What If 4Kids Got Pokemon Back?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
We know 4Kids doesn't dub Pokemon anymore but they used to. Do you think there's a chance they could dub it again and make it as good as the Old Episodes especially the Soundtrack...

Cartoon Network is a much better fit. They wouldn't get it back no matter what.

Pokemon should only stay on Cartoon Network. I was never happy with 4Kids, since they would edit the content to an extent where watching the Japanese version would be much better. Also Yu-Gi-Oh! sued the company, so I don't think Pokemon will be going back to 4Kids.

I would kill myself that's what. I would take a knife to my throat.
Pokemon was never right with 4kids and it made all these terrible stereotypes that make the local community (at least where I live) frown upon the older audience liking Pokemon. Whereas if the cartoon was better handled like it is now, I hesitate to say, I think that stereotype won't have existed.

Hate to say this this way but Gotta say it. Screw CN because they have horrible scheduling and can't keep a decent schedule at all. I am surprised CN is still airing it because the show keeps ghetting moved every 3 to 6 months. The WB never moved it for like 4 years solid before they got new shows from 3-5 PM It used to be on at 4 PM to 5PM and that stayed for a long time. I have stopped watching it on CN for this reason and now watch it online. Online I can watch it whenever I want XD.:)

I just watch the subs tbh. It must've been years since I heard Ash speak English.

Card Slinger J said:
We know 4Kids doesn't dub Pokemon anymore but they used to. Do you think there's a chance they could dub it again and make it as good as the Old Episodes especially the Soundtrack...

What's 4kids?

XieRH said:
I just watch the subs tbh. It must've been years since I heard Ash speak English.

I know dude, Pokemon USA butchered the English Dub compared to how
great 4Kids did to it in terms of the Soundtrack and Background music. The Black & White Opening is so horrible I have to try to skip it just to watch the episode. Would it kill them just to use the Japanese Music
for the Openings and Credits instead of using poorly made English Dub Music Openings?

Shadic said:
Card Slinger J said:

What's 4kids?

A TV station.

Card Slinger J said:
how great 4Kids did to it in terms of the Soundtrack and Background music.

I dunno. OP-wise I never really liked anything beyond the first Pokemon Theme by Jason Paige.

But anyway the music isn't the reason why I forego the dub, it's my own anime watching habits, I've always gone for subs. To be fair I never really liked a lot of the OPs from the original Japanese version either. There's probably like 3 or 4 of them songs in total that I can honestly say I like (Battle Frontier, Saikou Everyday, er... Advance Adventure I think...) I have battle frontier, saikou everyday and chiisaki mono (from the Jiirachi movie) in my music library, that's all... so yeah for me it's definitely not about the music.

The western dubbers could keep the whole music intact and I'd still watch only subs.

glaceon said:
Shadic said:
Card Slinger J said:

What's 4kids?

A TV station.

Actually 4kids takes care of localizing foreign shows, or making them more suitable for being aired on TV. (this includes editing the music, script, and animation) WB (when the station existed) was the TV station that it was aired on prior to CN.

Honestly I don't think 4kids would be doing that much better of a job than Nintendo is now. Everything beyond season 1 (and season 2 to a point) suffered from the plot dragging to begin with, and on top of that so was the humor. As for the music, I really can't tell. (I only really watch the movies now)

Now as for 4kids ever getting Pokemon back...it won't happen. Even considering the possibility of Nintendo reconsidering, with 4kids failing (and it is) and them getting sued for the situation with Yu-gi-oh! the chance of them getting back the license is a likely as getting struck be lightning 3 times while standing sideways.
Whatever reason Nintendo had for leaving 4kids to begin with, it's small cupcakes compared to the 10 foot tall fail cake 4kids has now.

Shadic said:
Still doesn't ring a bell, so okay.

They dubbed the horrible first run of One Piece (think the One Piece Rap), they also have dubbed all of Yu-Gi-Oh! up till this point. They dubbed Pokemon up until Battle Frontier about 5 years ago.

So much hate. Mmm, haterade.

But seriously, who cares? As has been stated, 4kids aren't gonna get a second chance, and I for one don't care.

No.Cartoon Network is indeed a much better suit than 4kids.
I would much rather watch the original Japanese dub than 4kids' horrid rendition...

I would love to have the original Voice actors and maybe the original writers back but i would want it to stay on CN, 4kids edited Pokemon way to much.

Back