Discussion Where is Sceptile in tournaments?

Dante 21

Aspiring Trainer
Ever since the reveal of Sceptile cards in Lost Thunder, and combo with Alolan Exeggutor in a Tokyo tournament, I got hype because not only is it a cool pokemon, but another point for grass deck.

However, a month had pass when we got Lost Thunder, but nobody play it at any standard tournaments, even in Japan (At least to my knowledge). I know Blacephalon is a thing, but Lost March was used several times, so where is Sceptile deck? I thought this grass deck got the best chance against Blacephalon, and it can fight fairly good too? Am I missing something here?

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Looks like one person ran it in Champions League Tokyo: http://limitlesstcg.com/decks/?list=1315 (Exegg/Sceptile)

I suspect it's just not good enough against anything other than Blacephalon. Since there're other decks that do well against Blacephalon (like Brokan), it's not necessary to run it.

Dante 21

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, oddly only one in Japan and it not even pure Sceptile deck. And maybe. Lastly what is Brokan?

TinyCubinator

Aspiring Trainer
BroKan (I assume) is just GasKan/Malamar Box. Sceptile, at least in my opinion is too slow, as you're almost always hard evolving all the way up. Without forest of Giant Plants, I think Sceptile just doesn't have enough support to slow down the opponent/speed it up. Even with baby Sceptile stopping Ultra Beasts, which would crush Blacephalon if you get it out, It just can't keep up with the meta.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
BroKan (I assume) is just GasKan/Malamar Box. Sceptile, at least in my opinion is too slow, as you're almost always hard evolving all the way up. Without forest of Giant Plants, I think Sceptile just doesn't have enough support to slow down the opponent/speed it up. Even with baby Sceptile stopping Ultra Beasts, which would crush Blacephalon if you get it out, It just can't keep up with the meta.

BroKan is the Decidueye/Zoroark/Fairy A9 deck. Malamar is GasKan.