What is so good about playing TCG?

gengar the baller said:
I love the game, its easier than sports though.

I actually disagree with this. This could be just because i'm good at soccer, but I find there are occasionally seriously tough moments in pokemon. Soccer... while it's a split-second thing, with practise, the decisions in soccer are way easier.

It's just while you are playing soccer, baseball, or tennis, you get excersies. In addition, you can also learn new skills and meet new friends. Plus TCG is sort of costly:p

Sports are costlier IMO. Because in tcg sometimes the cards really pay for themseleves for example you can spend 4$ on one pack and pull a 20$-30$ card.

you can't buy sport stuff ands then immidiately sell them for 20-30$ you can make money off pokemon a lot easier than in sports.

Meaty said:
Lol except for me...

School = BAD!
Pokemon tcg = Good...
It is so much like school except the tcg is fun!

Ariadosguy said:
I actually disagree with this. This could be just because I'm good at soccer, but I find there are occasionally seriously tough moments in pokemon. Soccer... while it's a split-second thing, with practise, the decisions in soccer are way easier.
I also disagree. They're so different and, unless a game is pure luck, the game is always as hard as the opponent.

yeah, same. i went to a prerelease and i was just bored out of my mind because i didn't know anyone =( it's a lot more fun when you make friends nd have something to do between rounds.

Meaty said:
Sports are costlier IMO. Because in tcg sometimes the cards really pay for themseleves for example you can spend 4$ on one pack and pull a 20$-30$ card.

But what happens when you get famous by playing sports, you earns millions of dollars, you porbably can buy every pokemon card in existence. Or if you get a professional job, you have the money and the time to play pokemon cards.

Yeah, or getting second, if its regionals, nationals or worlds. u can get a scholarship 4 winning states, but not being runner-up. i won a 1000 dollar scholarship for placing 2nd at my regionals, so......yeah

Looks like it's time for me to jump on that hardcore =O Not just for the fun but in the hopes of some college funds lol

Do you have to pay for transportation though for regionals and/or nationals and what not?

What isn't good about playing TCG? Little kids learn math and reading, and skills such as planning ahead. It's nearly impossible to find games that put such delicate things like logic, strategy and basic skills together in a way like pokemon does. For teenagers, it's a fun place to meet new people and an excuse to hang out every week. For parents, it's a great way to lose the kid for a couple of hours each week, haha. I love the general atmosphere and the sportsmanship that comes with the game. I love the friends I have made the oppurtunites presented to me by pokemon. :D

Back