Writing White Diamond. Back in business! (Chapter Three, up!)

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Herro!! This be my first major fic soo, yeah. Hope you like it and please don't be harsh with the criticism. I have feelings and am very sensitive. I'm in sixth grade too, so I am somewhat lacking.

Part 1

High School Parties

Tori had never been to a high school party before, until then. Her brother had been watching her while their mother went out, which didn’t make too much sense to Tori, because she was already twelve. Her brother, Tyler, had dragged her along to his little high school party.

‘You’ll love it!’ Tyler had promised. Tori hated it. The rap music that all the high school kids listened to, hurt her ears. Tori’s mother had never approved of rap music. She called it “A bad influence.” Tori’s mom wouldn’t have cared though. Tori was almost completely convinced that she didn’t care. Tori’s mother was always away on business trips, and never seemed to be concerned about anything beside her work. Tori talked to her about her problems, despite the fact that she was never listening. Or so she thought. On occasion, Tori’s mom would look up and into Tori’s eyes with a look of understanding, as if she’d been there before. That was it. No, oh Tori I’ll give you some advice! Or, Tori, I’m sorry, would you like me to help? Never anything of that sort. Tori still had a glimmer of hope, though. Hope that this shell of her real mother would break, revealing the mom Tori knew was inside. She gripped her cup of punch tighter. As the song changed, Tori wished she had stayed home. She thought she was going deaf! Tori reached into the pocket of her old blue jeans, her fingers closing in around the familiar shape of her MP3 player, wrapped in standard issue earbuds. She carefully unwrapped the buds from the music player. She pushed them into her ears and switched it on.
Tori began to slip out onto the balcony of the ballroom. Nobody was there, and Tori thanked her lucky stars for her MP3. She turned and looked through the threshold where the dance was going on. Girls in short tops waved their hands up high, as the boys thrashed their feet about, Tori thought they looked rather ridiculous, and other kids just stood outside the circle, swaying and stuffing themselves with cupcakes. Tori slid her back down the bars of the well painted balcony.
She took a sip of her punch. It was bright red, she knew it was artificially colored, and it tasted of orange, despite the red color. Tori found the punch too sweet, scowled into the cup and rested her arm, still holding the red liquid, on her knee. Her eyelids began to grow heavy.
Soft music blaring from the loudspeakers suggested a slow dance.
Nobody noticed the girl on the balcony who just spilled a Styrofoam cup of who knows what, into the fountain below. Nobody noticed as a curious Treecko made it’s way up the balcony bars. Nobody noticed, as the lone Treecko poked around and began lapping up the punch. The Treecko seemed to be satisfied, so it settled itself in the crook of Tori’s bent arm. A salty tear fell down Tori’s cheeks. It dropped onto the sleeping Treecko, and Tori pulled the little Pokemon closer. It nuzzled it’s nose into Tori’s belly. Nobody noticed the twelve year old girl at the party, the one sleeping on the balcony with a wild Treecko. The one that Tyler would eventually have to carry home. Well, his Tyranitar would.
Tyler loved his sister, but had a bone illness that prevented him from lifting heavy things. He couldn’t play with her much and he had to get a check up at the doctor’s every two weeks. On top of that, he had much more homework than his sister. Tori had gotten him his Tyranitar three years ago to help him lift and carry things. Tyler would do anything for Tori, but she refused to let him. Tyler sighed and tossed his Pokeball containing Tyranitar back behind him. He crouched down and stroked Tori’s red hair.

“If only he could see you now.” Tyler bent down and whispered into Tori’s ear:

“ I couldn’t have asked for a better little sister.” Tyler carefully pushed his sister into the arms of Tyranitar, careful not to wake her, or the sleeping Treecko. Tyler climbed onto his huge Pokémon’s shoulder and gave it the signal. Tyranitar walked forward towards it’s master’s house at the beach.

Tori woke the next morning, the warm body of Treecko had left. She thought it would have gotten scared and scampered off. Tori giggled and turned her gaze to the glass door in the back of her colorful room. That was why she had chosen this room. She wanted to feel free, like the Pokémon, to come and go as she pleased. But no, she was stuck here, having to listen to her mother’s lectures on how to treat a Pokémon. She had always used them as pets. Tori felt bad for her mom’s Grovyle. Tori and Tyler both believed that a Pokémon was a thing to love, to befriend, and live with. The complete opposite of what their mother thought. The sea outside made Tori free, like the Pokémon, not a pet, but a friend. A friend of all, Pokémon and humans alike, like the Treecko. Tori hoped more than anything that the little green Pokémon would return. Tori padded out into the cold light of the kitchen. The sky was dark and grim. The clouds housed no sun or patches in which to see the sun above. Tori moved her stare to the kitchen table, where she expected her mother to be sitting. No, she wasn’t there today. Had she gone off on another trip so soon after her last one? She finally noticed Tyler, sitting in the chair, his left hand run through his blonde hair, as if he had a brush stuck there. He looked up at his sister, his hazel eyes showing that he was tired and frustrated.

