XY What New Moves or Adjustments to Older Moves Would You Like To See?

RE: What kinds of new moves would you like to see?

Pokequaza said:
.Towelette said:
I would like a Ice and Electric variation of Blaze Kick, similar to the elemental 'Fangs.

Also, more weather-moves like Rain Dance and Sunny Day and Sandstorm And Hail. Or maybe another Leech Seed type move.

I rather see them keeping some unique moves. I do not like it when a certain move is just copied with a different element. So many moves are actually just the same moves, but with a different type.

Also, no, Leech Seed is one of the only moves that makes a Grass-type favourable over other Pokémon. Get rid of the uniqueness of Leech Seed, and you will get rid of Grass-types as well. Remember how Volbeat got screwed when they introduced Nasty Plot?

Yes, your argument is valid, but it was only a suggestion.

Name: Dragon Vortex
Type: Dragon
Power: 100
Categorized as: Special
Accuracy: 95
Details: It always leave the foe with paralysis.

How about a move like Draco Meteor, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, or Frenzy Plant that is really powerful but requires a bond with your Pokémon? Maybe an electric-type move like that. Maybe like Thunderstorm..? A little close to Thunder but good enough...

It could be like:

Power: 130
Accuracy: 85?

Some other ideas:

-new HM
-an attack that inflicts the opponent with two effects (sleep & poison, paralysis & burn, confusion & frozen...etc)
-moves that are not HMs that can used outside of battles (ex: Sweet Scent, Secret Power..)

Anti-Matter
Power: --
Accuracy: --

Like Shell Smash, only for Ghosts. And the fact that you do not increase Speed. -2 Def and -2 SpDef, and get +2 Atk and +2 SpAtk.

Burst (I know this is lame, if you can come up with something better say so)
Power:--
Accuracy:--

The user explodes and stealth rocks, 3 layers of spikes, and 2 layers of toxic spikes are are scattered on both players fields. (This is affected by damp)

I've been dying to see a dual type move. Like a Psychic/Dark attack.

Grass: Implant- user implants a vine into foe, draining its health.

Fire: Burn Out- user falls asleep to recover health; if foe attacks with physical attack, foe becomes burned

Water: Bubble bomb- user bombarbs foe with bubbles

Electric: Thunder Tail- user strikes foe with its electrically charged tail

Ice: Crystallize- foe becomes frozen in a thick layer of ice crystals

Fighting: Mach Power- user harnesses its power on first turn, then releases an all out attack of fighting energy upon foe on the second turn. User faints

Ground: Burrow- user burrows underground; for two turns, user cannot attack, nor can the opponent

Poison: Foul Stench- user unleashes a nauseating odor, lowering foe's speed two stages

Rock: Refract Gem: user refracts light onto foes using gems or crystals; lowers accuracy of all opponents

Steel: Iron Fist- user punches foe with a steel-hard fist

Bug: Hyper Buzz- user outs a high-pitched buzz; lowers defense and speed of foe

Flying: Aviate- user flies in the air with great skill raising evasiveness

Dragon: Aura Beam- user looses a beam of its radiating aura, lowering Special Defense of foe

Dark: Evil Eye- user glares at foe with a nerve-racking stare; lowers Attack of foe

Psychic: Color Wheel: user blasts foe with a beam of all the colors of the rainbow; lowers accuracy and Defense of foe

Ghost: Shadow Fang- user bites foe, inflicting damage; confuses foe

Normal: Purr- user purrs innocently, lowering defense of foe

Fairy: AncientCurse- user curses foe with an ancient spell; foe becomes confused or infatuated

Seismitoad537 said:
How about a move like Draco Meteor, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, or Frenzy Plant that is really powerful but requires a bond with your Pokémon? Maybe an electric-type move like that. Maybe like Thunderstorm..? A little close to Thunder but good enough...

It could be like:

Power: 130
Accuracy: 85?

Some other ideas:

-new HM
-an attack that inflicts the opponent with two effects (sleep & poison, paralysis & burn, confusion & frozen...etc)
-moves that are not HMs that can used outside of battles (ex: Sweet Scent, Secret Power..)

