PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello to all PokéBeach readers! Here’s Gabriel Semedo again with another Pokémon TCG article and this time I’m going to talk about Arceus VSTAR / Slaking V / Blissey V or “White Arceus”, which was the deck I developed together with the champion of the Porto Alegre Regional, Dalton Acchetta.
600px-PokemonRegionalChampionship-removebg-preview.png
After many Regionals and even a Worlds Championship in the SSH-ASR format, this format came to an end with the Baltimore and Porto Alegre Regionals, in addition to the Bilbao Special Event. I played in the Porto Alegre Regional and got another Top 64, the third consecutive one since the return of official tournaments. It’s not the worst...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Silvernity

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Gabriel, love the list (which is on limitless if anyone wants to see it)! Quick question - what was jammer included for? Could u lose jammer and add, say, heavy ball in case you prize blissey or slaking? Thank you!

Gabriel Pino Semedo

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Gabriel, love the list (which is on limitless if anyone wants to see it)! Quick question - what was jammer included for? Could u lose jammer and add, say, heavy ball in case you prize blissey or slaking? Thank you!
Hi Silvernity! Thank you so much for the words and It's a pleasure answer your question.

Tool Jammer was the best Pokémon Tool for the deck in last format (SSH-ASR) because Jammer can work like a Choice Belt and a Big Charm at the same time in pratice. Against Arceus V with big charm, Slaking V can knockout with Powerful Energy and Jammer. Against Palkia VSTAR or Mew VMAX, Jammer might be the key to stop Choice Belt and keep alive for another turn.

For this format (SSH-LOR) Jammer lost some power, so my suggestion is changing for a Big Charm, it will help against Giratina VSTAR. Heavy Ball is a cool card in theory, but in practice you don't have any way to find it unless Starbirth, That's why the list has Blissey V AND Slaking V, so you have two Pokémon that can hit for a big damage, even they are completly different

Silvernity

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Silvernity! Thank you so much for the words and It's a pleasure answer your question.

Tool Jammer was the best Pokémon Tool for the deck in last format (SSH-ASR) because Jammer can work like a Choice Belt and a Big Charm at the same time in pratice. Against Arceus V with big charm, Slaking V can knockout with Powerful Energy and Jammer. Against Palkia VSTAR or Mew VMAX, Jammer might be the key to stop Choice Belt and keep alive for another turn.

For this format (SSH-LOR) Jammer lost some power, so my suggestion is changing for a Big Charm, it will help against Giratina VSTAR. Heavy Ball is a cool card in theory, but in practice you don't have any way to find it unless Starbirth, That's why the list has Blissey V AND Slaking V, so you have two Pokémon that can hit for a big damage, even they are completly different
Got it, thank you for the reply! I'm going to really push my luck here and ask one more question :) I see there is essentially no Miltank answer... is this just basically a call that miltank is not going to be seeing much play moving forward?

Gabriel Pino Semedo

Aspiring Trainer
Got it, thank you for the reply! I'm going to really push my luck here and ask one more question :) I see there is essentially no Miltank answer... is this just basically a call that miltank is not going to be seeing much play moving forward?
For Porto Alegre Regionals specifically we thought that Miltank not going to be seeing much play, because of Worlds results and brazilians don't like to play control, but it's always a risk choice anyway.