When did the Anime, "Jump the shark?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The episodes are awesome. It is the VA's that need work. The only thing that did not change that much is Team Rocket. James sound almost the same and so does Meowth but Jessie's voice is not the best and can do better. As far as the rest go they need work but I can handle it as I have not missed an episode now since season 3. I saw all of 1 and 2 but missing some from Season 3. Overal they are ok but can and need a lot of work on the cast.:)

well yea i kind of miss hearing ash's old voice, imo better than the new one, as i and probably many others grew up with the anime.
i think that veronica taylor should takeover ash's voice when dp: galactic battles is over

welcome to the hopes and dreams of ALMOST EVERY FAN OF THE OLD VOICES. It will never happen, as they never give her a chance...

I watched Pokemon from the beginning. I stopped after the Orange Islands... Still watched the Movies, just to keep up to date and what not. Althought the predictableness of the show got to me, for some reason I still wanted to watch it every now and then. So I did. They wern't great, but they did'nt suck too bad.
And Ash losing the Pokemon League was the best thing ever! Just when you think the whole series has been some kid who wins everything, he loses. The main thing no-one wants to lose. I nearly pee'd myself when it happened.

They do need to bring back Misty though, can't deal with this Dawn chick and May was okay I guess because I liked the fact she went with her little brother. But Misty and Brock should be the only people to travel around with Ash. That trio P'wned all!

Bilbo9 said:
I watched Pokemon from the beginning. I stopped after the Orange Islands... Still watched the Movies, just to keep up to date and what not. Althought the predictableness of the show got to me, for some reason I still wanted to watch it every now and then. So I did. They wern't great, but they did'nt suck too bad.
And Ash losing the Pokemon League was the best thing ever! Just when you think the whole series has been some kid who wins everything, he loses. The main thing no-one wants to lose. I nearly pee'd myself when it happened.

They do need to bring back Misty though, can't deal with this Dawn chick and May was okay I guess because I liked the fact she went with her little brother. But Misty and Brock should be the only people to travel around with Ash. That trio P'wned all!

May and Dawn are awesome characters. Dawn does not have a bad voice at all actually. Her VA does really well whoever the VA is and the same for May. Her VA did well too but no one can come even close to Veronica Taylor doing Ash's VA. She was the BEST VA to offer for Ash and Jessie I think but not sure. No one can replace the old VA's. They can try but trust me they can't.:)

xxashxx said:
May and Dawn are awesome characters. Dawn does not have a bad voice at all actually. Her VA does really well whoever the VA is and the same for May. Her VA did well too but no one can come even close to Veronica Taylor doing Ash's VA. She was the BEST VA to offer for Ash and Jessie I think but not sure. No one can replace the old VA's. They can try but trust me they can't.:)

Dawn's VA is done by Emily who did a voice in "Ah! my goddess". Can't remember what character though.
I've talked to her and she's on my myspace friend list. She's very nice.=)

I stopped watching when Pikachu didn't evolve, that's when I realized they don't care about their fans.

The episodes are formulaic, dull and make my brain hurt. The anime is so far gone now nothing they can do would make it watchable, they should just axe it already. The anime gives Pokemon a bad image.

Seems there's alot of talk of voice acting. The voice acting and the writing are both as bad as each other, it's patronising and unoriginal. There's nothing they could change about it that would make the anime watchable.

The Power of Pika said:
xxashxx said:

Dawn's VA is done by Emily who did a voice in "Ah! my goddess". Can't remember what character though.

Is there a way you can talk to her about Veronica possibly coming back for Ash's VA or can you have her talk to PUSA about Veronica coming back or something or have her join these forums so we the members here can talk to her about it? That would be great if you could do that. Thanks.:)

xxashxx said:
The Power of Pika said:
xxashxx said:

Is there a way you can talk to her about Veronica possibly coming back for Ash's VA or can you have her talk to PUSA about Veronica coming back or something or have her join these forums so we the members here can talk to her about it? That would be great if you could do that. Thanks.:)

You've put me in an awkward position but I don't blame you because you wouldn't realise the situation.^-^;;;;

The thing is Emily has sarah (Ash's current VA) on her friends list and sarah has her on her friends list.

