What Improvements to Online Features Would You Like to See in Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Recent games have pushed for more online gameplay with additions such as the GTS, Global Link, and PSS. What do you think Sun and Moon will do to improve online? What new online features could be introduced?

I think it is about time they make Wonder Battles.

Seriously, Battle Spot is nice and all, but think about a more free version of battle spot, where you can search for totally random battles. In PSS, you need to click on avatars until one agrees to battle with you. I just want them to do the same thing they did with wonder trades, and to be able to battle without the restricting rules of Battle Spot. (level 50, item clause, 3 Pokemon limitation..).

I think the GTS could definitely use an upgrade at this point. First of all, they should let you view the Summary screen for any Pokemon offered on the GTS so you can look at more details on the Pokemon such as stats, abilities, natures, etc. and can look out for obvious hacks. A better filtering system would also be appreciated, where we can set whatever level range we want (in other words, having a minimum level and maximum level entry) and use more detailed criteria like abilities and natures. Also, instead of having just the option to omit event legendaries, we should have the option to omit legendaries altogether.

I think the GTS could definitely use an upgrade at this point. First of all, they should let you view the Summary screen for any Pokemon offered on the GTS so you can look at more details on the Pokemon such as stats, abilities, natures, etc. and can look out for obvious hacks. A better filtering system would also be appreciated, where we can set whatever level range we want (in other words, having a minimum level and maximum level entry) and use more detailed criteria like abilities and natures. Also, instead of having just the option to omit event legendaries, we should have the option to omit legendaries altogether.

All of this. Also it would be nice if it filtered out impossible requests such as level 1 magmortar

1. Keep Wondertrade. It's literally the most fun I have trading since I was in elementary school and had to stick to my best buddy.

2. Better communication when trading! I know the voice chat thing is an option, but I despise using it and it doesn't work for people who aren't on your friend list. IIRC Black and White had the little icons - those were a good stepping stone and I don't know why they took them out instead of expanding on them?

Sometimes you gotta just tell a kid that you do not care how many shinies he has, but does he want to actually trade?

I really wish the GTS would block hacked Pokemon. I don't think it does that. I've seen 30+ Shiny Jirachi and Mew.
I also wish it would let you put event Pokemon in the GTS. -_- I just want a Jirachi for my Shaymin blast it

A search option for shinies would be fine as well as one for Pokémon holding items and which ones (from a list instead of havin to type the name letter by letter).

Also, I would love to see PKMarts by players, where each could have a store and trade items.

Also, I would love to see PKMarts by players, where each could have a store and trade items.
Building on this, I've always thought how well the 3DS would work with a revamped Join Avenue. Players you streetpass have their stalls built in your Join Avenue with their current wares (and vice versa), and the stall gets updated with new merchandise and prices should you streetpass them again. You could also add friends via their FCs, and maybe those stalls would have all revenue earned in that Join Avenue put back into the stall-owner's bank account in their game. Transactions could also be saved for each time two players streetpass. I just think it would be a really neat idea overall with a lot of potential, though a lot of players might ignore it, like My Castle in Fates. :p

Building on this, I've always thought how well the 3DS would work with a revamped Join Avenue. Players you streetpass have their stalls built in your Join Avenue with their current wares (and vice versa), and the stall gets updated with new merchandise and prices should you streetpass them again. You could also add friends via their FCs, and maybe those stalls would have all revenue earned in that Join Avenue put back into the stall-owner's bank account in their game. Transactions could also be saved for each time two players streetpass. I just think it would be a really neat idea overall with a lot of potential, though a lot of players might ignore it, like My Castle in Fates. :p

Oh yes, I would love to see Join Avenue again with Streetpass and Spotpass enhancements, it would be a lot more lively with those features added. I was hoping to see that in Z, but it doesn't look like Z will be a thing, so IDK when they'd do it. I'm a bit skeptical we'd see it in SM though, it doesn't seem to fit the tone of Alola which is more of a natural environment than an urban one.

Also, the latest update confirms a new online feature, you can now host your own tournaments through Global Link with customizable rules. The options are as follows:

Name- The name of the tournament
Description- The description for the tournament
Rules- Singles or Doubles
Pokedex- Alola Dex or National Dex
Restrictions- Whether or not Pokemon transferred through Bank are allowed
Timer- 10 minutes or 30 minutes
Battles per day- How many battles per day are allowed
Competition Type- Public or Private
Participating Trainers- Everyone or specified trainers

Last edited:

It is worth noting that in the recent Hyper Training news, the place where Hyper Training can be done has a strong resemblance to Join Avenue
hypertraining1.jpg join10.png JoinAvenue04.jpg
Not only do the floor tiles seem familiar, but the surroundings do as well. Especially with how close the shops seem.

Looking closely you can see the most obvious sign - the sign.

The sign seen for Hyper Training eerily matches that of the Join Avenue signs in colour and layout.

Another notable thing is the potential restaurant on the left-hand side. This is definitely a mid-level restaurant.

On top of this - Trainer Classes can be seen as members of these shops, rather than store clerks.

On the right-hand side we see this specifically! It's likely that the old men are Managers of these shops and their outfits are themed accordingly. The right-hand side is potentially that "treasure" shop that gives you random daily boxes of items. Either Join Avenue has returned - or something similar in convenience has taken it's place.

Last edited:
Back