“What’s the matter, Tyler?” Asked Tori, worriedly. Tyler came to stare at her.

“ Mom hasn’t come home yet. I’m getting worried. She said she’d be home at six this morning, exactly. And Tori, you know just as well as I do how she keeps her promises.” Tyler looked up through the skylight. Finally, a hole in the clouds had opened up, shining warm rays of sun on Tori’s tall brother, his eyes, made of pure amber, his hair, the color of champagne, splashed with stardust. Tori admired his ability to look good in any setting.

“I … don’t want to lose her too. No matter how lousy she may be to us, she is still our mother, and she still loves us. You and I both know that.” Tyler explained, obviously very concerned. Tori turned and didn’t say anything. She looked down.

“Tori, you know I’m right. Admit it, you love her too.” Tyler was pulling her apart, layer by layer, like an onion, revealing the true Tori.

“ I do Tyler! I do love her!” With that, a horrible gust of wind made a loud CRAACK! Tori stood bolt upright. Wind brushed her from both sides.

“Hurricane… news… should have… known!” She heard Tyler stammer. Sand and debris flew all around the house, knocking over vases and shelves. Tori felt herself get lighter and lighter, until she was just about flying away!
“ Tyler!! Help!” She yowled, desperately holding onto the black leather couch, the wind had begun to carry her away! Tyler struggled to her side, taking her hand. The wind blew Tori’s left hand from the couch. She was beginning to slip, slowly but surely.

“Let me go, Tyler! Don’t hurt yourself for me!” Tori said, her feet now out the window. Tyler gave her a stern look.

“ Never! I will not!” With that, his hand slipped from Tori’s grasp. Sand flew into her eyes, preventing her from seeing what was going on. She made a desperate grab for the windowsill. Broken glass cut into her hand, leaving a red puddle on the windowsill. The last thing Tori heard was her brother, calling her name, willing her not to let go, but in vain. The pain from the glass had taken over, and Tori, not being able to bear it, let go at the last gust of wind. She flew into the spiral of driftwood and sand, not knowing what was to come…

“ Oh! You’re awake! I thought you were a goner!” A perky voice called, from the corner of a damp cave. The thing walked into view. It was blue and had floppy ears and it smiled at Tori quite a bit. It was a Pokemon, Riolu! Wait, did it just talk?!

“ I thought you might like some gummis, I don’t have many, but here you go!” Said the happy blue Pokémon. Tori scrambled up, franticly looking around. She tripped and felt herself fall into something wet. She bolted up, and turned, but instead of the surprised human face he expected, she got the surprised yellow shape of a Pikachu!

RE: White Diamond

This is a really nice story! I love the plot so far. My main suggestion for you is to separate your paragraphs just a little bit more, some of the chunks are hard to digest, but otherwise this is great, especially for a 6th grader!

Omygosh. Thank you!! I will listen! This is an odd feeling i'm getting. Thank you thank you! More chapters will be up soon!

Double spacing between new paragraphs and bits of dialogue remedies a lot of the basic problems of formatting we normally see here, so get into the practice of it and and you should be fine. I'm reading on my phone, so I can't tell whether or not things are double spaced right now. Even so, it looks like a very impressive start for a first major fic! Kudos on that much! ;)

Very good, although (and please don't take this offensively) mystery dungeon stories rarely work out. Really good story, especially a grade 6. Like Hyperbeem said though, space out your paragraphs. Blocks of words often drive people away. A question though: How old is Tyler? He's in high school, yes, but that's a 5 year range.

YAYY! MODERATOR PRAISE!! Thank you! I think the paragraphs are double spaced but I can't tell if you want me to double space the words. The next parts have lots of dialouge. Though the next few parts are a bit choppy. I'm currently revising them. *bow* Thank You. You both have given me a reason to continue a once dead fanfic.

Oh, sorry. He's about fif... umm, sixteen. I have also noticed that PMD fics rerely work but i'm taking the leap.