Now when I first got into communication with Emily I actually talked to her about the situation with sarah. It wasn't about her acting however but more about sarah's feeling, the way fans sometimes treat Sarah (I've seen a few off fans here and there) and I had this concern that if Sarah got emotional and depressed that something bad may happen. I don't know why I had that in my mind at the time but I was very worried. So when I found Emily and realised she voiced dawn and had sarah on her friend list I PM'd Emily on myspace about my worries on the emotional side of things in which I got an answer back from her on. That's how I got into proper contact with her.

I tend to get far more worried about the VA's feeling than the cartoon itself sometimes.

So it gets very awkward to just suddenly ask her to find some way to get Veronica back and to kick sarah out. I wouldn't know what to say and I have no idea if I would want to put her through all that.

Plus as I said in an earlier post I like both Sarah and Veronica equally so it kind of gets hard for me aswell. I guess that's a problem with being inbetween.

Though I have considered the idea of inviting her to the forums to talk to fans in general about her role and stuff a while ago. Just unfortunately I've been very busy and I think she maybe busy aswell. She hasn't been on myspace in a while.

I'm making a cartoon myself personally so my schedule full up alot of the time. Though I may invite her one day when I do get time. No guarantees that she'll come on though if I do however.

The anime should be reworked. Keep the nucleus they have, just give each a complete overhaul. Give each a new design and a new VA.

I think the flaws in the Anime became too large and unbearable in Johto, where I stopped watching regularly.

The Power of Pika said:
xxashxx said:
The Power of Pika said:
xxashxx said:

You've put me in an awkward position but I don't blame you because you wouldn't realise the situation.^-^;;;;

The thing is Emily has sarah (Ash's current VA) on her friends list and sarah has her on her friends list.

Now when I first got into communication with Emily I actually talked to her about the situation with sarah. It wasn't about her acting however but more about sarah's feeling, the way fans sometimes treat Sarah (I've seen a few off fans here and there) and I had this concern that if Sarah got emotional and depressed that something bad may happen. I don't know why I had that in my mind at the time but I was very worried. So when I found Emily and realised she voiced dawn and had sarah on her friend list I PM'd Emily on myspace about my worries on the emotional side of things in which I got an answer back from her on. That's how I got into proper contact with her.

I tend to get far more worried about the VA's feeling than the cartoon itself sometimes.

So it gets very awkward to just suddenly ask her to find some way to get Veronica back and to kick sarah out. I wouldn't know what to say and I have no idea if I would want to put her through all that.

Plus as I said in an earlier post I like both Sarah and Veronica equally so it kind of gets hard for me aswell. I guess that's a problem with being inbetween.

Though I have considered the idea of inviting her to the forums to talk to fans in general about her role and stuff a while ago. Just unfortunately I've been very busy and I think she maybe busy aswell. She hasn't been on myspace in a while.

I'm making a cartoon myself personally so my schedule full up alot of the time. Though I may invite her one day when I do get time. No guarantees that she'll come on though if I do however.

Well yeah. Sarah is ok and even if Sarah did take another role in the show other than Ash that would be great but it is hard to say. Sheis pretty good for her role but not even close to Veronica and if she does move on to another character in the show that would leave room for Veronica to come back if she does do another characters VA. She is not a bad VA but the wrong VA for Ash. I could see her doing a VA for James from Team Rocket or Jessie for that matter. If Dawns VA could join these forums so we the dans here could ask her about Sarah and her role as Ash that would help us here tremendoudly to better figure out a way to possibly help Sarah become a better VA. At least Sarah does try her best to do hid VA though. That I imagine is very hard on her Vocle cords too because they are not the same structure as Veronica's cords. At least she is trying to get it right. I can tell that it would be very hard to do his voice. It would be good if you could contact Dawn's VA so we can talk to her and see if we can get Sarah to work better or see if she can do another character and Bring back Veronica. With the loss of Ash's VA some are not watching the show now. If they brought her back more will watch the show.:)

After Kanto, the anime became unbearable due to the ridiculous amount of fillers. However, a few of the movies were still somewhat good, especially the Entei and Lucario movies.

Shiny Noctowl, please don't post in threads that haven't had new posts for two weeks or more. Thanks.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back