Pokemon What's Your Favorite Pokémon and Why?

My favourite pokemon would be Rapidash, I have been involved with horses since I was five years old so I have a soft spot for Ponyta and Rapidash and I think fire type would be my favourite type so it is a good mix of the two factors.

Gallade. I fell in love with the guy when I first saw Lucian's Gallade in Platinum. I still use the same Gallade from gen 4 my Platinum version to this day.

Smeargle. I fancy myself an arteest, and have since he premiered. He is also capable of everything, but exceeds at very little, which I can relate to on a deeply personal level.
Xerneas takes second because I love antlers.

Persian because he's a cat with a cool gem launhing beams and he's also Team Rocket's signature pokemon along with Meowth.

Garchomp.

This is the embodiment of bad*ssery.

1) it's dragon
2) it's ground = stab to earthquake, my favourite move.
3) Amazing Speed.
4) It's also competitive
5) It's a sharklike dragon. It has blade arms in mega form
6) So... pretty much amazing design, great playability. Can't think of anything else... xD

Pidove for sure.
I really like Flying types overall, but Pidove is one I like more. It is so small and cute I want to hug him/her everyday!
The evolution line is great too.

Primeape. I played the games eversince red and blue. I like how he is alway angry and it's a pig monkey. The angry mark is so cool. I don't get why it doesn't get intimidate as an ability. I still use it in the newer games. It's my favorite to use in battle. Nothing kills darkrai/dark void more effectively than vital spirit primeape. Vaccum wave proves useful for that situation. If I'm not using primeape for battle I'm not having as much fun. As the dark type elite four lady from gold and silver said, true trainers try to win with their favorites.

It took me a while to determine an actual favorite. At first, I just went with the flow and accepted Pikachu as my favorite -- it was everywhere, after all. However, that changed after I beat my "gaming god" of a cousin with a Ho-Oh (not even lv90, mind you) on Pokémon Stadium 2. (He was using Legendary Pokémon as well, including Mewtwo, all lv100.) I hadn't defeated Red in Silver at this point, but my cousin suggested that I could probably take him down with my team. Sure enough, I was able to do it. Both of these points combined made the rainbow turkey my first actual favorite.

Years passed and I started thinking more deeply into the aspect of favorite Pokémon. What ARE favorite Pokémon, anyway? Are they Pokémon you like because they're strong? Are they Pokémon you think are cute? Are they Pokémon that bring back memories and you like them unconditionally, regardless of how strong/weak they may be or how they look? Sure, Ho-Oh's cool. It's strong. But is that really how one would or should go about determining a favorite?

One day, Christmas day in fact, I decided to see what Pokémon were swarming on Pearl Version. It was Dunsparce.

Now Dunsparce is another Pokémon I had spent some time with as a kid. Ever since seeing it in Beckett Magazine, I had assumed that it evolved into Gligar (since they're listed next to each other in the Pokédex). When I finally got Silver Version (my first Pokémon game) and encountered one of these rare and bizarre Pokémon of my own, I trained it -- a lot -- trying to evolve it. This obviously never happened, but I didn't stop there. Pretending to be a "Pokémon Professor" of sorts, I recall drawing charts and such noting the similarities between the two Pokémon, like their wings and stinger-tipped tails.

I'd never had any luck with the Poké Radar before, but I suddenly felt the need to have a Shiny Dunsparce in my life. On to Route 208!

And that was my first successful Poké Radar hunt. I didn't even use Repels and managed to get a "Shiny patch" at a low chain of 14! (This wasn't my first Shiny Pokémon ever, but it was the first that I was intentionally looking for.)

I didn't start training "Noko" right away (I wanted to wait until HGSS came out so I could replace my starter with it), but it was right around that point that Dunsparce became my new favorite Pokémon. My fondness of the lil' guy just blossomed more from then on.

Last edited:
My favourite Pokémon has changed a lot since I was 6. My first favourite was Torterra, as she was my first starter. For a while, it was Gallade. Then others like Buneary, Goldeen, Staraptor, Mewtwo, and a few others came in and out over the years. Around the time I joined the forums, it was Grovyle. Then in a few months it became Pichu for sheer adorableness.

Until BW, my favorite had always been Psyduck. Since the game first came out I was in love. Don't know why. Then, Stunfisk stole my heart. His merch is so rare, too. :(

My favorites (I can't just pick one) are definitely all of the Eeveelutions. :oops: Lapras, Absol and also Audino. Mostly going for the cuteness-factor, I guess.

Back