Rawr! I have lots of Math homework to do, so i'll be on later. Thank you all! (I tried to fix those spacing problems)

THX
~AUSA

I think they mean like this:

"-----" Person A remarked.

"----------------------------------------------------------" Person B commented in return.

"---------" Person A rebutted, obviously offended.

So on...

Overall, a very good twist to PMD series. For a 6th grader, you sure know how to write. About a year ago, that was my case, but I wasn't nearly as good as this. If you look at my story here, then compare to yours, you'll see that you're not that far behind, maybe even on par and above me. At that rate, you have endless potential. I wish I could write like you do in a way.

Great start, looking forward to more, ~AoH

Personally, I eliminated the human-turned-pokemon thing from my story Biohazard, just to deviate from bland PMD set up. I also added darker characters and themes to try and spice it up. Sadly, too many of these stories just cut out after a while, not because they're entirely bad but it seems people just get bored with them. That's what I've noticed a lot.

In any case, I hope you do keep this up.~Apollo

As i noted before, I do realize that PMD fics get boring or given up on, and I agree. Just know that I may not have time to write sometimes, due to life of course, so things around here may be a little slow. And to tell you the truth, this wasn't actually going to end up on here after my last fic. My first one, total and complete failure. Wasn't even trying. I then compared this to other ones and realized that i in fact did have some potential. Thank you all and next chapters will be up soon.

This is good, but you REALLY need to space out your paragraphs. After you end a paragraph, or a different person speaks, you just need to hit enter twice so that there is a line of emptyness inbetween the paragraphs. It really was a bit of an eyesore reading that giant starting paragraph, but you can go and edit it now. Anyways, love the storyline, especially great for a 6th grader :)

ARRGGHH!! It won't let me indent the paragraphs! I've tried so many times! Thank you though! I will try again.

Ahh, there we go.

Space out that first paragraph too. You should switch paragraphs when you switch to another topic also, not just when another character speaks. I'd suggest changing the paragraph when Tori goes out onto the balcony, and again when the Treeko climbs up the wall. Just make sure you don't have that large of a paragraph. Usually a maximum of 4 or 5 lines to a paragraph.

RE: White Diamond (chapter two up!)

Part Two, The World
Chapter Two: Joey

“W…What in the name of Arceus! What!?” Tori scrambled through the cave, practically bouncing off walls. The Riolu held out his paws, trying to calm a very yellow and confused Tori.

“Hey!” He yelled, patting the air with his hands or, well, paws. Tori didn’t listen. The Riolu sighed.

“STOP! Hey! Pikachu! Slow it down!”Tori flew into the blue Pokemon, nearly knocking him over.
When the two had calmed down, the Riolu, who’s name turned out to be Joey, began to explain about the real world of Pokemon.

“We also eat Gummis and apples. I have some Gummis here, you can try them if you like, if you really were human, you wouldn’t know of them.”Joey passed Tori a small, yellow item, Tori thought it felt like a bowl of gelatin. She carefully bit a chunk from the bean shaped food. It was sweet, and tasted of cream, banana, and pineapple, all at the same time. Tori looked up, feeling more confident. In fact, the more she ate, the better she felt.

“This is totally amazing! What is it made out of?” Tori asked.Yellow dribbles had formed at the corners of her mouth. She quickly wiped the gummi fragments away, trying hard not to be gross to her only friend here. Joey shrugged.

“What’s it taste like?” Tori suddenly felt guilty. She held the rest out to him. He pushed it away.

“I can’t, if I eat one opposite my own type, it’ll make me sick, trust me, I’ve tried.”

“Oh.” Tori ate the rest, still feeling uneasy. The two sat there, over the cliff, looking out at the sea. Tori suddenly knew she could trust Joey. This was the first feeling of security that she had felt since she had arrived in this strange Pokemon world. She understood him, and somehow, she’d felt some relation to him. Tori lay her head on his small shoulder. He looked surprised, but didn’t move.

“We’ll be great friends, Tori,” Tori nodded. There’s so much I could learn from him, and so much I could be. Here in this world I don’t recognize. I sure do miss my world. She stopped. Wait ,what about my old world? Is it wrong that I don’t remember anything about it? She shook it off and closed her eyes. A long day lay ahead…

Tori’s eyes opened to the ledge overlooking the crystal sea. She sighed and picked up her Pokemon form and waddled into the area where she had met Joey the night before. The beach was beautiful. The Krabby had come out, so early in the morning, to blow bubbles. The bubbles reflected the sunrise, as if the bubbles were small chunks of the sun. Tori began to turn, when she noticed something, a part of the sea that was a hair lighter than the rest. It shimmered with more diamond glory than the rest. Tori wondered…

“Hey buddy, Tori!” Tori whirled around, breaking the trance of the spot in the ocean.

