What the crap at no Defender and Legend Box in HSU.

RE: What the crud at no Defender and Legend Box in HSU.

Brawler said:
Being honest I think Pluspower should never be in a Top 5 list- especially over Judge. Plus is severely outclassed by Crobat G- Crobat can be searched, dosen't have to be used on the attack, and can hit the bench and not just the active. And next format, there will still be Luxray and what not so I think Crobat would be in about the same environment as it would be today. Engineer's Adjustments deserves to be up there as it's a great draw power source, especially for the coming format. All we need now is a Scott reprint xD

I think I'll post my list too:

1. Rare Candy
2. Super Scoop Up(Just because I like it a lot...lol)
3. Kingdra Prime
4. Engineer's Adjustments
5. Judge

@ the OP: I like Torterra. Torterra can do 60 for 1 Grass and 1 DCE plus a belt, and heal off 60. That's a good tank. Plus you could add the Lv.X for it's power and 20 more HP.

I agree. That is the wrong top 5 list. But so is yours.

My idea of top 5;

1. Rare Candy
2. Tyrannitar Prime
3. Engineers Ajustment
4. Blastoise
5. Judge

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Xatu yet. I think it can replace anything else as an anti Mewtwo/Gardy tech in LuxChomp. OHKO the first Gardy or Gallade for 1 energy early can easily be the difference between winning and losing a game. It also puts a Mewtwo in a weird position where they don't want energy on the Mewtwo to avoid the OHKO but that means they probably aren't attacking and if Mewtwo goes low or no energy the LuxChomp player can just DCE/2 Crobat drops or EBelt for the OHKO.

My Top 5 is a little weird:
1. Judge (Really like the Let Loose in Supporter form. Also brings back memories of Desert Shaman.)
2. Kindra Prime (1 damage for each Kingdra out every turn is amazing.)
3. Rare Candy (Just a great card.)
4. Xatu (I've already gone through this card.)
5. SSU (I just really like this card. Being able powers multiple times or picking up an almost koed pokemon is awsome.)

I know, I thought this set was gonna be so good, but they ruined it.

at least they kept in candy.

but I wanted the rotom!

Honestly, why would it be good for HSU to have awesome game-changing cards? I don't want the metagame to be more diverse at Nats.

The most disappointing thing for me is not that we didn't get many good cards, but that we only got 2 cards drawn by Kagemaru. I WANT MORE KAGEMARU!!!!

novadragon07 said:
Seriously... this set is great. You all really need to quit whining. Instead of complaining about this and that which is not in the set and saying it instantly sucks why not look at what is in it and make an assesment then for example:

Metagross: nice body and two power attacks that have potential. Dialga G LV.X.
Blastoies: this card was super hyped when the frigin thing was first announced, and now no one cares? Luxray GL LV.X.
Roserade: has a super frustrating body and with a little energy accel can be made into a power house.Not good enough. Low HP + Power Spray = Getting PWNed by SP decks.
Steelix: guard press + 4 sp metal = tank A nice Rogue deck, possibly, but how do you plan on getting four Special Metals in the first three turns before being sweeped?
Kakuna: is an improvment over the RR one by taking away the coin flip. Agreed.
all of the T/S/S: all of them may not be super powerful right now, but after the rotation most of them will be staples. Plus Rare candy is reprinted so that makes everyone happy. Agreed.
Crobat Prime: Another super hyped card at the time of announcment. Unown G. It'll be good after the rotation.
Kingdra prime: Has a lot of potential despite luxray in the format Luxray still runs through him, even though Kingdra's more of a bench-sitter.
Lanturn Prime: Has a power house attack and 2 types sign me up.I like this card too. Gyarados outspeeds him nonetheless.
Tyranitar prime: a T1 20 damage spread is awesome no matter how you slice it. combined with the SF tyranitar can be another powerful deck.Yeah. This card has potential. Gyarados meets a greater threat, and you'll need two turns to take him out. Watch out for Donphan though...
Ursaring prime: Yet another super hyped card at the time of its announcement and you know what I still think it can be awesome. Dialga G LV.X. However, you could run this guy with a 2-2 Claydol, Unown P to give it a damage counter, and then double DCE in two turns to rock it out with 120 base. However, it's game over if you lose that Ursaring. Recovery's gonna be difficult.
All the legends: a Vast improvement on the disappointing ho-oh lugia legned cards that have the potential to score multiple surprise kos and kill many pokes at once. And their artwork is amazing.

I think this set is spectacular, yes things were cut, yes it is disappointing. But this set has a lot of potential decks in it, if not this format then next format.

My comments are bolded. I rate this set a 4/10.

As far as you refutting most of the cards with dialga g is concerned who still plays that card. I have not seen one since Cities. And as far as luxray beating kingdra I think you need to look at the facts again.

Kingdra can get out a kingdra out turn 1 which is immediatly causing trouble.
They cant use trash bolt forever eventually they are gonna run out of cards.
Crobat g only gets them so far.
Plus if I have out an army of kingdra's turn 4 what is luxray going to do against all of the spray splashing and dragon steaming. and what if one of them is an LA kingdra.
I'm not gonna lie and say that the match is in kingdra's favor that would be naive of me. But seriously kingdra is at least going to put one heck of a fight as far as the match goes simply because it recovers a lot quicker. Anc besides luxray never stoped gyrados from being played and winning.

This set isn't as bad as it seems. I mean, Rare Candy is like half the set itself, I'm probably getting a box just so I can get a couple of them. Kingdra Prime's awesome, despite LuxGL. If you're so worried it'll get Trash Bolted, run Exploud SV or something. Kingdra Prime is like a Crobat G every turn!

My Top 5 List:
1. Rare Candy
2. Kingdra Prime
3. Tyranitar Prime
4. Judge
5. SSU

ya seriously kingdra if played correctly can be faster than luxchomp, because i can one shot all their basics, and with spray splash, expert belt and crobat drops i one shot anything in the deck, and if they tech in a fire type, i have my la kingdra just for them, although the match is still hard for me.

unleashed is "NOT" RL, not revived legend's, why? cause there's no cards from rl in unleashed. unleashed is just the junk from the battle starter's, meatgross vs leafeon and the rest of hgss, so i'm patently waiting for revived legends info after this disappointing set has been publicly released. cya

P.S. fine some prime's and the legends made it to unleashed from rl but my thoughts are that RL and LL will be released together to make lol.

I think that Pokemon is building up for a grand explosion of awesomeness. Moving all the good cards to the next set builds anticipation, and moves in better cards slowly. If we got all the good cards at once, we'd probably explode. Yeah. We would.

Not going to happen, but I would very much like to have a 150 card set.
>_>

EDIT: Actually, it might be possible because Supreme Victors had 147 cards.

SplitHeavens said:
Not going to happen, but I would very much like to have a 150 card set.
>_>

EDIT: Actually, it might be possible because Supreme Victors had 147 cards.

Be careful what you wish for. Supreme Victors had 144 cards of trash! :O

not true my friend, SV has the sp variant staple, garchomp C lv.X, my disco dancing croagunk, metagross.., ok whatever it was a junky set, no different then unleashed. cya

^It had 144 cards of trash. That leaves 3 good cards. What are they?

1-1 Garchomp and Relicanth.

Back