Votes: 1 3.6%
  • terrakion EX

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • tornadus

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • none of the above

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
Beatifly DRX to boost Energy or Tornadus EX as a secondary attacker. You can use Rufflet DRX to search out Ho-Ohs to put in your hand and discard with Juniper or Ultra Ball.

Tornadus EX is a good partner, but you can have more than one Pokemon in your deck as a partner, such as Mewtwo EX or even Terrakion. Registeel EX is also an option, (Triple Laser on the first turn is pretty solid to spread around), so yeah. Those are just some ideas.

Mewtwo EX is also a nice partner, seeing as it can start attacking while you're setting up a Rebirth

I've personally had a lot of success with playing Ho-Oh EX, Terrakion (regular) and Mewtwo EX. I use Darkrai too, that way I can give things on my field free retreat. It works really nicely, covers pretty much all of the metagame.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sigilyph yet. I've actually found that to be a really annoying thing to fight against when playing against this deck. Especially Ho-Oh decks that play two.

It would definitely be a must in a Ho-Oh deck if I built it. Terrakion NV and Mewtwo would of course be staples as well just because of their types and what they give to the deck. Registeel is an option if Eels are big in your metagame, but I'm not sure I would personally put it in just because of how slow the spread is compared to the quickness of the other attackers and what they can do.

dmaster out.

I use Terrakion NV and Mewtwo EX. Both work very well. I'm considering adding Registeel or Sigilyph, but I can't decide which to choose.

hammer time! said:
virizion! covers weakness to keldeo!

Maybe as a one-of, but you really don't have to worry about Weakness. If you're playing against Keldeo, just don't get Ho-Oh out; try to attach every turn and keep a handle on where your energies are, and it really isn't that bad of a matchup.

Mora said:
hammer time! said:
virizion! covers weakness to keldeo!

Maybe as a one-of, but you really don't have to worry about Weakness. If you're playing against Keldeo, just don't get Ho-Oh out; try to attach every turn and keeo a handle on where your energies are, and it really isn't that bad of a matchup.

^ All of this. Ho-oh does fine against Keldeo as long as you avoid letting Ho-oh hit the field and use Mewtwo and Sigilpyh to their fullest extent.

Back