“Joey, good morning! I saw the gummi you left me but I wasn’t hungry. What are you up to?” She asked, remembering the yellow gummi he’d left for her. She wondered how many yellow ones he had. Joey wiped a blue paw across his forehead.

“I’m just working on an attack I’ve been trying to perfect. Aura Sphere, surely you’ve heard of it?” Tori shook her head, beginning to think that Joey was overestimating her skills. Just because she was human, didn’t mean she knew everything about Pokemon! She sighed.

“Joey, just because I was once human, it doesn’t mean I know everything. I did lose my memory, if you remember.” Joey flinched, and Tori suddenly regretted being so harsh.

“Joey, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean-

“No, it’s okay, I was being horrible to you. Sorry. I’ve just had a hard few days.” Joey sighed.

“Now, um, I think I could teach you some moves if you like.” Tori looked at him blankly. Joey sighed.

“Well, umm, one move Pikachu mainly uses would be Thunderbolt, and I think I can teach it to you.” Joey looked very uncertain, but he stood his ground. Tori slightly remembered this move used in battles before. Of only she could remember what all the Pikachu on the TV had done. Tori scrunched her paws into her belly, and rolled her head down, hoping this was the right position. Joey nodded.

“Now what?” Tori asked, laughing. Joey thought for a moment.

“Well, you sort of reach deep down, summon up all your energy and just, well,” Joey looked at Tori, lost.

“Here, maybe if you watch me do one, you can learn how.” He pressed his bright blue paws together, and his eyes turned dark.

“Dark Pulse!” He shouted, as he thrust his arms out, and a wave of purple energy flew from his short body. The wave came closer to Tori, and she jumped, suddenly scared.

“Perfect evading technique!” Joey told her, his eyes back to normal. He gestured to Tori, signaling her to try. Again, she scrunched her body, and tried to conjure up the electricity stored inside her.

“Here, aim at me.” Joey shouted instructions at Tori.

“Think of using the attack!” He would say.

“Now!” Joey screamed, and Tori threw her arms away, but stared at Joey. This time, a wave of electric energy released itself, but stopped short of Joey. Every time she tried, Tori couldn’t get the wave to reach him.

“Ahh, Tori, this is Thunder Wave. It’s like Thunderbolt, but downgraded a bit. Again, don’t worry about me, just throw all you got” Joey instructed. Tori nodded, taking in every word. She got into position, and focused.

“Let it out, Tori, yell as hard as you can if it helps, “Joey called, his monotone voice barely reaching. Barely. But that was just enough.

“Ahhhgghh!!” The sound came from deep inside. It was something different, something primitive, but something definitely Tori at her best.

“Aghh!!” An agonized sound poured from her friend, making her drop out of her trance.

“Joey!” She yowled, hurt.

“Joey!” Tori shook him, but he wouldn’t wake.

“J-Joey,” She stroked his deep blue fur. She figured that the only way to save her friend was to take him to town. Tori scooped him up, waddled to the door, kicked it open, and marched out. She ran as fast as her short legs could carry her, which was rather quick, into Treasure Town.

Is that better, on the first chapter, or should I click enter again?

Now i'm out of stuff to add to in Word, so I have to comtinue with chapters with nothing to add to. The next chapter might be a while, but it will be up, so don't leave.

Spacing is much better now, and an interesting chapter, setting up your plot. Only one thing that I can see (Apollo will probably find more), and that's just a bit too much spacing in between when Tori goes to sleep and when she wakes up. Maybe just make 2 spaces.

Heh, yeah, sorry, that was sort of quick, I didn't feel like taking much time on that. Sorry for being lazy.
THX
~AUSA

I couldn't write this well in sixth grade (I'm not sure if that Year Six in England). You have my due praise.

Spacing is so much better, good job for that. I noticed several errors of not putting spaces after quotes and commas before them. The story is really nice so far and I hope you can get that next chapter up soon! I still neeed to write up my first chapter...

I'm currently writing it. Tee hee! I left you all at a cliffhanger! It may be a while though.

RE: White Diamond (Chapter Three!!)

Okay, finally....

