XY What new Types would you like to see in X and Y?

LostVoice

I Remember where I Lost my Mind
What kind of new types would you like to see in X and Y? I personally would like to see Light, Cybernetic, and Sound. What pre-existing Pokemon would change types? How would the new types compare to the older types? Discuss!

Truthfully, I doubt we'll be seeing any new types. However, the four I have seen mentioned most often are Light, Cosmic, Virtual/Digital, and Sound.

I can see the desire for Light-type based on having a Dark-type, but in the past, both Psychic and Fighting have seemed to fit that role nicely, when considered the "good, fair" to Dark's "bad, unfair." And when dealing with physical light, I don't see why Fire or Electric-types (Ampharos) couldn't do the job.

Cosmic is another type that seems to be represented by Psychic. For examples...Deoxys, Soleock/Lunatone, etc.

Of the types I mentioned, I think Sound might have one of the best chances of being made into an actual type, since the game is already programmed to distinguish sound-based moves (from certain abilities such as Soundproof). Then again, I'm not sure if enough Pokémon would fit into this typing, and the ones that would (Jigglypuff line, Whismur line, Chatot?) would have to have their typing retconned. Not sure what the type match ups would be, though I've seen a few suggestions online.

In short, I don't think we have a shot at a new type. If we do, however, I'd like to see Sound...though I'd like any new type as long as it helps balance the type chart out.

There will never be any more new types.

Maybe something like Ancient or Fossil. Golurk and the Regis would be ancient type.

Weakness:

Dragon
Dark

Resistances:

Steel
Rock
Ground
Normal

Immunities

None

It is super-effective against:
Rock
Steel

It is not very effective against:
Electric
Water
Flying

I don't want a type that messes with other pokemon type
I just want a new type like Jhoto introduced Steel and Dark without altering Kanto's pokemon.
Just a new type with new Pokemons

Silentslayer said:
I don't want a type that messes with other pokemon type
I just want a new type like Jhoto introduced Steel and Dark without altering Kanto's pokemon.
Just a new type with new Pokemons

Magneton and Magnemite became Steel after Gen 2.

There was a rumor that a 2chan user posted all this stuff about what the legendaries would be in 6th gen. and it mention two new types being Sound and Saint, with Xerneas being Steel/Saint. I won't look it into too much since there's no real backing to it, but I thought it was interesting that it mention a possible type that I've heard before.

I don't think we need any more new types, but I would like to see some more interesting type combinations. For instance:

Grass/Fire
Electric/Fighting
Ghost/Grass
Poison/Steel
Bug/Dragon

Question. Why are so many people against new types? I really want to know. I personally would like to see a new type or two. ( As long as it's not something completely stupid and since.) It would change the face of the game a lot. Not just in the video game but in the card game as well. so pokemon might have to be changed to fit the new typing if they are better suited for it. I like the sound of a light type and virtual/digital. I also agree with new type combinations. It would make the game a lot more interesting if both were implemented.

Because the current types are already balanced enough. If we added new types now, the ratio of Pokemon of each type would be dumb. We have like, what? 250 water types or something? And then we will add 10 new pokemon of a type? That's silly. And changing a previous pokemon and adding a type doesn't help either, it just complicates things and will make trading pokemon to 6th Gen weird. I haven't even mentioned moves yet. We would have to add a ton of new type moves or change 'roar', 'uproar', 'metal sound', etc to sound-type or whatever and once again it doesn't make any sense and it would confuse things and mess with which moves get STAB, etc, etc, the whole thing would be a huge mess. Pokemon is not going to want to deal with that and I don't blame them.

safariblade said:
Because the current types are already balanced enough. If we added new types now, the ratio of Pokemon of each type would be dumb. We have like, what? 250 water types or something? And then we will add 10 new pokemon of a type? That's silly. And changing a previous pokemon and adding a type doesn't help either, it just complicates things and will make trading pokemon to 6th Gen weird. I haven't even mentioned moves yet. We would have to add a ton of new type moves or change 'roar', 'uproar', 'metal sound', etc to sound-type or whatever and once again it doesn't make any sense and it would confuse things and mess with which moves get STAB, etc, etc, the whole thing would be a huge mess. Pokemon is not going to want to deal with that and I don't blame them.

Listen to the wise one. Over-complication for game freak. New types aren't going to happen. Stop trying to make them happen.

If they add new type.. and, Light, Sound, CYBER? Seriously -.-

I want no new type, enough already and all good ideas been used.

I was just wondering. It would be a lot of work but they could make it work. I just think it would be interesting if they were added.

safariblade said:
So what? So you want everything to stay the same? Pokémon get and lose moves every generation. What's wrong with changing STAB moves, types of existing Pokémon etc.? We have seen it happen before anyway.

Teal said:
So what? So you want everything to stay the same? Pokémon get and lose moves every generation. What's wrong with changing STAB moves, types of existing Pokémon etc.? We have seen it happen before anyway.

What he's trying to say is it's just very unlikely we'll see a new type, given all the work that would be involved at this stage with every single bit of Pokemon merchandise (not just the vgs obviously) and how competitive play would be affected.

It's a lot of extra hassle to put on themselves needlessly.

MistahFuji said:
given all the work that would be involved at this stage with every single bit of Pokemon merchandise (not just the vgs obviously)
Uuuuh, like, what? Like an old sticker says that Exploud is Normal type instead of "Sound"? Oh no! You think GameFreak seriously cares about something like that if they really want to introduce a new type?
MistahFuji said:
how competitive play would be affected.
It's going to be changed and affected by the new generation anyway in many forms:
- New Pokémon
- New type combinations
- New moves
- New mechanics?
- New items

New types? Type changes? Why not? They need to balance everything anyway.
MistahFuji said:
GameFreak has changed sprites midgeneration, sometimes even three times. Is that not also "a lot of extra hassle needlessly"? That's a really weak (invalid) argument.

I'm not saying that there will be a new type, but ruling it out is pretty stupid.
Btw. the TCG just introduced Dragon-type in 2012.

Teal said:
MistahFuji said:
given all the work that would be involved at this stage with every single bit of Pokemon merchandise (not just the vgs obviously)
Uuuuh, like, what? Like an old sticker says that Exploud is Normal type instead of "Sound"? Oh no! You think GameFreak seriously cares about something like that if they really want to introduce a new type?
MistahFuji said:
how competitive play would be affected.
It's going to be changed and affected by the new generation anyway in many forms:
- New Pokémon
- New type combinations
- New moves
- New mechanics?
- New items

New types? Type changes? Why not? They need to balance everything anyway.
MistahFuji said:
GameFreak has changed sprites midgeneration, sometimes even three times. Is that not also "a lot of extra hassle needlessly"? That's a really weak (invalid) argument.

I'm not saying that there will be a new type, but ruling it out is pretty stupid.
Btw. the TCG just introduced Dragon-type in 2012.

I have to admit, I was gonna get all defensive and articulate....then the sprite changes point was a slap in the face. They do go out of their way for nothing, you're right there :/ But I still just don't see why they'd bother upsetting it now given there have been no new types since gen 2 and it's all nice and fleshed out and balanced (excluding the neglected poison types of course, those guys stankin' for some love).

safariblade said:

The type system isn't that balanced. Hello, Poison-types. Besides, I don't think GF cares about your (or anyone) issues with the new types.

Back