Help What is the best choice to play after new meta

adri172

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hello, my name is Adrian (I m spanish, from Madrid) and I came from VGC but I have been playing TCG sometimes since 2017 so I m not a noob :p at least not so much haha.

I have been working in two list for the next weekend after rotation so I would be able to play both of my lists. One of them is Garde-Sylveon because I think more than 50% of the decks of the post-rotation meta are so weak to Fairy charm + chaos. And the only two bad match ups are Keldeo and Charizard but you can win them. This is the list I have been working on:

Garde-Sylveon

4 x Gardevoir & Sylveon
1 x Xerneas GX
1 x Lopunny & Jigglypuff

3 x Chaotic Swell
1 x Power Plant
3 x Cynthia & Caitlin
3 x Master trainer
4 x Green
1 x Samina
1 x Mallow & Lana
1 x Bill

2 x Cherish Ball
3 x Tag Call
4 x Custom Catcher
1 x Great Catcher
2 x Spinner
2 x Super scoop up
4 x Pokegear
2 x Stealthy Hood
2 x Switch
1 x Reset Stamp
2 x Fairy Charm Thunder
2 x Fairy Charm Psy
1 x Fairy Charm Dragon

9 x Fairy energy

The other one is Mew box, but with the inclusion of mimikyu the deck is getting weaker. But still I think is one of the most solid options for the new meta. The list I ve been working on is this one:

3 x Mewtwo & Mew
2 x Dedenne GX
1 x Espeon & Deoxys
1 x Solgaleo GX
1 x Magcargo GX
1 x Jirachi GX
1 x Charizard & Braixen
1 x Marshadow
1 x Muk & Alolan Muk GX
1 x Latios GX
1 x Lopunny & Jigglypuff

2 x Chaotic Swell
1 x Giant Hearth
1 x Viridian Forest

4 x Cherish Ball
1 x Tag Call
4 x Acro Bike
2 x Stealthy Hood
2 x Switch
2 x Reset Stamp
3 x Pokegear
4 x Custom Catcher
1 x Great Catcher

1 x Bill
4 x Welder
2 x Cynthia & Caitlin

8 x Fire Energy
4 x Psychic Energy

Maybe I can change to Water version of mewtwo with Blastoise minis and Blastoise and Piplup but I dont think is as solid as the fire version.

What do you recommend me? And how to improve both?

Thank you in advance :)

Panzerolas

Aspiring Trainer
the mewtwo straight loosesagainst keldeo GX. and the gardeon neeeds more power plant and less chaotic swell as well. other than that lists seem solid

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
IMHO MewMew is a bit better, though it can have a couple of really poor matchups. It also has been doing better (at least in the few tournaments this format) than Gardeon , though this might not be a good thing, as it may be more likely to be teched against. On a side note, isn't this more fit for the deck garage?

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Where are you planning to play these decks? If it's a local League, then you should scout what other people are playing (especially the top players) and pick a deck that fares well against theirs. If it's PTCGO ladder, then you should play decks that don't fold to weird, one-of-a-kind decks and can win consistently, rather than decisively. If it's actual premier tournaments, then that's a whole different can of worms.