Discussion What Team Do You Want to Use in the Storyline?

dwarfstar

bread and roses and spiders
My flagship Pokemon will be a new spider mon if we get one, Galvantula if we don't, and Ariados if we don't get a new spider or the option to catch Joltik/Galvantula. Outside of my own "must use a spider if possible" rule, I think I'm gonna restrict myself to new Pokemon this time around. The rest of the team is subject to change depending on what else gets revealed, but the shortlist at the moment is as follows:
-Litten line (I was originally gonna go with Rowlet, but Litten is just about as cute as Rowlet, and it's also totally sabo-cat, so I gotta take it)
-Exeggutor (it's a new form, so it counts, and I love this thing dearly)
-Vikavolt (the whole Grubbin line is basically perfect)
-Salandit / possible evolution
-Mimikyu

I might have to rotate reserves in and out so I get the chance to use some of those other new mons, though. Crabrawler, Wimpod, Cutiefly / its evolution, Bruxish, Lurantis, Palossand, Pyukumuku, and Turtonator all seem like they'd be a lot of fun.

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
I'm on no starter team, heck i'm gonna dump my starter ASAP as my teams gonna be

Lurantis (my new favorite pokemon. im sorry gardevoir and banette)
Wishiwashi
Rockruff
Salandrit
Alola Raticate
Mimikyu

I might also go mono grass

TheRealBro..

Hm, I really like that Minior design.. Although they don't actually look like Pokemon, there's something about them.. I also like Popplio the most out of the starters but it would have to evolve in an awesome Water beast, not something like Samurott.. Sigh.

Lurantis is interesting, and the mushroom too.. Out of all the designs I probably like the Jellyfish Ultra Beast the most so far, but that will probably not be a Pokemon which is a bummer. Wishiwashi school form is also an option for me, considering I like deep sea creatures..

But yeah, everything stands or falls depending on what the stats turn out to be.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This took a ton of thinking. I like a lot of the Pokemon from this upcoming generation, which makes me happy I've just preordered the Sun and Moon steel books! :)

Anyways, here's the so far finalized team:

-Popplio. I adore its final form. It's so freakin' pretty! Besides Sceptile, it's my favorite starter ever!

-Vikavolt. If you ask me, this Pokemon is severely underrated. Even though it has no hate because it's just the regional bug, it's like the Talonflame of bugs in my opinion. It's so incredibly unique to me. I love it's design, and it's types are great.

-Alolan Ninetales. Duh. Alolan Ninetales is my new favorite Pokemon, knocking down Glaceon who held the spot strong since 2010 to #2. Not to mention it's a dragon slayer, and I love those. Two of my favorite types, one of my favorite older Pokemon, and a beautiful design all come together in such a perfect way, and form the beauty known as Alolan Ninetales.

-Mudsdale. I don't know what it is I like about it, but I just do, and I don't know why. Mudsdale is one of my favorite Pokemon from is new generation, and is easily in my Top 50 Pokemon. I adore it's design, and it's sense of reality as well. Also, it's about time we got another horse Pokemon!

-Tortunator. I hated this thing at first, but I've grown to adore it. I don't know what it is, but it's grown on me since I've first seen it. I think it's a meshed idea that I like the idea of this likely being defensive, since I love defensive Pokemon. Again, not sure why, but this Pokemon has crept it's way into this list.

-Lurantis. Yes, I still think this looks like a fakemon, and that's never gonna change. That being said, I love the design, and I love how many memes there are about it and Lilligant have a rivalry about being the prettiest Grass Pokemon there is. But that's just an extra. It's new move, Solar Blade looks great, and hopefully Lurantis is a physical Pokemon, so that move will do more damage.

Not all of the Pokemon have been revealed yet, so this list is subject to change, but for now, this is the team for Pokemon Sun! Now I just need to make one for Moon...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Did I miss something? Have the final forms been revealed, or are you just speculating? Can't seem to find anything..

She's referring to the leaked concept art of the starter evolutions.

scs8bsq9gwhnrn1xswsh.jpg

It's not confirmed yet, but likely real because it contains concept art of Mallow before she was revealed. Probably a bit presumptuous to mention it yet, though.

TheRealBro..

She's referring to the leaked concept art of the starter evolutions.

Thank's for the information! Wow.. Can't say I would be too happy about these final evolutions, and especially the fire starter.. If it becomes yet another Emboar looking fire/fighting Pokemon, I really would be baffled.

Rowlet evolves into Robin Hood.. Well, don't know. kind of cool looking, but I would go with Popplio in this scenario.

Pikachu19

Aspiring Trainer
So with the new reveal I think my team is definitely starting to form itself !