New HM: Extinguish- user sprays foe with foam
Field Use- puts out burning branches in the way of player's path.
Signature move of Froakie family

P.DelSlayer said:
.Towelette said:
I would like a Ice and Electric variation of Blaze Kick, similar to the elemental 'Fangs.

Also, more weather-moves like Rain Dance and Sunny Day and Sandstorm And Hail. Or maybe another Leech Seed type move.

The only weather moves I can see happening are:
Acid Rain, boosts the attack of Poison types
Fog, which would do something for Flying types
Snow could happen, but Hail seems to be the resident Ice type weather
Same with Sleet; we already have Rain and Hail which sort of covers it.
maybe some kind of Lunar thing, which boosts Ghost and Dark types
That psychedelic thing Sylveon did in the movie trailer could be a new weather, I guess
What I really don't want is for silly weather effects for every type, for the sake of type boosting. e.g. We really don't need some stupid Psychic weather where it would look ridiculous, just for the sake of it.
Also, that brings me onto another idea, weather related: What if we could combine weathers to make new ones?
eg:
Sun + Rain = some kind of Tropical weather
Sun + Sand = Desert Storm, makes all non Ground, Rock or Steel types lose 1/8th of their HP each turn, in addition to this Water type moves will lose 30% of their power. Also, maybe have some kind of chance to Burn? (this one seems rather on the overpowered side)
Sun + Hail = Slush, lowers speed of all Pokemon

I don't really want another Leech Seed move. *see Pokequaza's post below*
It just seems like a move that could only be Grass, if that makes sense. The one other type I could see happening would be a Bug type parasite thing.

for dark and ghost types, you mean like a New Moon or Full Moon?
oh, and a psychic weather could actually work as Fog, like some kind of meditation thing?

Ghost: Shadow Fang- user bites foe, inflicting damage; confuses foe

Should probably have a chance of flinch as well since every other elemental fang does so.

Ice: Crystallize- foe becomes frozen in a thick layer of ice crystals

Unfortunately that would be too broken in competitive play. It might be ok if it has a charge turn though.

I'd imagine to make up for Crystallize automatically giving out the most broken status condition, it would have around 50% accuracy.
And moves aren't designed with competitive play in mind, but they could ban a move in official tournaments if they consider it would give one player an unfair advantage.

Thunderstorm
(Weather)

You lose 1/24 HP each turn, (rounded to nearest 1), and also there is 10% chance for being paralyzed. Lasts for 3-4 turns. Lightning-attacks are increased by 50%, and Thunder gets priority.

I'd also like to see something along the lines of this...

Name: Astral Blast
Type: Psychic
Category: Special
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100%

Description: Many stars imbued with cosmic energy are hurled at the target. It may also lower the target's Special Defense by 1 Stage. (30%)

In my imagination, I'd like this to replace TM03 Psyshock.

I think the legendaries in this generation should get better signature moves than generation 5 because kyurem/zekrom/reshiram had somewhat lacklustre ones. The whole becomes stronger after the other's signiture is used makes it rare that you ever see the full effect.
And if mewtwo is getting a new forme he should at least get a signature, purely because he's the most badass pokemon out there

leecario said:
I think the legendaries in this generation should get better signature moves than generation 5 because kyurem/zekrom/reshiram had somewhat lacklustre ones. The whole becomes stronger after the other's signiture is used makes it rare that you ever see the full effect.
And if mewtwo is getting a new forme he should at least get a signature, purely because he's the most badass pokemon out there

I agree to some extent that the Tao Trio's sig. moves were lackluster. Glaciate was awful. B/W Kyurem's aren't good in competetive at all due to the charge turn. However Fusion Flare/Bolt each had 100 bp. With 100% accuracy it makes them quite viable. And then Blue Flare/Bolt Strike are staples on Reshi/Zeki, the only turn off is the accuracy (which, iirc, isn't that bad)

Mewtwo was given Psystrike as a sig. move last Gen, and I'm thinking that it may be that Newtwo gets access to Psystrike, but at the same time it could also get it's own exclusive sig. move. Of course it could be that they have it ala Rotom, in that Newtwo's sig. move would be replaced by Psystrike after transformation, and vice versa.
There's also that huge move Newtwo used at the end of the gameplay trailer, which could be a new move for Newtwo. I've heard some speculation that it could be Focus Miss, but it actually hits its opponent so thats not gonna happen at the same time it could be a Fireball style move. I'm hoping it is a new badass move that Newtwo gets.

