What will T/S/S lines look like with HGSS

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
So I've been trying to figure out. What will Trainer/supporter lines look like with several hyper-powerful new cards: Pokemon Collector, Pokemon Communicator, and Oak's new theory.

My "standard" T/S/S line for a stage 2 deck prior to HGSS:

Bebee's x4
Roseane's x4
Cynthia's Guidance x2
Cynthia's feelings x2
Luxury ball x1
Rare candy x4
Stadiums x2
Warp point x1
Night Maintenance x1
Premier Ball x1

Total =22

Guess at new stage 2 line with HGSS:

Pokemon Collector x3
Roseanne's x3
Pokemon Communicator x4 (1-ups Bebee's?)
Luxury Ball x1 (worth it anymore?)
Oak's new theory x2
Rare candy x4
Stadiums x2
Warp point x1
Night Maintenance x2

Total =22

So what do you guys think?

novadragon07

Lost in my own mind, please send help...
There is no way you can take out Bebe's. Bebe's allows you to put any card back into your deck, while Pokemon Communicator has to replace a pokemon for a pokemon. I'd say the max Pokemon Communicators a deck should run would be2. However I've been wrong before and most of this is just preference.

Also I'd say 2 roseanne and 2 collectors would be ok otherwise it just seems like over kill. Seriously how many people need to search for 3 basic pokemon late game.

kravenace

Cynthia is <3
I still prefer Roseann's over Collector since you can search for a surprise basic tech and it's corresponding energy.

AmishEskimoNinja

I can see roseanne's has some advantage still, but the combination of collector and communicator is sweet. 2 basics and one of anything else.

@NovaDragon. Sure Communicator needs you to put back an energy, but its a trainer. Which makes it infinitely more useful in my opinion. How often do you get multiple supporters and multiple useless pokemon in your starting hand? Communicator makes the best of such a situation. As for more than 4 collectors or roseanne's being overkill, I've often though I'd run 8 roseanne's If I could. Its great to start with.

Seth1789110

novadragon07 said:
There is no way you can take out Bebe's. Bebe's allows you to put any card back into your deck, while Pokemon Communicator has to replace a pokemon for a pokemon. I'd say the max Pokemon Communicators a deck should run would be2. However I've been wrong before and most of this is just preference.

Also I'd say 2 roseanne and 2 collectors would be ok otherwise it just seems like over kill. Seriously how many people need to search for 3 basic pokemon late game.

This guy pretty much hit this on the hammer.

4 rare candy
2 pokemon collector
3 bebes
2 roseannes
2 collector
1 Cynthias feelings
2 NM
1 premier ball(if X is involved)
1 luxury ball

Something along those lines for basic.

novadragon07

Lost in my own mind, please send help...
yes, and therein lies the problem. Roseannes or Collector are great to start with. But in the later part of the game I find myself putting them to the bottem of the deck or at least using Roseanne to pull out an energy card.

Also at the Pokemon communicator. I don't find mself in that situation to offten. If I have Spiritomb start any pokemon card I have is a card to have because it helps me figure out how best to evolve. I have trapinch on the bench and a baltoy. If I alrady have Claydol in hand well then I search out Vibrava. If I got a DCE on trapinch and I have a Flygon in hand then Picking Vibrava got easier.

WailmerMan

here for the redshark tourny
Prof Oak= lookers with no hand looking or choice, not worth playing at all.
Copycat= solid card but it won't see that much play
Fisherman= Cool in energy control decks
Full heal= will see no play
Moomoo Milk= will see no play i'd rather use life herb :/
Pokegear= Decent card, but won't see much play
Collecter= will see big play in decks that don't need much energy
Communication= at least 2 in every deck
Reversal= will see little play. flips lose games. Might see play in disruption decks. But remember, when this was in modified back in the day it saw almost no play
Elm's Training Method= Decent card, but will see no play

And that's my summary of the sets T/S/S

AmishEskimoNinja

WailmerMan said:
Prof Oak= lookers with no hand looking or choice, not worth playing at all.
Copycat= solid card but it won't see that much play