1. Litten/Popplio. I'm leaning towards popplio because of Littens sucky final evolution.
2.Tsreena - bounsweet wasn't even on my radar til this morning, but this grass type is EVERYTHING for me. So excited to catch one!
3.Al-ninetales- although it'll probably be over used, I've always wanted a nine tales like this so it has to be apart of my team.
4. Al- raichu - surfboard. Lol enough said
5.Al- Muk - I've never had a desire to train a Muk until now. I find its new colorization mesmorizing.
6. Fire/ water type depending on the starter I choose.

I hope they release another new fire type soon. Aside from Litten I'm not really impressed with the ones they've shown so far.
Lol if Alolan Arcanine exists, then I'll use it as the water type. If it doesn't I'll use the normal one.

Honorable mentions:
Cutie fly evolution
Lurantis

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
Arcanine is guaranteed to not get an Alolan form if I recall correctly. And honestly I don't see how it ever would. Anyway, my team's shaping up.

Definites:
Rowlet (Nicknamed: Sir _____)
Kommo-o (Nicknamed: Dio Brando)
Mimikyu (Nicknamed: N/A)

Possibles:
Bewear, Wishiwashi, Pyukumuk, Salandit, Vikavolt, Palossand, Silvally (Nicknamed: Providence), and Oranguru.

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
Here is what I'm thinking so far, but hopefully there are more awesome pokémon that haven't been reveled yet :) For some reason I always want to have a water, grass and fire pokémon on my team.. I also want some diversity when it comes to species, and usually like max 1 bird, but mammals can be multiple because they are more diverse. Guess I don't like pokémon that are based on objects or plants so much either.

Sun:
Litten
Pikipek
Lurantis
Lycanroc
Wishiwashi
Kommo-o

Moon:
Rowlet
Salandit
Poplio (I don't like using two starters, but 1) water type is a must in my team 2) I don't like using past gen pokémon in my first 1-2 playthrought 3) For being a gen with a lot of water(?) they sure haven't introduced many nice water type pokémon :()
Lycanroc
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Meowth

ZetsuMaxwell

W,F,W,G,W,G,G
Based on only the officially revealed Pokemon, (e.g. the ones on the official site) I will be building this team in theory:
Decidueye
Lycanroc (Sun)
Passimian
Kommo-o
Lurantis (Maybe)
Alolan Raichu

Spare slot:
Silvally ?

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my Team for Pokémon Sun, I love that so many Pokémon this generation have "unique" features whether it's a signature move or ability etc. Whenever I use a Pokémon that has a signature move I ensure that that Pokémon has that move always.

1. Alolan Rattata w/Everstone - because the Youngster Joey challenge has made me love Rattata and I love how Alolan Rattata appears to spend time on just its hind legs which I think is kinda cool.
2. Decidueye - I'm getting bight Sun and Moon so I'm going to trade starters over to use all 3 in one game simply to test them all out and see how they go.
3. Primarina
4. Incineroar
5. Lycanroc (Sun) - I love the sun design for Lycanroc, really don't like the Moon design, and as soon as I saw its reveal I knew it was a must use.
6. Kommo-o - I enjoy using the Pseudo in my play throughs, I hope he takes a really long time to evolve though and is available early as I love to train them up from the start of the game and see how far they get before the elite 4. (In my recent A. Sapphire run my Deino was only a Zweilous for the Elite 4 and didn't evolve until the Delta Episode).

Moon Team (no Alola Starters)
1. Komala - he's very cool looking, if an evolution gets revealed I may evolve him but I do like him as a Basic if there's no evolution.
2. Battle Bond Greninja - greninja is in my top 5 Pokémon list but I won't use him straight up due to the level he will be imported at.
3. Vikavolt - has an epic design and typing and am keen to use him on my team.
4. Silvally - Type: Null was weird but this evolution is on point.
5. Salandit Evo - The Evo looks awesome and his(her?) typing is equally has a cool.
6. Alolan Sandslash - apart from Rattata this is probably my second favourite design of the Alolan Forms.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Right now my team is still rather fluid in terms of finality.

Litten/Popplio (I'm worried about that rather ugly bipedal cat being real. Don't like any Water-type Pokemon that have been released; so Popplio could seamlessly slip in and be the Water-type)
Vikavolt
Lurantis
Pikipek final evolution

Other possible Pokemon: Oricorio, Comfey, Cutiefly, Alolan Ninetales

My team changed up some.

