Help What Should I Play for USA Internationals?

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
Yo! This is my first post and I wanted to know what should I be playing for the upcoming International Tournament in USA. I'm open to any decks no matter the cost. Thanks! UWU

If you're talking Internationals (6/21-6/23) in Columbus, you probably should wait for the next regional or two in order to see what's good... in particular for example if Reshizard dethrones Pikazek and Zapdos, or if Baby Blacephalon comes out, or even something different. If I had to guess now, I'd play one of those first three - but there's a _lot_ of time between now and then. Play all three with proxies or whatever you do for testing, and see what's what.

If you're looking to decide now and want the safest pick... it just depends on what you're comfortable with. Aggressive play? PikaZek or Reshizard both fit that. Consistent play? Zapdos.

If you're talking Internationals (6/21-6/23) in Columbus, you probably should wait for the next regional or two in order to see what's good... in particular for example if Reshizard dethrones Pikazek and Zapdos, or if Baby Blacephalon comes out, or even something different. If I had to guess now, I'd play one of those first three - but there's a _lot_ of time between now and then. Play all three with proxies or whatever you do for testing, and see what's what.

If you're looking to decide now and want the safest pick... it just depends on what you're comfortable with. Aggressive play? PikaZek or Reshizard both fit that. Consistent play? Zapdos.

thanks
UWU

Reshizard seems good. Anything that beats Reshizard and Pikarom should do fine.
UWU
Why are you UWUing anyway?

Want a deck that beats reshizard and pikarom easily? Play donphan. Want a deck that destroys zard and takes a ton of 60/40 or 50/50 mtachups? play quagnag

Still a lot of time with a couple major tournaments to shift the meta. I think reshizard and Pikarom are pretty much guaranteed to be good, but that opens the door for counter decks ... Zapdos is very consistent, I’m really enjoying baby blow a with salazzle personally

I'm trying to ask myself the same question, and my current process is either wanting to play a top tier deck like Reshizard or Gardevoir / Sylveon, or maybe I'll have a rogue idea to come up with at the event. Either way, I'l just want to know what I'm doing with the deck and prepare for all possible match-ups in advance. I consider the following:

-Reshizard
-Gardevoir / Sylveon
-QuagNadel
-Blacephalon (the baby one from Unbroken Bonds)
-Zapdos / Jirachi / *insert Pokemon here*
-PikaRom
-Blissey
-Probably 7 more I missed.

I want to be prepared for all these match-ups one way or another, and whatever deck you choose to play for Intercontinentals I'll at least tell you having a good match-up spread helps a lot. For example, having a much easier out to Reshizard with LOT Slowking OHKOing Reshizards, or Fairy Charm Lightning for Gardevoir decks to take care of PikaRom mainly. I've learned though to not make your deck inconsistent by throwing in techs that make things a little clunky (for as much as I'd love to play SUM Araquanid to completley wall baby Blacephalon, the only other logical explanation I could say for running it is that it knocks out Jirachis. Actually, even then they're probably just going to run DGM Turtonator to get through that sooo....).

Zapdos is still the safest pick but I'd probably go with ReshiZard, served me well this past weekend. Felt like it could handle most matches alright, even the bad ones.

If stall flops the next few regionals, I'd suggest playing some sort of Lucario & Melmetal/Vileplume deck. Stall is the strongest deck in the format as long as people aren't teching for it.

Let me ask you this: what is your goal?

To win?

To day 2?

To have fun?

Avenging grandma?

Something else?

So far I'm sticking with ZoroKing (top consistency) and Quagnadel (much fun but that unfortunately also comes with more bricked games)

Pretty sure Madison regionals is today. Nothing wrong with looking at what does well there and basing a decision off of that.

Back