BW/BW2 What will Zekrom/Reshiram's second type be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

typhlonruxs

Aspiring Trainer
Answer then Explain

Zekrom = Dark/Dragon Reshiram = Light/Dragon.It really makes sense at all unless the Fighting Type is considered as Light type in Japan...

I think Reshiram will have Light as it's second type, or possibly Psychic...?
And Zekrom will be obviously Dark, or a Steel possibility.

yeah, Reshiram screams Light Type from miles away... although they may surprise me and don't introduce the Light type...
Zekrom is obviously Dark...

I want them to be Light and Dark type really badly, but I have to say I don't have a lot of faith in the Light Type happening. :(

I wish the light type will happen, but for some reason I think it won't. I think that Reshiram will either be Psychic/Dragon and Zekrom will be Dark/Dragon.

typhlonruxs said:
unless the Fighting Type is considered as Light type in Japan...

I have no idea what you are talking about. Care to elaborate?

Well, the fighting type is equated to "honor" in japan, whereas darkness is equated to "sneakiness". So, the two play off of each other.

Reshiram will be Dragon/Stoptryingtoguess and Zekrom will be Dragon/Quitthespeculation.

Obviously Zekrom will be Dark/Dragon. He's completely black, and his menacing posture screams dark.

Reshiram is harder to identify though. His wings/arms could mean flying type, his completely white body could mean a new light type, or his regal pose and scary facial expressions could mean psychic type.

I don't see fighting as a possibility. How are you supposed to compare Machamp and Reshiram? Machamp is a fighting type, and he's not that regal, majestic fighting type that the Japanese are reffering to.

Personally, I want to see either a flying/dragon, or a psychic/dragon. A light type would be interesting, but too complicated. A light type would need weaknesses, strengths, and a whole plethora of new game mechanics.

There's my two cents.

gacs said:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Care to elaborate?

I read it somewhere in bulbapedia's forum or in some other forum a long time ago so I really can't elaborate Sorry V

Just a Guess but i think Zekrom's will be of course dark/dragon but if they don't add light types they might make Reshiram's types ice/dragon

greeniax said:
Well, the fighting type is equated to "honor" in japan, whereas darkness is equated to "sneakiness". So, the two play off of each other.

Actually no, a direct translation of Kakutō (Japanese equivalent of our Fighting type) would be "Hand-to-Hand Fighting" or "Scuffling" while Aku (Japanese equivalent of our Dark type) would be "Evil".

There is no "Good" and "Evil" relationship.

Edit: Might want to check serebii et al for the news regarding Zekrom's "Electric Type" by Pokémon Sunday host Nakagawa Shoko.

Darkrai said:
I wish the light type will happen, but for some reason I think it won't. I think that Reshiram will either be Psychic/Dragon and Zekrom will be Dark/Dragon.
I think so too. However, I could see Reshiram as a Dragon/Flying type, because of the huge wings. I wonder if they'll make a Light type...NEW ENERGY FOR THE TCG! ;)

Its almost that time of month again....staying up for new coro coro scans!! Hopefully we get info on the legends as well as some new pokemon :D

Fire/Electric for obvious references now shown on them, although I wouldn't be surprised/disappointed if it turned out to be Normal/Dark.

dmaster out.

I kind of agree with Reshiram being Dragon/Flying : representing the clouds/sky
and I think Zekrom could be Dragon/Electric: representing lighting/storms
Thinking about that Isshu's possible sky theme

I think we can all agree that as long as neither of them are Dragon/Flying, it'll be cool B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back