where to buy single cards?

www.ebay.com

Or Here

Or Here

There are other sites, but these are some of the best. You could always start a trading thread here on beach :]

As Sylar said, eBay is the place to look. Make sure you check into the sellers feedback score before you buy.

Ebay's a joke. Theres plenty of good sites...but your best bet is to by packs and trade for what you need.

Papi/Manny said:
Ebay's a joke. Theres plenty of good sites...but your best bet is to by packs and trade for what you need.

It's a joke if you don't buy off of the right people. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence (Able to understand who to buy off of and who to avoid) can easily pick up any card they want (and cheaper if they're smart and patient enough) than any other site. If someone's not smart enough to do that, they should be concerned about more than where to buy Pokemon cards. Especially if they're buying for a deck rather than collecting (where they won't mind if "mint" doesn't mean perfect to that seller... *cough* troll+toad *cough*) it'll beat any other site every time.

vilebaseball said:
Papi/Manny said:

It's a joke if you don't buy off of the right people. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence (Able to understand who to buy off of and who to avoid) can easily pick up any card they want (and cheaper if they're smart and patient enough) than any other site. If someone's not smart enough to do that, they should be concerned about more than where to buy Pokemon cards. Especially if they're buying for a deck rather than collecting (where they won't mind if "mint" doesn't mean perfect to that seller... *cough* troll+toad *cough*) it'll beat any other site every time.
Mhmm, except when your cards don't come in and you didn't get the insurance. And you definately won't get a cheap price unless you bucket it, espically if its a good card. And lol, I'd rather buy a box for 65 then buy a lvl X for 50 every time.

Papi/Manny said:
vilebaseball said:
Papi/Manny said:

Mhmm, except when your cards don't come in and you didn't get the insurance. And you definately won't get a cheap price unless you bucket it, espically if its a good card. And lol, I'd rather buy a box for 65 then buy a lvl X for 50 every time.

Not all Lvl X cards cost 50 (that's a highly exaggurated figure in most cases), and in some boxes you only get one for the box. If you pay via Paypal, Insurance isn't an issue. All of that is outlined in the Paypal protection policy (unless the seller can prove it was delivered, you get your $ back, period).

A big part of that would also rely on that buying off the right people bit I mentioned earlier. There are very established sellers on the site that can actually get the OP the specific cards they want rather than having to hope that the one Lvl X is the last one they need to complete their set.

Try http://www.gamingetcstore.com .

Their cards are usually okay-priced and they do sales in which you can get a great deal. But, I have to add that they are sometimes confused with what they think is valuable, and sometimes cards will be way overpriced. It depends.

There are a number of retailers also that deal in single cards. However, you can expect to pay quite a bit more than you would in a person-to-person deal on eBay. Retailers are in it to make a profit. However, you don't have to worry about scams or getting cards below near-mint grade. Retailers are not going to risk their reputations and thus their business running shady deals. If you buy something, you're going to get what you paid for.

With that said, here are a few well-known shops that deal in Pokemon singles:

Gathering Ground (St. Louis, MO)
Collector's Cache (Kansas City, KS)
Poke Post (Raleigh, NC)
Troll and Toad (Barbourville, KY)
CardHaus (Lynnwood, WA)

Please note that I am not advertising or endorsing any of these retailers -- I merely list them for your convenience.

Chairman Kaga said:
There are a number of retailers also that deal in single cards. However, you can expect to pay quite a bit more than you would in a person-to-person deal on eBay. Retailers are in it to make a profit. However, you don't have to worry about scams or getting cards below near-mint grade. Retailers are not going to risk their reputations and thus their business running shady deals. If you buy something, you're going to get what you paid for.

With that said, here are a few well-known shops that deal in Pokemon singles:

Gathering Ground (St. Louis, MO)
Collector's Cache (Kansas City, KS)
Poke Post (Raleigh, NC)
Troll and Toad (Barbourville, KY)
CardHaus (Lynnwood, WA)

Please note that I am not advertising or endorsing any of these retailers -- I merely list them for your convenience.

Other than word of mouth, those sites really don't have an active "reputation" to uphold off of eBay. I know at least two of those also has a large selection on eBay, where it seems their grading scale (while still pathetic) is at least a little higher. They also have to compete with other sellers on there, thus (quite often) creating a lower price.

Buying from those established sellers (and more) on eBay is probably safer than buying from the shop directly. While the prices from newer sellers may be lower, you are correct that it does come with a higher risk.

Back