What the Fukuoka?! – Champions League Review

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! As we draw closer to the end of the Paradox Rift format and accompanying Standard format rotation, I’ve decided it’s time to start looking at the next format.
There are still two Regionals in the current format – Goiania and Vancouver, and I am still figuring out what to play for Vancouver. That said, I’ve been testing the post-rotation Standard format quite a bit, and I have already discussed everything I have to share about the current format. For the majority of players who are not attending Goiania or Vancouver, hopefully this article will be helpful when looking ahead to the next format.
Japan’s Champions League tournaments are always massive tournaments that give us pointers for our own metagame. Although they do play best-of-one, it’s worth taking note of any decks that are able to perform well in a field of so many players. Today I’ll be reviewing the recent Fukuoka Champions League tournament, which was the first major event in the post-rotation Standard...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Post rotation my only concern is the mirror match with Future deck archetypes. People seem to be hyped for decks that have a bad match up against it, which is weird.

Post rotation my only concern is the mirror match with Future deck archetypes. People seem to be hyped for decks that have a bad match up against it, which is weird.
nah currently the best future deck is just a pure iron hands ex deck. It's worse than the current miraidon+iron hands ex turbo deck because of no DTE and forest seal stone. The T1 amp you very much is waaaay less consistent. Unless you can T1 amp you very much, iron hands ex is just a worse miraidon ex.

Back