Which deck is better?

Which deck is better?

• Total voters

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"
Okay this is a simple topic, I need help deciding between a couple decks.

Deck 1: Charizard

This deck has proven itself recently to be a worthy contender in the format.
(Yes, I currently play Charizard but am hoping for a change.)

Pro's:
- Hits for low energy.
- Has solid draw engine.
- High HP.

Con's:
- High retreat cost
- PokePower dependant
- Water weakness (Gyarados)
- Needs its draw engine combo to function

Deck 2: Magnezone

This was another deck I've wanted to try out. It seems solid, but I dont know.

Pro's:
- High HP
- Good type coverage
- Effective hit-and-run tactics
- Built in draw engine/energy accel

Con's:
- High retreat cost
- Power lock stinks....
- Requires 2 different energy types

Deck 3: Porygon-Z

Yet another deck I've wanted to try.

Pro's:
- Fast evolution/set up.
- Mild disruption abilities.
- High damage for low energy.
- Very effective draw engine.

Con's:

- Folds to trainer lock
- Higher retreat cost
- Hard to recover once TM's are gone

So yeah, 3 decks to choose.
All sound good in theory, but you all know how that can go.

Maybe I've missed some pro's and con's, or maybe you disagree with what I consider a pro or a con.

Discuss!

While Porygon-Z does fold to trainer lock, a teched-in Dialga G Lv.X can give you the one turn that you need. Plus, if a Gengar isn't set up yet (Gengar Lv.X Level Down :'( ) then you can use Learning to get a Dialga G Lv.X onto a benched Dialga G. It has a high retreat cost, buy you should be running two or three Warp Point for that (Plus a few Seeker to have a full recovery!). And yes, it is hard to recover after a few TM's are discarded, there is no way around that. And the only way to get them back efficiently either makes you discard two cards from your hand (Junk Arm) or is flippy and is (in my opinion, of course) a waste of a Porygon-Z in the deck (Porygon-Z [TM]).

But I definitely think Porygon-Z (I like to call it Promogon-Z =P ) is the best deck out of these three.

It depends on your meta. Lots of Vile___, I'd say not Promogon-Z. If you see much Gyara (or DialgaChomp), go for either Magnezone or Promogon-Z. And LuxChomp can be a big problem for Magnezone, what with the high retreat costs and such.

I say Zard. Unless you're facing DGX or Gyarados, it's a pretty solid deck, and even if you are facing DGX, you have weakness.
I used to run a Promogon deck, but once Claydol was rotated out, I took it apart. It could work again, but it absolutely REQUIRES DGX to function. It NEEDS its' TM's.
My buddy has a Magnezone deck that works pretty well, though. And until you've experienced it yourself, you'll never know just how much fun swapping can be!

So far people seem to be favoring Porgyon Z. I do as well, so luckily Im collecting the remaining cards needed for that deck. lol

I personally think Porygon Z is the most fun choice, and it does have an out to Trainer Lock, in the form of Dialga G LV. X. You can level it up on the bench thanks to Learning.

Back