What happed at your States Championship?

Arcanine 274

=/
Since most everyone has probably finished their State Championships, what deck did you run, tell what place you finished, and what type of deck won your division (if you won your division, state what deck you played against in the top 2).

I played: Zap-Turn-Dos
I came in 3rd in 11-14 in OK states.
I didn't see which deck won my division (it doesn't say on the organized play website either) but it was against Gengar LM and Scizorgross, and I think Scizorgross probably won. I lost to the Gengar, though.

Arcanine out.

Our states is next week. I'll see how I go since i'm not playing the deck which I thought I would be playing. Should be a surprise to some of our league members since they think i'm play one of 2 decks, which I may pr may not be playing :p

well,mine deck is:heavyburn deck.
i came in second.The first round,i face a boy using ZRE.WOW!he got a rayquaza*!but my deck didn't have an ex!hahaha!the second round,i face METANITE!he got 4 metagross and 4 dragonites!but i was lucky because we still have only 1 prize left each!the third round i beat a rocklock deck!but the last round,i met a deck that has never seen before,a dark deck!the deck has 4 dark dragonites and 4 dark tyranitars,and many good trainers!i lose the last round!

Well. I played Dragtrode. California State Championships.
I finished 8th out of 100 people in the 15+ age group.
Round 1- lost to a Metanite deck. (Horrible hand)
Round 2- won against a Dark Tyrannitar/Dark Sandlash/Pidgeot. (Domination)
Round 3- won against a Ludicargo deck.
Round 4- lost to a Meganium ex/Mew ex deck. (Horrible hand)
Round 5- won against a Dark Electrode/Dark Muk deck (Domination)
Round 6- lost to William Hung's deck (POW! Block)Very close, 1 prize left.
They cut down to the top 32, I was 32nd (SIGH!)
I have to face someone that was undefeated.
Top 32 (Round 7) won against a Dustox ex deck. That guy was so mad.
Top 16 (Round 8) won against ? No clue what he was playing, all I saw was Pidgeotto vs Dark Electrode.
Top 8 (Round 9) loss to a Zap-Turn-Dos deck. I had 1 prize left. (Dang)

I played Zap-turn-dos too, but the 60 after I knocked out the gengar and desert ruins, combined with a cruddy hand killed me. The Meganium ex/Mew ex deck, I don't know if you know, won Nevada States.

Arcanine out.

Yes, I did know about the Meganium ex/Mew ex deck winning Nevada States. Did you know that ZRE and Zap-Turn-Dos decks did not win any state championships?

Looks like almost everyone play archetype decks exept for andyman
I'm from belgium and I think belgium itself is smaller then most states :)
So we have regional chapionships, I'm going to the one in brussels(belgium's capital city) tomorrow I'll be playing with my deck that features houndoom and feraligatr
wish me luck :)

cyao

I played at MI states with a Dark T-Tar deck. I got 9th place in 11-14. =(
Round 1: Won Against MetaNite.
Round 2: Lost to Haryiama ex in a few turns(weakness)
Round 3: Lost to LBS (he made me shuffle my Smooth Overs)
Round 4: Lost to Full Flame (I hate coin flips)
Round 5: Lost to Arcanine ex (No T-Tars)

Gotta do better at Gym Challenge

i got 4 in my cc in sacramento i was 5-1 the person that i lost to had a deoxys deck which i should of won but did something stupid. was playing a blastoise deck which won a lot of unexpected battles. still it was fun.

I need to check my POP ranking again to find out what place i was in, but a Top 8'd at IN with my T2 Arcanine EX variant. We did a Top 16 cut (which actually hurt me). Rock Lock, LSB, Machamp, and Eeveelutions were all also in T8 there.

LSB won. But I never lost to one. :)

Yes I did know that Zap-turn-dos did not win any state championships, but it did last year Just like Dragtrode, which won 2 tournaments in 15+ this year. I'm guessing where you got the information saying that Zapdos didn't win any tournaments is from Pojo-Hung's report, but he did not say anything about 11-14 and 10- since he didn't say anything about what won those tournaments. just telling ya, so who knows?

Arcanine out.

I played Tyranitar EX at the North Carolina State Championship.
Round 1:{LOST} T2 RK9 EX(I had nothing). We played again and I wasted her.
Round 2:{WIN} I'm not sure(completely destroyed the deck).
Round 3:{WIN} Feraligatr ex/Blastoise ex/Charizard ex(just beat it)
Round 4:{WIN} Tyroot(They had no cards at all! I kept knocking out all of their Pidgeotto's and Quilava's). This was the person who won WORLDS 2005.
Round 5:{LOST} Dragtrode(This was just like the RK9 game, I had nothing set up except 2 Pidgey's).

I finished 12th in the 11-14. It was my first State and I don't thin I did bad. All of my losses were because of HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE set ups.

Because I suck so horribly bad, I came in 12 out of 19... you can throw the tomatoes...

With my UF eeveelutions,

1 (won) some Blaziken deck
2 (lost) LBS
3 (won) Ludicargo with Liability
4 (lost) EX eeveelutions (why have my minions turned on me?)
5 (lost) Mightyena DS ( I was too anxious to pay attention)

1st round: Lost to a Politoed EX because he threw Fossils at me while using Pidgeot's Quick search and rare candies, I drew nothing but Ghastlys, I lost
2nd Round: I played better and was taken out by her first Pokemon, a Larvitar that became a Dark Tyrannitar and overwhelmed since my Gengar lost his Resistance to her Earth type Pupitar and was MURDERED by the Dark Half, I lost
3rd Round: My Blastoise EX POUNDED it's way through my opponent until a Scizor EX came out with nothing but metals and murdered Blastoise EX, I lost
4th Round: I one flawlessly using Gengar and Blastoise EX
I left after that

Back