That makes little sense. Copycat is solid, but Oak isn't? How many cards do you expect to get from copycat? Oak gives you 6 guaranteed.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
As a verse to 4 Roseanne's, 4 Bebe's and 1 Luxury Ball, I'm gonna start using 2 Bebe's, 2 Professor Elm's, 2 Collector, 2 Roseanne's, 1 Luxury Ball and a Pokemon Communication. Sometimes Elm's would be better than Bebe's if you don't want to get rid of anything and you want an evolution anyway. Sometimes Collector is better than Roseanne's if you don't need any energy but need a lot of basics. But, Bebe's can be better than Elm's if you have excess cards and/or want to get a Lv.X or basic. Roseanne's can be better if you need some energy and only one or no basics. Luxury Ball has no reason to go, and Communication's another good trainerto have one of just when you need it. It's similar to Bebe's but in trainer form. The only drawback is you have to put a pokemon back, but hey, you get extras of those alot with cards like Uxie and Azelf. Professor Oak's visit seems like an alternative to Volkner's, but I prefer the latter. I just noticed too that PokeGear 3.0 could be good in supporter-heavy decks.

Lou Cypher

The melody of your defeat
4 Roseanne
3 Bebe
3 Communication
2 Collector
1 Luxury Ball

Did anybody rang for some consistency?

WailmerMan

here for the redshark tourny
Meaty said:
As a verse to 4 Roseanne's, 4 Bebe's and 1 Luxury Ball, I'm gonna start using 2 Bebe's, 2 Professor Elm's, 2 Collector, 2 Roseanne's, 1 Luxury Ball and a Pokemon Communication. Sometimes Elm's would be better than Bebe's if you don't want to get rid of anything and you want an evolution anyway. Sometimes Collector is better than Roseanne's if you don't need any energy but need a lot of basics. But, Bebe's can be better than Elm's if you have excess cards and/or want to get a Lv.X or basic. Roseanne's can be better if you need some energy and only one or no basics. Luxury Ball has no reason to go, and Communication's another good trainerto have one of just when you need it. It's similar to Bebe's but in trainer form. The only drawback is you have to put a pokemon back, but hey, you get extras of those alot with cards like Uxie and Azelf. Professor Oak's visit seems like an alternative to Volkner's, but I prefer the latter. I just noticed too that PokeGear 3.0 could be good in supporter-heavy decks.

why get an evolution when you can get any pokemon?

Meaty

Because you can easily get basics with otehr cards chances are you'll get an evo with bebe's so with Elm's you don't have to put a card back. Of course in some decks though you don't want Elm's/

ESP

Swag.
Advanced Member
Truthfully, I think communication would run 3 in every single deck, except maybe SP, if it weren't for trainer lock being so easy to accomplish. However, it probably will still be a 2 card staple in most decks.

DawnOfXatu

XXXatu
4 googleie (You still are going to need energy)
4 Bebe's
4 Pokemon Communicator
1 Lux Ball

Collector is just trash, it may give you one more card, but as far as I have seen, googleie and Call do the job just fine, and you cannot just give up on Energy Searching Capabilities. Maxing the Bebe's and the Communicator may seem a bit like overkill, but for a S2 deck (especially one with starters) you can always use the extra search power to help get out a Claydol or to just fuel the swarm even more.

Also, Copycat is much better than Oak. It may not make sense as far as the need to get as many cards as consistently as possible goes, but sometimes you may want to shrink your hand in order to have a good Claydol, and during trainer locks, Copycat can sometimes net 8+ cards.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That one looks the best^, but four Communicator like you said is overkill. I'd take out one or two for Collector. I know you might not see the need, but if the deck has a lot of Basics, and you don't get a Call start (which isn't every game), you might need the extra Pokemon.

dmaster out.

Meaty

Some decks have otehr wyas of getting energy and some decks rarely need energy and in those cases Collector works fine.

AmishEskimoNinja

Meaty said:
Some decks have otehr wyas of getting energy and some decks rarely need energy and in those cases Collector works fine.

Yep. Gyarados for instance can now get two karps and a regice. Pretty nasty in my opinion.