What is Your Favorite TCG Generation of Pokemon Card Art?

lvivas

Aspiring Trainer
My favorite TCG Generation of Pokemon card art was probably Gen 1-2 because the artwork was just

phenomenal and not like the simple 5ban computer graphics we have today. I also liked how everything didn't

have to be a full art or ex back then for people to genuinely enjoy the artwork of the card. What do you guys

think?

I do appreciate the Gen 1-2 were they didn't have EX in everything. Though I do like the silvery borders of the EX cards.

I liked the EX shinies though since their art poked out of at least one side of the illustration border. That was pretty neat and rather unique.

HeartGold/SoulSilver for sure. The borders were great, the first Full Art cards came to light, and my favorite card of all time Jumpluff HGSS still looks as gorgeous as ever!

I like the border of HS the best because it moves away from solid colours.
I like the Pokémon art (like, specifically the creatures) from gen 1-2 the best, although there are some serious duds like blackstar misdreavus.
However the backgrounds were always lacking in those, especially on the holofoils. I have to say the current run, especially Double Crisis and Roaring Skies, have a lot of character and some of the best backgrounds/action-oriented scenes on the cards ever.

Back