Discussion What Rogues are People Playing?

socery

I love being bad
I really love playing rouges. I took eeveelutions to a regional. But right now, the only rouge i've been trying is Bunnelby/ Houndoom (but mostly houndoom). Do you guys have decks you are willing to share?

I feel like Primal Kyogre has quite a bit of untapped potential, possibly the Archie's variant, I'm just not entirely sure how to work it. The moving energy effect seems like it has something that can be combo'd with it, but it's hard to think what. Articuno AT for big prize KOs? Another Kyogre and Scoop Up the active one?

Hawlucha-EX may have potential as a fun deck with the new Burst Balloon too.

I feel like Primal Kyogre has quite a bit of untapped potential, possibly the Archie's variant, I'm just not entirely sure how to work it. The moving energy effect seems like it has something that can be combo'd with it, but it's hard to think what. Articuno AT for big prize KOs? Another Kyogre and Scoop Up the active one?

Lol Archies Primal Kyogre sounds so awesome.

I actually created this amazing rogue deck and tried it out just today for 15 or so matches. It involved using Snorlax Breakthrough to stall opponents for me to develop Haxorus, with Hammers, Jamming Nets, and Assault Vests so I could set up a Dragon Dance to deal loads of Damage. I also put Bunnelby to mill opponents near the endgame, and half of my matches I've won were just by decking opponents out. I posted the deck in the garage, too, if you want to try it!

The obvious candidates are Articuno and Regice. Lopbunny is a good tech as well- you can send the energy to Lopbunny then pick it up and re-attach.

I love Primal Kyogre, I will have to have another go at updating my list soon.

My favorite rogue deck is Malamar-EX/Togekiss/Victini so that I can use Serene Grace to put energy on Malamar to put my opponent to sleep while dishing out massive amounts of damage.

My rogue is wailord umbreon. I attach a plasma badge to wailord ex and umbreon gives it more HP than the normal 250. Fighting spirit belt is like having 2 umbreons on the bench which is why i don't run that.The main attacker is Ninjask. 60 for 1 grass and 1 colorless and switch into wailord.

Edit: New attacker of Gengar-EX

Last edited:
Currently, Eeveelutions-Zoroark is one my immediate list to build and test. Although Mega Manectric EX and Manectric EX decks might be considered mainstream, there are a few interesting variants that may be considered rogue, such as Manectric-Sceptile (1 of my favorites) or Manectric-Pyroar.

I tried mane/pyroar but it was just to inconsistent. It didn't help enough. I would recommend Mane/ Articuno over it.

I have played that deck with Reshiram (ROS) to power up Pyroar and Giratina faster. My Energy line-up was 3x DDE 4x DCE 5x Fire. Also Playing blacksmith was huge for the deck.

I ran a gliscor phf deck at Canadian nationals, and I went 2-3-1. It was an underwhelming day, but it was fun

The obvious candidates are Articuno and Regice. Lopbunny is a good tech as well- you can send the energy to Lopbunny then pick it up and re-attach.

I love Primal Kyogre, I will have to have another go at updating my list soon.

Do you have a list with the lopunny you would be willing to share? I have been playing around with one and can't seem to get it quite right.

@GengarGuys This is the list I've tested a bunch. It's actually been winning more than I expected. I'm taking this seriously as a play for cities.

4 Houndoom-EX (BKT 21)
2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
6 Fire Energy (XY 133)
1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)
4 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
2 Trick Shovel (FLF 98)
3 Super Scoop Up (FUF 100)
3 Professor Birch's Observations (PCL 159)
1 Professor's Letter (BKT 146)
1 Shauna (PHF 104)
3 Head Ringer (PHF 97)
3 Judge (BKT 143)
4 Ultra Ball (ROS 93)
2 Enhanced Hammer (PCL 162)
3 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
3 Team Aqua's Secret Base (DCR 28)
4 Crushing Hammer (KSS 34)
3 Hard Charm (XY 119)
2 Lysandre (FLF 104)
2 Xerosic (PHF 119)
4 Trainers' Mail (AOR 100)

Thanks, if I have some success with it I might just have to play it for States! Mayhaps you could play 1-2 Bunnelby just to make it a 7 prize game.

Back