Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

Absol is a beloved Pokémon that has just been a tech in other decks, such as the one from Roaring Skies. I fear that if Absol GX were to be released, it would just become a spicy tech for Darkrai decks... this is not what I want, I want an Absol GX that's good enough to be a deck of its own.
Totally agree, my son loves Absol, but never had a top card or deck theme. He would be happy if I bought. We would have a nice deck.

ALSO, with the VC re-release of gen 2, and a whole generation about to learn to fear this pokemon, miltank GX for SM4 is a must

My list
1. Rayquazza GX
2. Garydos GX
3. Blastouise GX
4. Venasaur GX
5. Arcanine GX
6. Absol GX
7. Alolan Marowak GX
8. Alakazam GX
9. Diancie GX
10. Tyrantrum GX
11. Zygarde GX
12. Flareon, Leafeon, Jolteon, Glaceon, Vaporeon GX
13. Garchomp GX
14. Magnezone GX
15. Exeggutor GX
And of course, Arceus GX

I really like
Absol Gx
Raichu gx
Infernape Gx

My nephews want
Absol Gx -- Cute and cool
Lucario Gx -- Cool and badass
Luxray Gx -- Cool and super sayajin
Arcanine Gx -- Cool and legendary

Ahh. Goodra GX. Just rolls off the toungue. First off, Haxorus, Goodra, Druddigon and Dragalgae are the ONLY dragon types without an EX or GX card. Second off, Goodra just got primed for play by Guardians Rising Sliggoo. With all these anti-basic cards Pokémon is creating, Goodra is in the spot to shine! Dragalgae might not get one because of Toxapex GX, but Druddigon and Haxorus need some love. Goodra is just so magnificent hand has such potential for a card that's when Burning Shadows fully leaked, I kind of screamed.
How about:
Alakazam GX
Vanilluxe GX?
NOT DARKRAI GX!
Still, Goodra GX anyone?

Guys, lists are only gonna get you so far. It *is* a shot in the dark anyone from PCL will read your post at all, so don't write a mega-essay, but don't just list off names..

I'm gonna throw in for Hitmonchan GX. Base Set Hitmonchan is one of my all-time favourite cards, and Hitmonchan has ended up a favourite Pokémon for me c/o that card. It gets reprints surprisingly more often than most any other card in the series does, but it's long been outclassed in terms of firepower. It'd be nice to have an OP Hitmonchan card in the format again, and Hitmonchan hasn't been given the "deluxe" treatment since the original Pokémon-ex block.

I would love to see Politoed Gx, Suicune Gx, Gen 2 and gen 4 starter gx as well. It's been a while since any of these card saw some real love.

Maybe Ditto GX, the GX move being a perfect transformation move.

Crygonal GX, just to confuse everyone "but...why?"

Scizor, Blastoise and Venusaur GX since if nothing else it will bring back the neglected basic forms or each.

Multiple Pokemon GXs alà the Legends cards in HGSS

An Arceus GX that isn't necessarily playable but definitely "the strongest" as it's meant to be.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee! Have some sort of "Tag Team" attack effect or ability that swaps between the two pokemon and does a solid amount of damage (50 for DCE?) and then has a respective three energy attack that pertains to their fighting style and obviously a dope GX attack! I can't remember a great Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee card ...ever, and they were so popular in the show and look awesome. Give them some love!

:Alolan Riachu GX :Alolan Marowak GX :Ash-Greninja GX :Alolan Sandslash GX :Zygarde GX, Alolan Golem GX, :Minior GX, :Talonflame GX, :Oricorio GX (pom pom style), and Haxorus GX

I would like rotom GX probably because rotom-dex apears quite a lot and I think it would be just plain logicle

I personally would LOVE (I'll put my reasoning in these)
- Cresselia GX (not many printings)
-Uxie GX (not many printings)
-Azelf GX (not many printings)
- Leafeon GX (not many printings, eeveeloution)
-Mesprit GX (not many printings)
-Toucannon GX (Gen 7, 1 printing but would be cool)
-Hoopa both regular and unbound GX (fans love it, was playable at one point as an EX)
-Tyrantrum GX (dinosaur, kids love dinosaurs, not many printings)
- Furfrou GX (dog, kids love dogs, not many printings)
- Gogoat GX (would be interesting to see, deserved a good card)
- Pyroar female GX (did it ever get a printing on a card?)
- Volcarona GX (interesting)
- Druddigon GX (barely printed and could be a good card if they really tried)
- Klingklang GX (I thin it would be interesting but very unlikely)
- Sawsbuck GX (not many printings)
- Cofagrigus GX (not many printings, would be interesting)
- Audino GX (would be interesting)
- Zebstrika GX (got a pack art, not an ultra rare?)
- Glaceon GX (not many printings, eeveeloution)
- Huntail GX (not many printings, would be interesting)
- Solrock GX (self-explanatory)
- Lunatone GX (Self-explanatory)

Last edited:
I wish that Shaymin GX is a thing so that way Shaymin will still be alive in the TCG.It can have its Roaring Skies attack and ability(even though it would be boring),a new and good Gx attack thats worth to use once and improved HP like 150 at least since Shaymin has low HP in the TCG.I can just Imagine a Rainbow Rare of it.Really Hope this card Exists.

Unrealistic: Chatot-GX, Whiscash-GX

Realistic: Florges-GX, Mudsdale-GX, Hydregion-GX, Eelektross-GX

I'd like Sceptile GX. I really like Sceptile. It won't happen though, lol. Gen 3 hype died when SU/MO was released.

Blissey GX - Blissey did see a reprint lately, but it's always a fan favorite and a defensive monster

Omastar GX & Kabutops GX - did this thing not get an EX treatment (it was an ex in Sandstorm...and a Shining in Neo Destiny). There seems to be a universal silent treatment towards the fossils.

Luvdisc GX - honestly, if just love to see what kind of art they'd do with it. I was a huge fan of the Crystal Guardians version. I'd like to see if something similar would return.

Porygon Z GX - Everyone's favorite techno-duck. It's always been a active that it 'rerograms' Pokémon, cards in play, etc. I'd like to see what a GX version could reprogram.

Unown ? GX - Unowns have been known to do some neat stuff when you put a bunch of them together. Maybe have an Unown that can fill your bench with Unowns 'outside the game'.

Mr. Mime GX - Mr. Mime has always been a card where weird attack/power mechanics seem to go. I'd like to see what weirdness they could put into it.

Last edited:
Back