What will people run after the rotation?

^you must have an amazing list because...my blastgatr hasnt lost to reshiboar yet. also my cinccino hasnt lost to it either...

@catutie: I greatly apologize if I sounded really cocky about Reshiboar lol :p I didn't mean that it's an invincible deck, just that it had decent matchups across the board and I've tested it a lot... I think that Reshiboar and Blastgatr are pretty even matched, but Pluspower can allow me to OHKO your Blastoise each turn, while most of the time it's not that easy to recover a Blastoise next turn unless you have another one out and the 4 Energy in your hand. And how many games have you tested with Cinncino? I believe that I have only lost 1/2 out of 10 or so games against it, as it can't OHKO me without 3 Pluspowers and I can KO it with none...

~A+G

I think mew prime variants based around jumpluff could be really good this rotation. You could even run a pseudo megapluff deck with mew prime and yanmega.

Bwaaaa

What will be played? Steelix, all the way.

Man, if, five years ago, I told you that Life Herb would become a popular card in some capacity, you'd laugh at me. Look at it now!

What about a Mew / Zoroark deck to counter the other decks? You can put a big pokemon on it but I want to try to combine Mew and Zoroark, send zoroark to the lost zone and then you have a mew that can perform any opponents attack with only a DCE. With Pokemon catcher inthe next set, you can choose wathever attack you want.

^that is {P}{C}{C} on a pokemon that is going to die the next turn....i guess it could work but its iffy. although mewgar is pretty sweet...so maybe

also steelix isnt great now...and neither is life herb....

~Absol+Gallade~ said:
@catutie: I greatly apologize if I sounded really cocky about Reshiboar lol :p I didn't mean that it's an invincible deck, just that it had decent matchups across the board and I've tested it a lot... I think that Reshiboar and Blastgatr are pretty even matched, but Pluspower can allow me to OHKO your Blastoise each turn, while most of the time it's not that easy to recover a Blastoise next turn unless you have another one out and the 4 Energy in your hand. And how many games have you tested with Cinncino? I believe that I have only lost 1/2 out of 10 or so games against it, as it can't OHKO me without 3 Pluspowers and I can KO it with none...

~A+G

Blastoise only needs to recover two Energies after a KO because two go back to your hand after you attack.

-sillykyle!

~Absol+Gallade~ said:

~A+G

as long as cinccino sets up before your emboar (almost 100% of the time...) then it usually wins. and its not hard to have a blastoise ready. just IQ/Pont/anything draw power related and have heavy energya nd you can get a blastoise ready with 4 energy every time one gets KOed

The problem with Blastgatr is that it has to, within a reasonable time frame set up two stage 2s and have four energy ready, relying purely on TSS, Eeek refresh/Mantine search/or what have you. Setting up stage 2s consistently without drawpower is going to be really hard, and that could be Blastgatr's downfall. Great deck when it does set up though. I run it as a secondary deck.

just consider when ever i say blastgatr i mean blastzel...im not used to that name yet. blastzel is much faster. forget about feraligatr...

blastgatr/zel is an extremly powerful deck...it just doesnt have the draw power that things with ninetails or magnezone have.

Blastgatr is, in my theory, terrible. You need so much energy to snipe Emboar/KO magnezone, while they KO you with 2 nrg every time. And Zekrom matchup is bad too.

why...would you snipe the emboar? snipe there ninetails and cut off there drawing oh wait you said magneboar? oh ya...blastzel is auto loss against anything electric...

I guess I don't see a point in playing a deck that if you don't entirely change the strategy, it autolosses to one of the most played decks in the format.

well once it gets going (T4...usually at least for me...) its really powerful and can snipe most things. but all things are OHKO by magnezone anyway >_> so no change there :p

and ZPS is supposed to be up T1 (supposed...:p) so its going to OHKO most things....

hi, im new to this game and i wanna make a pretty cool deck(reshiboar). i like how this one sounds, is there anyway you could send me a link to what this unown return looks like? i keep on checking troll and toad for it and its not on there. and also, could you suggest some other decks other than this one in hopes that i might find something cooler? i was thinking of a gyarados/milotic deck or something else. i really don't know much about this game other than the basics haha so i have no idea what EX or delta species are or any of that stuff. my lil cousin just suggested that he and i could bond over or something. please, somebody reply back to this asap

newbie1793 said:
hi, im new to this game and i wanna make a pretty cool deck(reshiboar). i like how this one sounds, is there anyway you could send me a link to what this unown return looks like? i keep on checking troll and toad for it and its not on there. and also, could you suggest some other decks other than this one in hopes that i might find something cooler? i was thinking of a gyarados/milotic deck or something else. i really don't know much about this game other than the basics haha so i have no idea what EX or delta species are or any of that stuff. my lil cousin just suggested that he and i could bond over or something. please, somebody reply back to this asap

you wont have to worry to much about delta species and all that because the format is heartgold soulsilver onward. thus there are no delta species...unless you are just playing unlimited and then you can use any card you want :D

I am definitely running my samgtr build this rotation because with cleffa it can set up pretty fast and can actually go toe to toe with magnezone variants.

Bwaaaa

Dolnphan is top in China now on a HS set and on.It is also a great counter against magneboar.With zorark,cincino,zeckrom,and magnezone having weakness to it,it will be a tough competetor at worlds.

I have been running a Donphan deck with Tyranitar toolbox splash, works pretty darn well, sets up great early, and when late game hits, Tyranitar is ready to destroy the field.

Back