What is Your Favorite Ancient Trait?

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
I am a big fan of Ancient Traits, so I wondered what some of Pokébeach's readers' favorites are (I mean the traits themselves, versus the 'mon that have them). Here is a rundown of all of them known so far (and I understand that with some being unreleased as of this post, we haven't had a chance to use them in battle yet).

Ω (Omega) Barrier: Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card (excluding Pokémon Tools and Stadium cards), prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokémon.

Ω (Omega) Barrage: This Pokémon may attack twice a turn. (If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent’s Active Pokémon, you may attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon.)

α (Alpha) Growth: When you attach an Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon (except with an attack, Ability, or Trainer card), you may attack 2 Energy cards.

α (Alpha) Recovery: When this Pokémon is healed, double the amount healed.

Δ (Delta) Plus: If your opponent’s Pokémon is Knocked Out y damage from an attack of this Pokémon, take 1 more Prize card.

Δ (Delta) Evolution: You may play this card from your hand to evolve a Pokémon during your first turn or the turn you play that Pokémon.

Δ (Delta) Wild: Any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent’s (G), (R), (W), or (L) Pokémon is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Θ (Theta) Stop: Prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokémon’s Abilities done to this Pokémon.

Θ (Theta) Double: This Pokémon can have 2 Pokémon Tools attached to it.

Θ (Theta) Max: When 1 of your Pokemon becomes this Pokemon, heal all damage from it.

While all of them are great/useful/appreciated, my favorite is probably Omega Barrier (while Hypnotoxic Lasers and Crushing Hammers are still in rotation). I'd love to hear your favorite(s) and why - and let me know if I accidentally missed any!

Last edited:
I think my favorite has to be Alpha Growth, basically being two energy for the price of one. Though Alpha Recovery are a (personal not competitive) favorite and Omega Barrage.

Competitively, Omega Barrier has become increasingly valuable in my decks.
Personally, I love Omega Barrage, especially with Muscle Band in the format. Whenever I'm bored I keep trying to build decks that revolve around Pokemon with Omega Barrage and "polish the turd."

Back