Chapter Three
Memories

As Tori ran, she felt Joey’s body get heavier. He was losing it. Tori looked back at the trees behind her, taking notice of how far she’d come. The trees waved back at her in the silence. She nodded and continued on. When she reached Treasure Town, she saw just how different it was from her old world. What looked like totem poles were scattered in corners and by tents, their colorful paint bright in the afternoon sun. Pokemon hunched over gummis or apples looked up and waved. Tori smiled, despite the dire situation. Tori took less notice of the town as she hurried across a bridge.

“Hey! Look out!” Tori’s head flew up before a light blue, something, shoved her over. Joey flew from her arms, and landed with a thud on the dusty ground.

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” Tori looked down at the Pokemon below her. He smiled up at her.

“No, it’s fine.” He said, sticking a paw out. Tori took it and pulled him up. She scrutinized his face. Kind eyes, with a young smile. He waved and walked back into the west side of town. Tori laughed and pulled Joey up, making sure he wasn’t hurt. He rustled in her arms.

“Joey!” She shouted, as the blue lump in her arms lessened in weight. His eyes fluttered open and Tori collapsed to the ground, a relived sight escaping her lips.
She laughed breathlessly as Joey scanned his surroundings. He suddenly doubled over with laughter! Tori stopped, wiped tears from her eyes and looked at Joey. His face reflected the light of the sun, now setting, as he turned and laughed at her. He took her paw ant dragged her down a path, laughing. Tori’s paws dragged the dust behind her, throwing up little brown clouds.
“Watch this,” Joey padded down to the beachfront and reached under a shrub. He removed a slab of wood, painted colorfully with juices from berries.

A colossal wave rose elegantly from the sea. Joey threw the board into the water and jumped onto his belly, paddling the board toward the wave. It closed in on him, and Tori’s mouth fell open.
“Watch-

Joey stood up on the board, the wave curling over him slowly. Tori thought he was about to kill himself until she looked closer. He was smiling, is paws raised over his head, his mouth left open in a constant joyful whoop. She heard his faint call through the shattering roar of the wave. Tori remembered, people used to do this for fun at the beach where she lived. This was her favorite sport.

Joey was surfing! Tori clapped her yellow paws together, cheering him on. She
jumped into the air as the wave doubled over and crashed, flipping Joey off of the board, mid yell. Tori sprinted into the water, calling to him. Joey rose ,shaking the water from his fur. He gestured to the shrub where he had found the surfboard. Tori gasped. Joey motioned toward the shrub again. Tori finally got the message and hurried over to the shrub.

She heard a new wave forming. She might miss it! When Tori found the board under the bush she hurried toward the water.

Right before she got to the sea, a brilliant silver flash of light crossed through Tori’s vision. She suddenly fell over backwards into the golden sand. She carefully stood back up, and saw another Pokemon, a Kirlia! Joey was showing the Kirlia the do’s and don’ts of surfing. Tori squinted to see the Pokemon closer. The board under her was painted vibrantly with colorful berry juices. It looked just like-

Tori looked down at her board. It was painted beautifully with different shades of green, the shape of a Scyther, just like the one the Kirlia had beneath her! Tori gasped and backed away from the board. Almost instantly, the image of the Kirlia vanished, as though it had never been. When Tori awoke from her trance, she was halfway home, helped along by Joey’s steady paws.
“Joey, I saw…” She stopped. Did she really want to tell him about her vision?

“Tori?” Joey asked. She shook her head, dismissing the thought.

“Nothing,” She replied. Nothing indeed. Tori thought to herself, chuckling.

The graceful sea breeze ruffled Tori’s fur. She squinted. The wind was really picking up. She had snuck back down to the beach, to see if she could find out more about the Kirlia and the board. Tori really wanted to see what this was all about. She looked at the sea again, to see if she could find any clues.

The moon was a full circle in the sky. Its silver beams reflected on the water, transforming it into liquid silver, sparkling gently in the light. Tori admired the water and moved on to the shrub. She reached under and shuffled around until she found the two surfboards. Tori inspected the boards carefully, then gently touched the Kirlia’s board. Just like before, Tori’s vision clouded and the flash came, this time brighter, the picture more vibrant. Again she saw the Kirlia, paddling in the surf.

“Like this?” The Kirlia asked. Joey kindly nodded.
“That’s it!” He replied. He instructed her a little on correct form, and let her off on her first wave. That was when Tori first noticed the knife like spires jutting from the surf.

“Come on, Cam, I think you’re ready!” Joey stood up on his board, nodding for Cam to do the same. Cam stood, her skirt billowing in the wind. The giant wave began to curl like wavy hair, over Cam and Joey. A delighted smile took to Cam’s face. She raised her paws into the air, not noticing Joey’s desperate calls to turn away. Cam had no clue as to how dangerously close she was to the deadly spires.