P.DelSlayer said:
leecario said:

I agree to some extent that the Tao Trio's sig. moves were lackluster. Glaciate was awful. B/W Kyurem's aren't good in competetive at all due to the charge turn. However Fusion Flare/Bolt each had 100 bp. With 100% accuracy it makes them quite viable. And then Blue Flare/Bolt Strike are staples on Reshi/Zeki, the only turn off is the accuracy (which, iirc, isn't that bad)

Mewtwo was given Psystrike as a sig. move last Gen, and I'm thinking that it may be that Newtwo gets access to Psystrike, but at the same time it could also get it's own exclusive sig. move. Of course it could be that they have it ala Rotom, in that Newtwo's sig. move would be replaced by Psystrike after transformation, and vice versa.
There's also that huge move Newtwo used at the end of the gameplay trailer, which could be a new move for Newtwo. I've heard some speculation that it could be Focus Miss, but it actually hits its opponent so thats not gonna happen at the same time it could be a Fireball style move. I'm hoping it is a new badass move that Newtwo gets.

I completely agree with all of this, i do realise blue flare/fusion bolt are good moves they just have near useless effects :) and sorry i never knew about psystrike :'( i just traded up my level 100 mewtwo from firered so I've missed out on a great move, now if you'll excuse me I'll just go to the move relearner *runs to ds*

something with self-inflicted status. would make for alternate choices for some aggressive pokemon that wouldn't like recoil or 85% accuracy.

"overheat synonym" -> dmg + selfburn;
"overdose" -> dmg + selfpoison

see problem with this tho, as those types are immune to those status. there could be an exception for self-inflicted status tho.

i saw there was discussion of an inflict-freeze move. What would people think of a recover/def-up move that freezes the user for N turns? I'd like freeze to have SOME purpose. It's such a corner-case even in story.

Whatever move that Sylveon uses in the trailer (for the anime short) where she creates a purple, psychedelic, galaxy around the pokemon. I want whatever that is and I want it too look just as awesome. It makes me think maybe it could be a new terrain move for the fairy type. Like Heavy Rain, Sandstorm, ect.

Hidden Power said:
Arceusect2 said:
I would personally like to see a move that revives 1 pokemon in sacrifice of the pokemon using the move.
Very creative. But I don't think they'll ever create a move like this.

Wasn't there Lunar Dance and Healing Wish ? I thought they did something like that...correct me if I'm wrong.

What about another useless move that's very entertaining to see the animation of? Like, Silly Dance or something?
Or maybe Distraction, where the user distracts the enemy pokemon, allowing it/them to be attacked by the teammate and leaving them unable to attack for one turn (can only be used once per battle)

I would really like to see a move that makes Pokémon invisible, which is mainly for Ghost types and legendary Pokémon. It could boost their accuracy for 3 stages or maybe even 4. We don't have a big selection of Ghost types, so making the ones we have more special would be nice. Plus they can do it in the anime! As before, moves like Foresight and Odor Sleuth can undo the effects of invisibility. I'm also hoping for more signature moves.

What about another useless move that's very entertaining to see the animation of? Like, Silly Dance or something?
Or maybe Distraction, where the user distracts the enemy pokemon, allowing it/them to be attacked by the teammate and leaving them unable to attack for one turn (can only be used once per battle)

We have a move called "Follow Me" with the same effect you described (except it can be used as often as your PP allows it under normal conditions). Giving it a nice suitable animation would be nice.

Back