Munna?

Yes. They will all look like pillows, and you will want to hug them all.

GOTTA HUG THEM ALL! POKEMON!

Hey! Don't go dissing the Pink! Back in my day, all the kids would talk about these mysterious Japanese-only Pokemon games called Hot Pink, Purple, and Brown...while all we got were Red and Blue! (of course this isn't true, but we were all like man why didn't we get Hot Pink?)

vaporchu8 said:
Hey! Don't go dissing the Pink! Back in my day, all the kids would talk about these mysterious Japanese-only Pokemon games called Hot Pink, Purple, and Brown...while all we got were Red and Blue! (of course this isn't true, but we were all like man why didn't we get Hot Pink?)

If the first Pokemon game was called hot pink, then Pokemon would've gone down a very different path.

Hey, we've had Pink legendaries before, (stares at Palkia and Mew) so we could have a Pink version. Maybe it could be on Pinkin island! o_O Who remembers that from way back...
Anyway, I agree with sturtle on the shade thing, that's probably how the names came to be

Maybe the names came to be because, 5 months before production, someone just randomly had the yin-yang idea? Thats usually how great things start!

Back