BW/BW2 What you want in generation 5

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
Okay, the thread's name pretty much says everything. I'm just curious to see what everyone else says. I personally want to see a light type. I would also like to see actual evade and accuracy stats. Some new hidden mechanics would be nice too.

-Light type.
-A long quest.
-A Raichu evolution or given loads better moves.
-Pokewalker compatible (highly unlikely).
-Starters final forms:
Fire/Psychic
Grass/Fighting
Water/Dark

Just a rough idea. Will most likely post later in this thread.

-Light type
-Eeveelutions
-Backwards Compatibility
-Pokewalker Compatibility

Well I want a dunsparce evolution for one. Two I want many more new things to do in the game. Three I want this to be another great game.

-Battle Frontier(Same as Sinnoh and Johto With Same Brains)
-Things To Do After Nat. Dex
-More Legendaries

PLATINUM226 said:
Three I want this to be another great game.

Definitely

A pure Flying type
A light type
The Pokemon cries sound like the Pokemon
A dodge command
New items
New Pokemon (DUH)
Poke Walker Capability

-A First Gym that ISN'T ROCK! (Falkner FTW.)
-More evolutions.
-An easy Elite 4. (Johto's E4 FTW.)
-Some more Eeveelutions (Let's make an Eeveelution for every type!)

- Evolution for Absol (PLEASE!)
- Dragon/Steel Type Pokemon with the ability Levitate. Lol would be unstoppable and beast.
- Long Quest
- New Pokeballs :)D)

Will edit later when I remember what else.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
-An easy Elite 4. (Johto's E4 FTW.)
Because? Were you having problems with any of the E4s, ever? Seriously?
What I'd really like to see is a harder Elite 4, have the game be more of a challenge.

Or more seriously, a complete overhaul, back to basics. A region, with only its own Pokémon (which hopefully look better than Zoarckwhatshisface...), simple, less than 10 legends (and not over-the-top, make them special, mysterious, and not in-your-face gigantic super-monsters like we've seen in the last 2 gens), a logical storyline (preferably as little "gods" and "destroy the entire planet/universe"-plots as possible) and competent team (if we even need one, something new wouldn't hurt here).

What gen 5 needs to be (but probably won't be) is not another Pokémon game just to be a Pokémon game. Either go back to the basics and figure out what went right there (and build from there, we don't need another RBY), or start anew and stop using the checklist which they've been using since RSE. The latest Pokémon games have simply been a parody of the originals, it's time for the franchise to take itself seriously again and start innovating in a positive way.

That's it, really, all I want from the gen5 is to surprise me in a positive way and I'll be happy. It's not like I'm asking for much, right?

There(more than likely) will never be a light type.
Dark type, in it's literal japanese translation, refers more to sneakiness and being mean, like a thief, than it refers to actual, literal darkness.
Fighting type is good against dark. This represents the strong, upstanding and good samurai defeating sneaky and evil thieves and bad people.
In the sense that Dark is Dark type, Fighting is Light type.

Anyway, I want more babies and evo's, namely 'Sparce evo and Aipom, Murkrow, and Skarmory babies.
I want them to focus more on new evo lines, though.

Specifically I want just a Flying Eeveelution so I can make a team full of Eeveelutions. I also want Jesse and James to appear at points in the adventure like they did in Yellow. I don't want however, to have Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, or Galactic to be the team a different team would be nice also.

I'd love to see a few new baby Pokemon, most people don't like 'em but I love those cutie pies.
I'd also love to see more split evolution families. Such as Slowbro/Slowking. I've always found those interesting.
Mostly male/female differences and stuff.

A Baby Pokemon for Kangahskhan (did I spell it right?). A cry that actually sounds like that Pokemon in the Anime. No big pink god dinosaurs (Palkia says hi). A not too over-the-top storyline (similar to Johto's). And, for the love of Arceus, NO MORE BROKEN UBERS!!!!!!

paddy185 said:
A Baby Pokemon for Kangahskhan (did I spell it right?). A cry that actually sounds like that Pokemon in the Anime. No big pink god dinosaurs (Palkia says hi). A not too over-the-top storyline (similar to Johto's). And, for the love of Arceus, NO MORE BROKEN UBERS!

I'd love to have anime-type cries. It'd be almost strange to hear though.

More New Pokemon, atleast more than 150 new ones
Less evos of already existing Pokemon
More badass Pokémon, less "cute" pokemon, beside basic forms
New Attacks
Long Story & Bigger Region comparable to Johto & Kanto
More Side quests
Lead Pokemon Follows you(HGSS)
Be able to go underwater again(HM Dive)
No more Fire/Water/Grass starters, I Want Dark/Psychic/Fighting or Rock/Flying/Fighting starters,
More Fossil Pokemon but not Half Rock..., i love Dinosaurs...
More New Pokeballs HGSS made me crave new Pokeballs again...
KEEP Day & Night & Weekdays & Weather
Wants more Varied Terrain like Hoenn, Really wants Jungle/Rain Forest Area & Desert back
Make Escape Rope a Key Item, i hate caves and Dungeons

^It's called "dig."

benny said:
I'd love to see a few new baby Pokemon, most people don't like 'em but I love those cutie pies.
I'd also love to see more split evolution families. Such as Slowbro/Slowking. I've always found those interesting.
Mostly male/female differences and stuff.

I agree wholeheartedly pokemon has been trying too hard to make superpokemon, but I like the cute ones too. Of course a few awesome pokemon don't hurt (Salamence). And ironpika in that case, I think we need a shadow type too. I mean honestly, dark and light are two of the most common elements in rpgs. If there will ever be a time for them to be introduced, it would be now, with black and white. But anyway that was an interesting note. I never understood why fighting beats dark.

Let me summarize what I said in another thread: (parts in letters, details in roman numbers)
a) Make a new region, along with being able to travel to all 5 regions
i) This would make the pokedex easier and not make it seem out of reach
ii) It would be much more fun, especially with the next idea
b) Start with the villians in control of everything
i) Massive recycling, with new combinations along with a new team, Team Malicious (evilish)
ii) Will be so much different and break the boring cycle
iii) Along with this, swap them around in regions for surprise
c) Let the player decide on several roles
i) Main character: Boring same fuddy-duddy
ii) Side Character: Rival or other gender character that could come in for support, making more double battles
iii) Gym Leader: Take on challenges, look super cool, and come out of the shadows
Ect. on this one
d) Side Islands: Need to be included
i) This includes the Orange Islands, ect.
Well, that's it! Oh, and definitely more baby forms! I would LOVE to see a Baby Kangaskan all on it's own!

I'd also love to be able to trade over my pokemon from Platinum and SoulSilver. I need my Arceus from Platinum!!!!

Back