Discussion What is your favorite Budget Deck?

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
What is your favorite budget deck? my favorites currently are Passimian/Mew or Delta Plus Dragonite.

My favourite is a Golisopod/Vespiquen deck i made myself, but in terms of commonly known budget decks, I'd have to go with Golduck/Starmie, it's so simple to set up and easy to use, one of the best decks for a beginner imo.

Vespiquen is my favourite. Although Oricorio killed the bee (or is it a wasp Vespidae?)

Alolan Ninetails GX is my fave right now. I've a feeling the price will go up in a while though.

The Tapu Koko box hasn't come out yet, but my favorite budget deck has got to be what I call "THE HONCHY" using GRI Honchkrow + Promo Tapu Koko (FLYING FLIP BAYB)

That Tapu Koko promo is going to be one expensive non-GX/EX, as it is extremely useful for softening up the field. I was thinking about a Golisopod/Koko deck earlier today...I am very excited to see how everyone utilizes all of the useful "normal" Pokémon within GUR!

The bee lives on!!! #GuardiansRisingMachokeBlocksOricorio
Hadn't thought of using macho ke. Although his ability prevents placing damage counters to the bench. Does the placement stop once active is knocked out, or would you have to move a Pokemon to the active spot for damage counters to continue being placed until all have been placed? I think of this similar to Pokemon who attack twice.

Regular gx already $18 in Canada which is high considering other "unusable" gx go for $8. Although regular tapu lele is $65
Still $6.49 on Troll and Toad though. Haha. I'd say its budget cause you only need four of these with no Shaymin EXs or Tapu Le Le GXs or even any other Pokemon. That makes it considerably cheaper than even some of the other non -EX/GX decks mentioned imo.

Rayquaza Eels. There are very few decks that can run zero Shaymins while still getting set up to KO on a 180 HP EX as early as T2.

Not looking for critiques or anything, but figured I could provide the list in case anyone new to the game decides they want something competitive in tournaments (this one has proven strong in a couple local ones for me). It is an extreme example of heavy item reliance, but it will also be competitive against almost anything.

All prices on tcgplayer.com

4x Rayquaza | Between 1.00 - 1.50 each
4x Tynamo | 0.25 each
4x Eelektrik | 0.25 each
2x Eelektross (PRC version) | 0.40 each
2x Smeargle | 0.15 each
== $9.10

4x Professor Sycamore | Between 0.82 - 1.00 each (can get 4x cheaper on ebay I think)
1x Colress | 0.42
1x Hex Maniac | 0.25
1x N | 2.30
1x Lysandre | 0.30
1x Karen (specifically for Night March and Vespiquen and you absolutely cannot cut this card if you want any shot at beating either deck) | 0.36
1x Xerosic | 0.13
== $7.76

4x VS Seeker | 4.28 (most expensive card in the deck)
3x Trainer's Mail | 1.95
3x Battle Compressor | 0.30
3x Bicycle | 0.21
3x Acro Bike | 0.90
3x Ultra Ball | 0.16
3x Level Ball | 0.21
1x Dowsing Machine | 1.70
== $30.01

2x Skyarrow Bridge | 0.14
== $0.28

6x Lightning Energy | 0.10 (if you have to buy them)
3x Fire Energy | 0.15 (if you have to buy them)
== 1.05

Grand total == $48.20 for a deck that you can take to a local tournament and do well. It doesn't get much cheaper than that (I don't even think you can make Greninja that cheaply).

Rayquaza Eels. There are very few decks that can run zero Shaymins while still getting set up to KO on a 180 HP EX as early as T2.

Not looking for critiques or anything, but figured I could provide the list in case anyone new to the game decides they want something competitive in tournaments (this one has proven strong in a couple local ones for me). It is an extreme example of heavy item reliance, but it will also be competitive against almost anything.

All prices on tcgplayer.com

4x Rayquaza | Between 1.00 - 1.50 each
4x Tynamo | 0.25 each
4x Eelektrik | 0.25 each
2x Eelektross (PRC version) | 0.40 each
2x Smeargle | 0.15 each
== $9.10

4x Professor Sycamore | Between 0.82 - 1.00 each (can get 4x cheaper on ebay I think)
1x Colress | 0.42
1x Hex Maniac | 0.25
1x N | 2.30
1x Lysandre | 0.30
1x Karen (specifically for Night March and Vespiquen and you absolutely cannot cut this card if you want any shot at beating either deck) | 0.36
1x Xerosic | 0.13
== $7.76

4x VS Seeker | 4.28 (most expensive card in the deck)
3x Trainer's Mail | 1.95
3x Battle Compressor | 0.30
3x Bicycle | 0.21
3x Acro Bike | 0.90
3x Ultra Ball | 0.16
3x Level Ball | 0.21
1x Dowsing Machine | 1.70
== $30.01

2x Skyarrow Bridge | 0.14
== $0.28

6x Lightning Energy | 0.10 (if you have to buy them)
3x Fire Energy | 0.15 (if you have to buy them)
== 1.05

Grand total == $48.20 for a deck that you can take to a local tournament and do well. It doesn't get much cheaper than that (I don't even think you can make Greninja that cheaply).

Ooooo i really like the smeargle idea iv never though of that. Rayeel is also one of my favorites along with kyurem/deoxys

Of the popular meta, Circle Circuit or Gyarados
Of my own creations, Raticate/Tauros/Hammers or Sableye/Absol (from Guardians rising)

My favorite budget deck is Greninja BREAK, because this one of the most satisfying decks to win with! Even though it requires a lot of play testing and can be frustrating at times, always worth it in the end when you win against all odds or go on crazy winning streaks.

Back