Ruling What's the use of rare candy??

It allows you to evolve the first turn you play a basic pokemon, and it allows you to skip a Stage 1 and evolve right into a Stage 2, which speeds up your deck considerably.

To evolve your basic Pokémon, to stage 1 or stage 2. You can use it in your first turn or whenever.

-_-...

Sometimes it's better to not ask and just do it. Play it to win, that's why. It sets up quickly.

Ummm, without candy, the games would be much slower (I like it slower but what can you do?)

Rare Candy will be much more useful in the next format, since ATM Rock will be gone. The only things that threaten it would be EX: HP Mew-ex, Espeon-ex, EX: LM Cradily, and a few other things.

Rare Candy can be used to evolve a monster immediately after you play it, as long as you have the evolution card in your hand. However, Rare Candy cannot be used to evolve a Stage I monster into a Stage II monster (unless the Stage I is treated like a basic, Strange Cave, for example).

It is used mostly in decks where a Stage II monster has a PokéPower or Body that holds the deck together (δ Metagross' Delta Control, Dark Dragonite's Dark Trance, etc), or a deck that runs multiple Stage II lines.

Also the best way to use rare candy is to use it with elm's/wally's training. get stage one with elm then rare candy basic to stage one or rare candy to stage one then wally's training to stage two that way when a pokemon gets devolved and if the devolve was part of an attack you could evolve it right back on you turn since mew is really the only one that can do damage as part of it's attack. However if espeon did the devolving you probably won't get the pokemon back.

well some stage 2 pokemon dont require rare candy since they need 3 or more energy to attack [well in case you can use boost/DRE/scramble and more] and some stage 2 pokemon are self evolving like butterfree and co. and dustox ex and co.

bah i love rare candy. such an insanely usefull card.
i just got back into the game. . .and this card along with mew (versatile) are the 2 coolest new cards i've seen.
the speed that candy gives decks. . .is crazzy.
can't wait to recieve my candys.
thnx.

RE:  What's the use of rare candy??

DocRobot_K-176 said:
Rare Candy will be much more useful in the next format, since ATM Rock will be gone.  The only things that threaten it would be EX: HP Mew-ex, Espeon-ex, EX: LM Cradily, and a few other things.

Rare Candy can be used to evolve a monster immediately after you play it, as long as you have the evolution card in your hand.  However, Rare Candy cannot be used to evolve a Stage I monster into a Stage II monster (unless the Stage I is treated like a basic, Strange Cave, for example).

It is used mostly in decks where a Stage II monster has a PokéPower or Body that holds the deck together (δ Metagross' Delta Control, Dark Dragonite's Dark Trance, etc), or a deck that runs multiple Stage II lines.
U forgot 1 unlimited card:
Fossil: Aerodactyl!

randomman29 said:
Also the best way to use rare candy is to use it with elm's/wally's training. get stage one with elm then rare candy basic to stage one or rare candy to stage one then wally's training to stage two that way when a pokemon gets devolved and if the devolve was part of an attack you could evolve it right back on you turn since mew is really the only one that can do damage as part of it's attack. However if espeon did the devolving you probably won't get the pokemon back.
Nope. You can only Rare Candy a basic. You can not Rare Candy a Stage 1, regardless of when it was put into play.

So yea, doesn't work.

RE:   What's the use of rare candy??

Metal Master said:
randomman29 said:
Nope. You can only Rare Candy a basic. You can not Rare Candy a Stage 1, regardless of when it was put into play.

So yea, doesn't work.

i know you can only candy a basic but what I’m saying is candy a basic to stage1 then wally's training to stage2 and save the elm in case of a devolution you can get the stage2 right back with the elm. tell me what part you thought i meant to use a candy on a stage1?

Zezima said:
randomman29, you're totaly wrong. Use PETM to get stage 2 then rare candy to it.

i'm not totaly wrong because all it take's to wreck that plan is an espeon ex and somthing that does 50 damage.

RE:   What's the use of rare candy??

randomman29 said:
Zezima said:
randomman29, you're totaly wrong. Use PETM to get stage 2 then rare candy to it.

i'm not totaly wrong because all it take's to wreck that plan is an espeon ex and somthing that does 50 damage.

You're right... because every single deck runs Espeon ex AND a way to get the target Pokemon to the bench... [/sarcasm]

Back