Whats better? Old or new pokemon cards

WHich is better

• Total voters
There's an article somewhere else about the phenomenon of power creep, how with each set [or at least each block] they have to make some cards a little more powerful to convince people to buy the cards. What it seems like has happened lately is that they're making Pokemon much more powerful and Trainer/Supporter/Stadium cards less powerful and/or influential. Certainly, there's less variety of TSS cards then there were at the beginning of the game. I wish they would bring back common Trainers that aren't just Switch/Potion/Energy Search.

Oddly, there have also been overpowered types of cards in each phase of the game. In the original sets, it was the Big Bad Basics (Hitmonchan, Scyther, etc.), in Neo it was the Stage 2 cards (somewhat), and in particular, they started making most Basics other than EX's (even non-evolving Basics) very weak during the EX sets, with horrendous attacks and 40 HP frequently.

Now, it seems they are emphasizing Stage 2 and Lv. X cards.

I have lots of memories in the old cards but I have to admit the art and the design of the new cards is a lot more interesting

I really liked when Wizards of the Coast was in charge. When Ex sets came out, all though I like Ex and Gold Star cards, I really didn't like what Nintendo did with the card game. When DP on came out, I liked it more. It was more like the way Wizards did it. It also had Lv.X, which brought back one of my favorite parts of what Nintendo did in the Ex series. So, basically I prefer DP on.

I say old cards because most of their pokepowers are better and that means they combo better. (my definition of old are all cards not legal... including those becoming illegal in September) I also think that the older trainers are better than the new ones. I can only hope they reprint Professor Elms Training...

I like the old trainers better. They were more devious. THe new trainers other than TGW tend to suck! I really like adding Super Energy Removal to decks but it is illegal.

i personally dont use trainers only about one or two:p:(

but:D im allways winning do you have to have trainers in your deck if so how many???:p

I have about 10-12 per deck. (Not including supporters & stadiums). Night Maintenance, Nightly garbage run, warp point, rare candy, energy removal, plus power, defender, etc. Sometimes i may add up to 18 trainers.

I try to have 20 of each type of card. But I like the look of the new cards. Again I like how it isn't about Big Bad Basics. Needing to level up and constantly waiting for that to happen makes it harder. Then you need to use more strategy and I like that.

This has gotten off topic... Anyway, for sheer power, DP-on. If you don't understand why, then you need to read the cards again :p And while the trainers have become less effective, LA will bring some great trainers. But yeah, older trainers are WAY better. They had to make up for the garbage attacks on the older cards.

P.S. (A friendly hint) Just so you guys know, you need at LEAST 18 trainers(including supporter/stadiums) to make a deck effective. And that's with a supporting pokemon, like Pidgeot FR/LG. Otherwise you'll have a hand full of energy's or useless basics, or even worse, a stage 2 without anything for it to evolve into.

When Legends Awakened is released, it would definitely be the newest cards being the best.
But when you take a look at Pokémon ex and Pokémon LV.X..

Pokémon ex is very very very much easyer to get in play than Pokémon LV.X.
Since Pokémon LV.X counts as the Stage over the Pokémon your supposed to put it on.
And you are not allowed to put Pokémon LV.X on Benched Pokémon.

Pokémon ex is placed on the Stage before it and can be placed on a Benched Pokémon.
Almost forgot to tell that Pokémon LV.X kan use every attack, Powers and Bodyes from the Pokémon you put it on, somewhat makes Pokémon LV.X a little better.

But I do prefer Pokémon ex instead of Pokémon LV.X.

This isn't about ex or lv.X it's about wether old or new cards are better. I like the old cards better because it gives you a strange feeling of comfort.

Back