Collecting What's the Rarest Card You've Pulled?

DarkestRai

< Awesome Guy
I don't get good pulls ever...When I do, I just get a EX Rare...So I just buy my cards.

The best Booster Pack I pulled was a Furious Fists Booster Pack. I got a Shaymin EX full art and a Mega Heracross EX.

Well the rarest card I pulled is probably the gold shiny Charizard from Walmart.
It was actually an original print pack, but for some reason was stocked in 2015 when the set was reprinted.

I've had a couple products with multiple ultra rares.
The best promo box was a Pyroar box. It had the gold M Charizard X and a Blastoise Full Art.

My best tin was the Shiny Xerneas tin, it had the red secret rare Mewtwo, a M Altaria Full Art and a Hydreigon Full Art.

No secret rares or anything, but I bought a couple of STS packs and got an M Steelix-EX FA, and then 2 packs later a normal M Steelix-EX.

1.) A couple of days before the release of "EX Unseen Forces" I got a free 2-card sample pack in a Pokemon magazine and pulled a gold star Entei. Normally you'd have to buy around 3 booster boxes of a set to even have a chance at pulling a gold star card.

2.) A 1.st edition gold star Torchic from the Japanese version of "EX Team Rocket Returns". Nowadays finding a sealed pack from this set is probably harder than finding the card itself, funnily enough.

3.) I've never been into collecting the sets that came after the original EX sets (except for the HG/SS sets), but I've occasionally bought a pack or two from a random set just for fun. In this case I bought 3 "Stormfront" packs on sale and managed to pull the SR reprint of base set Charizard. I still have it.

Also, when I was young I was really good at picking packs with good cards in them. I've pulled Arcanine EX from "Legend Maker", Mr. Mime EX from "FireRed & LeafGreen" and Tyranitar EX from "Unseen Forces" out of a single pack.

Pulled a gold star Latios at the Deoxys pre-release, was pretty stoked about that as a kid.
Also pulled a handful of Neo shinings from a box when I was younger. Have a lot of regret in not having the foresight of keeping it sealed, despite being like 7 years old. :p

Recently bought an EX Legend Maker pack off eBay, looked resealed to me so I cracked it, got a gold star Regice. Sent it to PSA and it got a 9, so I was pretty happy with that one too!

I've never had much luck with packs myself, but last year, I got a Roaring Skies ETB and got a FA Shaymin-EX and a SR VS Seeker.

When I was a kid, I casually collected cards. I had a gold star rayquaza and Firered/Leafgreen Charizard ex.

Unfortunately they disappeared. lmao

Won't get mad about it though. My collection has gotten bigger and better(as in no cards that look like they were thrown in a dishwasher). Managed to pull both Shining Magikarp and Shining Gyarados, and pulled 4 straight Charizard/M charizard EX's from flashfire when the set released.

I pulled a SR Groudon out of a Call of Legends booster pack quite a few years ago after saving up for that single booster pack, and have held on to it ever since! The Seismitoad-EX FA that I pulled out of a half-price Blastoise-EX tin a year or so later comes pretty close, though. =D

i pulled a Shaymin EX out of a random roaring skies pack before i knew about its worth/competitive use. thank god i still have it xD

The rarest pulls I've done so far are

Full art NV Victini(at the time it was like 25 bucks, now it's...4)
Full Art Volcanion EX(about 13-17 bucks)
Full Art Flareon EX(7-11 bucks)
Full Art LGT Reshiram(10 bucks)
LGT Mewtwo EX(9 bucks)
Secret Rare Energy Switch(6 bucks)
Full Art Wally(6 bucks).

After my next paycheck I will be spamming a local Center Machine with RSK packs for you know who, so stay tuned for that.

Back