1) Primarina: Defacto Water-type and starter; I like it the best out of the final evolutions of the Starters.
2) Tsareena: Taking Lurantis's spot; I like Queenly Majesty as an Ability. Hopefully, it's stats won't be too drastically different from Lurantis.
3) Ribombee: I like it's design. Small and cute; and it's scarf is too chic for words. Takes the place of Vikavolt.
4) Oricorio: Oricorio takes the place of Pikipek. Not a huge fan of its final evolution; and the different forms Oricorio helps it out. Not sure if I'll use Pa'u or Sensu. Maybe even Pom-Pom.
5) Oranguru: Nicknamed Prof. Bobo (MST3K reference). Will help with type coverage for Primarina and Ribombee against Poison-types.
6) Alolan Marowak: I love it's design. It looks so cool as a fire dancer. Just hope it gets really good moves to take advantage of its typing and (hopefully) buffed stats.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Like @Turquoise, Rowlet and Grubbin are definitely going on my team! Wishiwashi, Minior and Turtonator are Pokémon I'd like to use as well, since I think they look really cool! If I end up getting both versions, I might start out with Litten in the other game and use Wimpod and Sandygast in that game!
So after seeing all the leaks, and the official artworks of the finals, I think I'm starting to settle on a final team, for Pokémon Sun, since I ain't getting moon :p

1. Decidueye - The Rowlet line has throughout the entire pre-SOON time, been my favourite of the three starter lines. Plus it'll give me good coverage, with both Grass-, Flying- and Ghost-type moves to use!
2. Vikavolt - Another one of the lines that I really like, and seeing as Charjabug evolves at level 40 (according to one of the latest Japanese trailers), it seems that Vikavolt might be rather good!
3. Crabrawler - After seeing the datamine leaks, won't go into details because I don't want to spoil people who don't want to get spoiled, I've decided that I actually really want to use Crabrawler! Hopefully it's not too slow, because I prefer my Pokémon to be faster and more attack based, than defensive.
4. Alolan Persian - It's so ugly it's cute! Also if it has pretty high attack and/or speed, it will be good with Fur Coat!
5. Wishiwashi - The school form looks so cool, and I just really want to use one :p

Considering:

1. Alolan Ninetales - It's one of my favourite designs of the "new" Pokémon, but depending on when it's available in-game, I might not use it since I could have caught all my team members at that point :/
2. Silvally - Also a very cool design, and I can make it the type I'm missing from my team, by switching up the Memory attached to it.
3. Mimikyu - It's just super cute, and after seeing that Mimikyu song, I felt like I had to use one. Those feelings have calmed down a little though :p

98Greener

tree noises
I DON'T KNOW

There's sooooo many good designs this generation, and I still can't believe we're limited to 6. I mean, we can switch out periodically, but it's not just the same.

That being said, there's a plethora of Pokemon I'm considering.

For Sure:
Incineroar: Unpopular opinion. I don't really care that is has the vibes of a fighting type, even though it's part Dark. I love the expressions it makes in battle, and how ridiculous its signature move is. I especially love the little tidbit of it having a cold attitude towards its younger fans, yet having immense joy on the inside.

Wishiwashi: I am a sucker for little underlings with huge potential. I'm really looking more at the singular form of Wishiwashi instead of its humongous school form. It's just so darn adorable that I want to protect it.

Drampa: I'm getting Sun version, so I'm gonna have to trade it with somebody who has Moon version. Maybe, as it's semi confirmed on the spanish box arts. Anyway, he's a cool little dragon type, and it reminds me of my job, where I work with the delightful elderly.

Possibly:

Bewear: Bewear is a hulking teddy bear of awesome, and I do love how its innocent appearance hides something very sinister. Buuuutt there is a rivaling contestant...

Alolan Raticate: It's normal AND dark type, which overlap with both Incineroar and Bewear. It seriously bothers me to have a Pokemon with an overlapping type, and with Bewear and Inicineroar on my team, I'm not sure if I want him. But he's so cute! And vicious!

Lycanroc: Lycanroc is the rock wolf we all wanted! What, we wanted an ice wolf? Well, this kinda works. But...

Minior: Lycanroc also competes with Minior, who comes in seven different colors and is a Rock/Flying type.

Stenee/Tsareena: I do want a grass type, and these two are wonderful. I might stay with Stenee if I like it enough, or Tsareena if that's better.

Morelull: Morelull compete with Steenee and Tsareena because it is also a grass type, and is part fairy.

There's so many Pokemon this time around. It's just like X and Y, where I couldn't choose just 6! :-; November 20th can't come soon enough!

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I'm still wondering...

Before the datamine leaks, I was going with a Grass-only Alola Pokémon, but that's just not possible, so I'll either go with a Grass-only team by adding some older Pokémon (Lilligant, Vileplume and Ferrothorn) or with a mix of Grass and Poison with Alolan and older (Victreebel, Scolipede, Drapion, Skuntank, Arbok, Crobat).

