Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Rising Rivals

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Save up for alot of Arceus packs

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

reclaimer94

Grass Pokemon Master
Well, i obviously buy my share of packs (not a fan of Ebaying certain cards), and with the dissapointment of SV, i don't know what to buy

I read the article on this matter, but i still can't decide, so, which set?

i really im trying to focus on RR, SF, and PL, as those are the only three sets my store has left, so which one?

Please vote in the pole and make comments on why a set is better or worse

thanks

Are you looking for anything specific? Obviously if you want SP then go for RR/PL or if you want gengar and friends then go SF...

I would just save up for arceus though, unless you're lacking in the card department.

well, im only lacking if i am compared to the people that buy 3 Boxes when i set comes out

i have 2-3 tins full of cards, and and about 150 rares, 9 of which are X's, so i don't think im lacking that much, but theres alot of horrible ones (most from SV lol)

im not a big fan of SP's, or cheap donk decks, i find strategy more fun, and long, drawn out games that come down to the last prize the best

Well there's always this article to help decide.

Really depends though. Platinum has a lot of decently valuable cards; tons of good staple T/S/S that are in demand, especially the SP staples, as well as all-around good Lv. X's (maybe except Drapion). Rising Rivals I feel has a bit more junk, but it's also a good SP set. Stormfront's good if you're trying to build a non-SP deck, but personally I'd rather just try to trade for SF cards. So IMO, PT>RR>>SF

yeah, i read that article already

a little off topic, but how do you post a link in other words, the way you posted the link

thanks

Thanks Dichromate for answering that, but that information is in the noob guide, that he should have read, next time you can just link them to that and have them answer their own question.

EDIT, the aforementioned guide can be found here.

Thanks for all the posts thus far, but a little question:

how much does a poster box cost? And how many packs are in one? (I believe it is 41) and can I just do packs x price per pack = total? Or does it generally cost less since it's bulk?

Thanks

I'm very biased towards Platinum. Many, many good cards in that set. If you don't get what you want you will probably get something someone else wants.

Stormfront...You're bound to get a good rare most of the time, mainly because they didn't screw around with that set. It's a "relief" set for sure.

However, most of the game changing cards are in Platinum and Rising Rivals, I think. It will have better cards, but you're also bound to get unusable cards as well in those two compared to Stormfront.

So, is it good cards most of the time, or great cards mixed with bad cards?

well... i cant find any good cards from any set i really want, so i am thinking about buying a few RR packs, using "the code" to try and get the X's, but i think im going to save up for a AoA Box

And just for future reference the number of packs is 36, not 41. And it is cheaper in bulk, but not a whole lot cheaper.

I would go with a Box of Rising Rivals.

THink about it, this set has 7 or 8 Lv X cards alone and some secret rares and shinies.

Right now in the current metagame, people want Flygon X and Luxray X. Even if you dont want them, SOMEONE will. And you can trade really good for them.

Celebi23 said:
And just for future reference the number of packs is 36, not 41. And it is cheaper in bulk, but not a whole lot cheaper.

thanks, and for me, it seems alot cheaper

36 packs at 3.79 a pack = $136
36 packs in a box = $90

im getting 36 packs for the price of 23

well, i don't play in any leagues so i don't trade much, and there isn't anything i really want from RR, but i kinda want to try out the code that finds X's, and hope to pull one

ill say if i pulled anything this weekend if i buy any

Oh lol, I don't buy packs anymore, just singles, prereleases and boxes when I can afford it. The last time I bought a pack I think I paid like $2.90 for it. My bad, that is a lot cheaper. ;p

Back