XY What Kind of New Gym Leaders and Champions Will There Be?

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
I've always thought strong Gym Leaders that help level your Pokemon a lot more than some others. Have you thought of champions with LEGENDARY Pokemon in their team?
Discuss your ideas here!

EDIT 1: From the trailer of Pokemon X and Y, there was a part where the male trainer bounces on a web. Now, this could mean that there might be a a bug type gym, either a strong one(I hope!) or a one with low leveled Pokemon at the start of the game. There might also be a fire type gym due to the bursting flames, or it could be in the Elite 4.

The entire fanbase will rage if we don't get a Dark type gym.

Aside from that, I'd like to see less predictability this gen. No Water type gym, we've literally had one every damn game. No more late game Dragon and Ice type gyms. No more early game Normal and Rock type gyms. No Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, or Dragon Elite 4 members, use some new ones like Normal, Grass, Electric, Rock, or Flying.

I hope there's a Dark gym, Ghost gym and if there's Light and Sound type thena Gym for each of them.

I hope that your rival is a female that becomes Champion, only to reveal she is the head of the evil team. Then you and the Professor summon the legendary Pokémon to stop her.

I also want the evos of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal and Sylveon to be Fire/Fighting.

Another poison-type gym would be nice. I would love to see the premier of a dark-type gym

I want high level Bug and Rock Gyms. Sure, there have been them in the past, but always low-leveled; I always thought Burgh should've been later on in the game due to all the great Bugs.

And Rock. Oh Rock, you need a decent Gym. Preferably one that uses a Tyranitar and heavily utilises the Sand (similar wants with Fire+Sunny Day, Ice+Hail and Water+Drizzle). Rock Gyms have just gotten so predictable; Geodude, Onix and a Rock type introduced in the same Gen as the Gym Leader.

Also Dark Gym for Gym.8.

We need a Dark Gym, a 1st Gym that isn't Rock, and a high-leveled Bug Gym, like the previous poster said.

P.DelSlayer said:
Rock Gyms have just gotten so predictable; Geodude, Onix and a Rock type introduced in the same Gen as the Gym Leader.

Actually, since Sturdy got a boost in 5th gen, they could get away with later game Rock types even if they just reuse the same old rock types. More original Rock types would be nice, though.

I'm on the same boat as everyone else when it comes to a Dark type gym. Just thinking of the layout is already appealing enough! Also, another Poison Gym and strong Bug Gym with a mature leader (Bugsy, Burgh? UGH). Finally with the gyms, a blended eighth gym would be splendid.

As far as the E4, I think it would be interesting to see different battle styles for each room, not just types. For example, maybe do double battles in the second room, rotation battles in the third, and triple battles in the fourth. Oh, and Champion, be a cool cat like Blue or Cynthia and do a blend! No one wants to get to the end of the game and see an OP gym leader-lookalike... And for the love of God, put the original layout back. We beat all the rooms anyway, there's no point in having to pick a room, then climb pointless stairs to battle just to return, do that four times, then climb up more stairs just to climb up more stairs... It's too much. Just simplify it like RBY and we'll be happy.

Yeah, I'm still pretty ticked that the first proper Poison gym in series history (since I maintain that Fuchsia was more about status conditions than the Poison type) was early-on, poorly-designed, and then rushed through and completely shunted out of the spotlight in favor of that irritating mandatory Pokéstar Studios tutorial. (Meanwhile, Water gets another Gym, and it's the final one to boot.) I'd love to see Poison get a Gym in X and Y, as well as Dark (for obvious reasons), Fire, and Psychic (since those two haven't had a Gym since Hoenn).

Alternately, i'd be okay if they went in a different direction with the Gyms and/or Elite Four, highlighting different strategies and tactics rather than types. it'd be a bit more challenging to plan against a Gym Leader that focused on, say, priority moves or high defenses rather than a given type. (Though since Pokémon is designed for young kids to be able to play it, that idea probably wouldn't fly.)

Reggie McGigas said:
I think the champion will have a shiny pokemon! :)

You know that isn't a bad idea at all! I always wanted the champion to have some kind of Pokemon that stood out.

I really hope to see a Dark type Gym Leader, since there never has been one yet.

I think that a Bug type Gym could fit well as the first gym, since there often is introduced some weaker Bug types in a generation, for example Butterfree, Ledian, Beautifly, Kricketune and so on. It could be a good way to test new trainers on the start of their journey, and since the mentioned Bug types evolve very early, it can also be difficult to defeat the Gym Leader that early in the game, so that could be a good idea, I think.

I also hope, that they don't reuse previous types, for example the Ice type, which has been the 7th Gym 3/5 times.

Volcarona said:
I also hope, that they don't reuse previous types, for example the Ice type, which has been the 7th Gym 3/5 times.

It's not as much the frequency of Ice types that annoys me as much as it is the placement. I'm kind of sick of them putting Ice 7th every time.

Right? It's almost as if they are putting Ice on a pedestal every time by making it the 7th gym.
Dark type, for sure.

Also the Dragon type annoys me by being the last gym in BW just like in G/S, as well as the Water type being the last in BW2, like in R/S.
Why not try something different, like a Grass gym as one of the last ones, or a strong Rock gym, and then some of the usual strong gym types, like Water, or Dragon could either be early gyms or removed from the X/Y gym list. I really hope that something new will happen! :D

>First off, NO dragon-type gyms/elite 4s/champion. After 3 gens of dragon types as a mascot, I am officially sick of dragons.
>No more water-type gyms either
>A dark-type gym is a must. It can even be an early gym, using Purrloin and Poochyena.
>Most of all, I want a house-music inspired gym that has two leader who challenge the player to a double battle. They will use electric type and possibly steel as well. The gym should be a high-middle gym. Also, the two leaders should dress up as robots :p, fitting for PokeFrance

- No water gyms
- Dark gym
- Make it so that the E4 doesn't have similar weaknesses (you can only use 4 Pokemon, it would be quite a challenge)
- I would like them to have some different kinds of strategies in the gyms (speed, paralyzes your Pokemon, stall, etc.).
- If there is a Pokemon of the gym type that cancels a weakness, to include it (like a Normal/Ghost in a Normal gym).

I hope they mix it up and do away with type-based gyms. I would like there to be some kind of coherency (what that would be, I'm not sure), but I'd just like something completely different from the other games.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
I hope they mix it up and do away with type-based gyms. I would like there to be some kind of coherency (what that would be, I'm not sure), but I'd just like something completely different from the other games.

Actually, that is a great idea! I have been always wanting to this to happen.

I like type-based gyms. Plus they're just part of Pokemon. It would be like changing the method of how you catch Pokemon. Maybe we could just change it to each gym getting two types?

Back