What'd I Miss?

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
(Sorry if this is the wrong place for a thread like this.)

I've recently gotten back into Pokemon because of X and Y, and I've regained an interest in the TCG as well. I left around right when Dragons Exalted was released (I got like 1 or 2 packs from it), and I'm wondering what the Metagame has become of. The deck I have is exactly this and I'm curious whether or not it'll still be good (and if so, any cards that will make it better exist). Are there better decks to be using? If so, should I trade off my deck for a better one? What decks are other people using? It would be really helpful is someone could just give me a brief summary of the past few sets. :D

So, we're just about to get another set, Plasma Freeze, which is gonna shake up the meta a bit (Prereleases are going on now). Sadly, Zekrom/Eelektrik went out of style with Dragons Exalted and hasn't been good since. Rayquaza EX/Eelektrik is pretty good right now, although it has issues with getting donked. with PF, Tier 1 is something like:

Plasmabox (Deoxys EX, Thunudurus EX, Kyurem PF, Lugia EX, sometimes Snorlax)
Keldeo EX/Blastoise BC/Black Kyurem EX
RayEels
Darkrai/Sableye/Absol/Enhanced Hammer
Cobalion EX/Klinklang Ps/Klinklang BW

You can easily obtain a playset of 4 Rayquaza EX now, or even normal Rayquaza, thanks to the Autumn Tin and Dragon Vault, respectively ^.==.^ .

I'd recommend
104-team-plasma-badge.jpg
. It'll give you a chance to test out older Pokemon cards with Plasma Energy/ Colress machine. Be wary that Plasma Energy provides (C) Energy, though. It's a pretty slick way to get Terrakion EX to fire off Rock Tumble on the first turn, for example.

Back