“Cam!! Turn! NOW!!” Joey yowled, his voice barely catching Cam’s ears. Cam opened her eyes, finally noticing the towers of stone.

“Joey, help!” She called, obviously scared. She considered jumping off, but didn’t. She was a moment too late. Tori yelled desperately for Cam to turn, something to stop her, but in vain.

Tori tried to remove her grip from the board, but couldn’t. She pulled her paw harder, even harder, but it wouldn’t budge. Would she be stuck in this nightmare forever? Something behind her laughed deeply. Tori turned her head to see a dark, black Pokemon laughing evilly, it’s red eyes glowing . It was barely a shadow, but it disappeared. Tori’s paw released, and she half trembled, half ran back home.

When she reached home, she saw Joey standing by the door.

“Where did you go?” He asked worriedly.

“I Joey, I have something to tell you about.” She confessed. She told him all about the visions, and not once did he ask a question.

“Interesting. Tori, Cam was one of my old friends, she died before you came here.” He explained sadly. Tori gasped.

“Joey, I’m so sorry!” It was tragic. Joey smiled and rocked back and forth.

“It’s okay. I miss Cam a whole lot, but I know she’s really happy now. I’ll see her again someday.” Joey was obviously recalling his memories of Cam. Tears welled up in his eyes. Tori reached over his shoulder and wiped them away.

“She… I’m just glad I have you now Tori. I haven’t had a good friend since Cam died. And I thank you for that.” He stammered.

“Hey, Joey, what do you say we go into town tomorrow and take some Exploration jobs from Wigglytuff’s Guild?” Joey’s expression instantly brightened.

“Okay!” He said, excitedly. Tori gave him a hug, and settled down in her bed, happy that Joey was happy.
The next day, Joey and Tori ventured into town. They bought several gummis and apples from the grocery tent and met a few new Pokemon. When they finally reached the gates to Wigglytuff’s Guild, Joey started to shiver. That was where the fun began!

[/b]

Tori stared blankly up at the bulletin board, displaying all the possible jobs.

“How about this one?” Joey passed Tori a piece of parchment paper. Tori checked it. She shook her head.

“No. That one?” She asked, pointing a paw at a paper higher up on the board. Joey reached up and pulled it down. He looked at it and nodded.

“This is good, but we need to get some supplies.” He dragged Tori back into to town, and to the Kecleon twins’ market. Tori saw the many items displayed on the shelves behind the twins.

“Hello, Joey, haven’t seen you in a while!” One Pokémon said. Joey laughed and nodded.

“Well, nice to see you too. Who’s this?” Another Pokemon asked. (Tori referred to them as Kecleon A and B)

“This is my new friend Tori,” Tori reached up and Kecleon A took her hand and kissed it. Tori blushed.

“Pleasure to meet you, Madame Tori,” Kecleon B rolled his eyes and whacked his brother in the head. Scowling, Kecleon A stood back to let his brother do his thing.

“So, motley crew, what is it you need today? We have orbs, TMs, food and or our signature Perfect Apples! Found only in the Apple Forest!” Kecleon B bowed and held a bright red apple to Tori. Tori laughed.

“I’ll have one of those!” A small voice piped up behind them.

“Well, little Azu! Here you go. That will be fifteen.” Kecleon A handed the little Pokémon an apple. Azu, the Azumarill, dug around in his satchel and pulled out fourteen dollars. He passed the twins the bill, and started looking again. The twins tapped their claws on the counter in unison. Joey threw a three dollar bill onto the counter. Azu looked up.

“Keep the change, little guy,” He said, smiling. Azu smiled.

“Bless you, Joey!” He said, scampering off with the apple. Tori’s gaze followed the little Pokémon, he passed another apple to a pokemon that looked somewhat like an anteater. A Drowzee! Something was familiar about him. Wait-

“Joey! Hand me the paper.”

“Joey,” She nudged him. He passed it down. Joey continued to negotiate with the Kecleon twins.

“Sixteen for the seeds and five for the two Oran Berries,” Kecleon A suggested. Joey nodded and took the items.

“Oh my gosh!” Tori exclaimed.

“What?” Joey asked. Tori handed him the paper. The exact same Drowzee’s picture was shown on the page! Drowzee was a wanted criminal!

“Hurry, Joey! Azu might be in danger!” With that, the two raced off in the direction of Azu and Drowzee.

Back