If I decide to go with just Alolan Pokémon, the I'll use Decidueye, Primarina, Midnight Lycanroc, Wimpod's and Salandit's evos and then switch between Tsareena and Alolan Exeggutor.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This took a ton of thinking. I like a lot of the Pokemon from this upcoming generation, which makes me happy I've just preordered the Sun and Moon steel books! :)

Anyways, here's the so far finalized team:

-Popplio. I adore its final form. It's so freakin' pretty! Besides Sceptile, it's my favorite starter ever!

-Vikavolt. If you ask me, this Pokemon is severely underrated. Even though it has no hate because it's just the regional bug, it's like the Talonflame of bugs in my opinion. It's so incredibly unique to me. I love it's design, and it's types are great.

-Alolan Ninetales. Duh. Alolan Ninetales is my new favorite Pokemon, knocking down Glaceon who held the spot strong since 2010 to #2. Not to mention it's a dragon slayer, and I love those. Two of my favorite types, one of my favorite older Pokemon, and a beautiful design all come together in such a perfect way, and form the beauty known as Alolan Ninetales.

-Mudsdale. I don't know what it is I like about it, but I just do, and I don't know why. Mudsdale is one of my favorite Pokemon from is new generation, and is easily in my Top 50 Pokemon. I adore it's design, and it's sense of reality as well. Also, it's about time we got another horse Pokemon!

-Tortunator. I hated this thing at first, but I've grown to adore it. I don't know what it is, but it's grown on me since I've first seen it. I think it's a meshed idea that I like the idea of this likely being defensive, since I love defensive Pokemon. Again, not sure why, but this Pokemon has crept it's way into this list.

-Lurantis. Yes, I still think this looks like a fakemon, and that's never gonna change. That being said, I love the design, and I love how many memes there are about it and Lilligant have a rivalry about being the prettiest Grass Pokemon there is. But that's just an extra. It's new move, Solar Blade looks great, and hopefully Lurantis is a physical Pokemon, so that move will do more damage.

Not all of the Pokemon have been revealed yet, so this list is subject to change, but for now, this is the team for Pokemon Sun! Now I just need to make one for Moon...
You can believe it. This has changed after the datamine leaks.
________________________________________________________________________________

-Primarina. Of course! My beauty is definitely going on the team, and will of course stay there! She's so pretty, and her typing serves well in both competitive and the story, just not that move. For me to use that move, it better function like Wake Up Slap, otherwise, I won't be using it, just like I didn't use Mystical Fire for Delphox.

-Decidueye. Well, I'm getting both versions, so I'll just trade one over to my main version, and he'll join the team! Grass/Ghost is a combo I'd never have expected, and it's the reason why I now can't decide between Primarina and Decidueye, they're both so amazing!

-Alolan Ninetales. This will be going on every single play through I ever do for the rest of time, until the point where Gamefreak pisses us all off, and doesn't allow Alolan Pokémon anywhere but Alola, of course. The majestic fox will for sure be on the team!

-Kommo-o. I didn't like it at first, but I'll say it's grown on me a lot.

-Mudsdale. I still like it. I still don't know why

-Vikavolt. Still love this thing, and that won't change. Vikavolt is a great Pokémon in my honest opinion, and will for sure be on the team.
________________________________________________________________________________

Still working on my Moon team at this point. Of course, Incineroar will be there, but I'm not sure what else.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
TBH, I'm going to have maybe one or two new Pokèmon on my Sun team.

Right now, it looks like it'll be:

Primarina: Been Team Popplio since Day 1, still am.
Lycanroc: I love wolves!
Snorlax: Because I love mooching off of special events for my team, so long as they aren't legendaries.
Greninja: See above. Also one of my favorites, can't wait to use Battle Bond!
Lucario: My favorite of all time, absolutely can't pass him up.
Talonflame: Passed him up in X, still regret it. And I like that line WAY more than Pikipek's.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
So, going solely off of what has been officially confirmed, my team will look something like this:
  • Decidueye (named Robin Hoot)
  • Vikavolt
  • Mudsdale
  • Lycanroc (Midnight Form)
  • Kommo-o
  • Alolan Ninetales
These are all very aesthetically pleasing to me, and there's a good variety of types. I've got Grass, Ghost, Bug, Electric, Ground, Rock, Dragon, Fighting, and Fairy.

Now, including the data mined things, I would replace A-Ninetales with Wimpod's evolution, because I'm a sucker for bipedal bugs. That would add Water, losing Ice and Fairy, and double up on Bug.

Also, I'm gonna catch a Mimikyu and treat it very well, because holy crap it's so cute.