What kind of books do you read?

Aquajet_23

Aay jay too tree
Note: Please only post once. A second post is this topic is obviously spam.

I like to read about teen life/problems and malay history.

Uh... fine, I'll post...

Mostly, they're fantasy novels or something in the current millenia. I prefer books with twists and a comlex plots because clichéd plotlines are never fun.

Horror, or at least a little bit, novels are sometimes good.

Comedy/Sci-fi for me. Occasionally I read fantasy, but for some reason they all feel so cliche to me.

FINALLY! A thread I can relate to. I read books about physics, science, astronomy, and cosmology. As well as biographies on famous physicists. I also read my Scientific American magazines when they come in the mail. :] Currently, I'm also done with The Elegant Univer by Brian Greene.

>_<

I am a very picky reader, but If I find a book I like, I will read it all in one go.

I like Anthony Horowitz, Eoin Colfer, Jrr Tolkein, JK Rowling, Terry Pratchet, Michael Lawrence (Jiggy Mccue Just PWNS - I read them ages ago but I still love them) Darren Shan, and some others.

My favourite genres are horror, action, mystery, comedy and fantasy ( I don't like fariy tale fantasy, but like artemis fowl, Harry potter fantasy).

Bacon edit: Hell yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah

Let's see....

There's ONE specific type of book that I just absolutely love to read:

Comedyish, Adventureish, "Unusualish" (not really sci-fi, but along the lines of it), and Fantasyish, set in a MODERN-DAY TIME PERIOD (1950ish-2008) and in REAL-LIFE PLACES (or at least have them in there), and is part of a series (three or more).

If a book has all of those, I will love it to bits (such as Maximum Ride - I love that series).

Fantasy.

But it's getting really cliche. Most of them revolve around some guy who goes on an adventure, meets some old man who acts as a guide, the old man dies, then he goes on to kill some dark lord and save the world. I managed to find one that actually is a decent power struggle, but it's not for kids. At least it's isn't a fairy tale, where there is no old man to guide, and the dark lord is killed so that the hero can marry the princess and live happily ever after while the peasants continue to starve.

That's known as the Hero's Jounrey stereotype... it's almost guarenteed to appear in any story. Unless it's one which completely diverges from the original.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Fantasy.

But it's getting really cliche. Most of them revolve around some guy who goes on an adventure, meets some old man who acts as a guide, the old man dies, then he goes on to kill some dark lord and save the world. I managed to find one that actually is a decent power struggle, but it's not for kids. At least it's isn't a fairy tale, where there is no old man to guide, and the dark lord is killed so that the hero can marry the princess and live happily ever after while the peasants continue to starve.

Read Star Wars EU then. ;x

I can read adult books. Most of them are crime stories because they're the more interesting ones.

I also enjoy picking up random books at school on the table and start reading it regarddless of what it's called.

I can read anything, but only a select few grab my attention span. Then, I finish the book that day or however long it takes me to read. I'm partial to James Herriot, myself.

dmaster out.

Back