who here is over 18 and still plays

mosherstomper

99 problems but luxchomp aint one
is everyone at your local tourney atleast 5 years younger than you?
do you feel awkward having to bite your tongue to keep from swearing in front of kids and parents?
are you upset because you cant buy booster packs because you have to pay rent?
have you been playing since the first set came out?
are you the only one that drove to the tourney?

if you answered yes to any of these congrats you old lets talk about it.

Well Im in seniors, but at tourneys and league I hang out with and play with mainly masters 17-18+. In my area the majority of the players fit the description you gave, so it's not too big of a problem.

#1 No. There are several other college guys there.
#2 No. I think swearing is a sign of immaturity, so I don't do it.
#3 No. I've got the money to buy both.
#4 Sorta. I played though fossil, and gave up till Great encounters.
#5 Yes. I always drive my friends because my car is the cleanest.

There are no local tourneys, only BR's and larger. Masters gets 80% of the attendance.
do you feel awkward having to bite your tongue to keep from swearing in front of kids and parents?

No, **** that ****

I still buy booster packs, what does that have to do with paying rent?

No

Definitely no

I answered no to everything, yet I am 22. Pointless topic.

festizzio said:
There are no local tourneys, only BR's and larger. Masters gets 80% of the attendance.

No, **** that ****

I still buy booster packs, what does that have to do with paying rent?

No

Definitely no

I answered no to everything, yet I am 22. Pointless topic.

you sir are a fun ruiner

#1 Is everyone at your local tourney atleast 5 years younger than you?
-Well i can tell that at my last league there was well over 50 people but yet only 5 were actually my age or a year younger and the new league is almost the same as well but it always seemed like there were more Masters then any other division at all the tourneys i went to.

#2 Do you feel awkward having to bite your tongue to keep from swearing in front of kids and parents?
-There are some times where I hold back but otherwise its now real problem for me.

#3 Are you upset because you cant buy booster packs because you have to pay rent?
-No, I don't pay rent...yet.

#4 Have you been playing since the first set came out?
-I do have cards from the first set, but i stopped for quite a long time and came back about 1 set before DP.

#5 Are you the only one that drove to the tourney?
-I'm not always the only one to drive to the tourney but sometimes i am.

I'm 21 and probably more than two-third of the Masters at the Great Lakes Area Regionals Tournament that I went to were 18 or older.

I there are more older players than people realize. At most of our tournament juniors and seniors stuggle to even get 3 rounds. Masters are definately the majority. With that said I have 12 members in my league and all are over 18. Cussing is not a problem cuz no parents are there. I usually drive because not many members have a car. I played from base set to teamrocket then started again at Rising rivals. I dnt usually buy cards like I used to beacuse I have everything I need already.

Despite being 20, a good portion of the players in my area either in my age group, between the ages of 16 and 23. There are, of course, younger players. (I.E. Minimidget.)

I swear regardless of my peers. I find it irrelevant sheltering kids. They're going to be exposed to it anyway.

I buy boosters via store credit I win from winning yu-gi-oh tournaments. I heard spending 5$ and winning 25$ in credit every week is a good thing.

I have, however I stopped during EX Dragon, then got back in when Legends Awakened came out.

I don't drive.

I haven't been to tourny in so long that I can't answer that.

I don't swear, I find it annoying and immature.

I still live with my parents and I'm not ashamed to admit it.(btw I'm 21) So I don't pay rent.

I played base set all the way to ex sandstorm, quit, then started back with Heartgold and Soulsilver.

I don't drive like the above poster.

I'm 20.

1. There are a lot of young kids at our league, but there are also a lot of people my age surprisingly. However, my friends and I make up the majority of the people.

2. I don't swear. But I do watch what I say around kids.

3. I live on campus during the school year and it's payed for. But I still never have money for boosters. lol I accept donations btw. lol.jk

4. I played the original Base/Fossil/Jungle/Team Rocket/Gym Leader but stopped until around DP. And then started playing competitively aroun PL.

5. I like carpooling. But about half of the people at league are able to drive.

If there are any of us "older" kids going to nats, we should communicate at some point. To keep our sanity and reasure ourselves that Pokemon is cool. lol

My league mainly consists of players from the Masters division. Usually 6 players turns up born in the 80s, another 3 born in early 90s, and 2 in the late 90s and only 3 juniors...plus my league have a pokemum plays.

second question, my league dont mind swearing AS LONG AS ITS NOT TO AN EXTREME. Yeah, keep it to a mininum. Seriously, 3 of my crew got banned for a month 4 years ago for a massive swearing feast... They were all 13 at that time lol.

i can still buy boosters whenever i can afford, but only time if rents hinders would be my travel lol

i have been playing yeyes since base set, son.

and to last question, i can't drive but thankfully my league is only up the road from where i am. xD

1) Is everyone at your local tourney atleast 5 years younger than you?

Last BR I went to had 26 Masters, 7 Sr. and 3 Jr. So not really.

2) do you feel awkward having to bite your tongue to keep from swearing in front of kids and parents?

I don't curse much. Cussing is nothing more than one having lack of a vocabulary. That and the tournaments here are usually held in a McDonalds or something. They have rules against foul language there and kick you out if it gets out of hand.

3) are you upset because you cant buy booster packs because you have to pay rent?

Just paid Insurance, Rent and a Car note. I just bought the only 6 platinum boosters at Wal-Mart for $3.33 each along with a new pillow, food and shampoo. Pulled a Shaymin (Land Form) X out of it. Epic day for me. :)

4) have you been playing since the first set came out?

Yes, but I quit after I completed Fossil and started playing just before Storm Front came out. Well, I didn't really play for the first three sets. I collected the cards during it. So technically I didn't start playing until Legends Awakened. But I do have the first ever pre-release promo card. :)

5) are you the only one that drove to the tourney?

Seeing as the last tourney was BR and that was an hour drive and I car-pooled with seven other people... yes? I drove there and back seeing it was my vehicle but they all contributed towards gas. Several other people drove though.

Edit: Oh I'm 22 and the oldest player at the last BR (Which was last Sunday) was well in their 30's.

mosherstomper said:
No. I'm 23 and there are still some older people than me at BRs.
No. I very rarely swear and when I do it isn't when I am judging.
No. I pay rent but still can afford to get a box when a set first is released, most of the time 2 boxes.
No. I started when it came out, quit for awhile and then got back in three years ago.
No. There is more masters than any other division.

if you answered yes to any of these congrats you old lets talk about it.
[/quote]

#1 Not at all, we have a few people who are in their 30ies and even 2 who are in their 40ies and play regularly.
#2 Kids swear more than me ._.
#3 No, prices, judging and stuff earn me enough boosters, I only pay for prereleases and entry fees most of the time.
#4 Yes, but that's Belgium, so probably a year or 2 after the US
#5 Nope

Last BR I went to was almost entirely Masters, so a lot of people over 18 still play. I kinda play...I drift in and out of the game because honestly, the quality and balance of it has steadily declined since oh, Rocket or so, and we're really in the doldrums again. I think the most balanced times Pokemon ever saw were Base-Rocket (depending on how you feel about Rocket's Zapdos you could say Base-Gym 2), Expedition block (Islands - Skyridge with the reprint miniset), and Power Keepers up to Legends Awakened. Platinum block was another broken block, and that's really driving me out of the game right now.

Maybe I should try to organize some block tournaments.

Back