Discussion What to use with Garbodor in Standard?

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
So, obviously toad and garbodor are a good pair, locking abilities and items, but I'm curious what other things you guys think might work well in standard... Maybe wally with garbodor to get turn one ability lock.? Or maybe a mega mewtwo garbodor, since mewtwo was really popular as well? Or maybe use the damage change mewtwo to tank, with fighting fury belt and swap all the damage on to your opponents active? Lemme know what you think

A while ago at Nationals, Professor K and Professor N of the pokemon evolutionairies came up with a rogue Lucario EX/Garbodor. I've tried it myself and it's fantastic. It's basically trading the item lock seismitoad EX offers for a higher damage output that Lucario offers. Not to mention that the deck is crazy consistent because you are already running the korrina engine, but now you get to draw cards until your have 6 in your hand every turn via corkscrew smash.

Why not Garbodor + NM? With NM you can go through your deck so quickly and you hit so hard, locking abilities with a powerful attacker seems potentially interesting. Of course you have the problem of dces, but if you can somehow get time puzzle to work with garbodor-nm...

The problem with that though is that night March relies too much on shaymin ex to draw cards. Does sound interesting though, if you can figure out how to not rely on shaymin as much.

nm also does exceptionally well with milotic to get DCE back, it's not worth it by comparison to garbodor.

Yveltal, it has the best coverage against lucario and seismetoad due to typing and energy requirements, and even if you run all 3 as hammers build, yveltal still wins due to baby y.

Back