• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Who to pair Lurantis GX with?

Mw2020

Aspiring Trainer
I was looking for a good partner with Lurantis GX, in expanded format. Right now I am using Delphox and anticipating the Lurantis promo. But it is clunky with Delphox being a stage 2. Are there any other pokemon Lurantis GX could be good with, maybe Bronzong BREAK (clunky), Huntail (Powerful Storm) or something similar.

I was looking for a good partner with Lurantis GX, in expanded format. Right now I am using Delphox and anticipating the Lurantis promo. But it is clunky with Delphox being a stage 2. Are there any other pokemon Lurantis GX could be good with, maybe Bronzong BREAK (clunky), Huntail (Powerful Storm) or something similar.

The two I have seen played most frequently are Vileplume with a bunch of AZ + FoGP sprinkled in (that deck gets annoying fast if you don't OHKO a Lurantis) and Eeveelutions sometimes adding in Vespiquen and sometimes not. I also see Solgaleo in expanded, but I think that deck isn't nearly as good in expanded as Manectric + Solgaleo (which also is more of a fun deck that an actual winning deck). Other options you could play around with might be the Jolteon + Glaceon walls approach. Not sure how effective that would be either, but it is something to try.

If you REALLY wanted to go outside the box (and likely fall flat on your face), you could try it with Keldeo instead of using Archie's. I don't see it working, but just throwing out some ideas.

Back