Fun What Effect / Ability Needs to Go?

It would be much more appreciated if Wally could evolve Pokemon up to Stage 2 instead of being an overglorified Evosoda. Archie and Maxie have very strict limitations, and other types don't really have any way to get their Stage 2 Pokemon out quickly, which is especially distressing when you got some Stage 2s with BREAK Evolutions.

Honestly, I feel like decks that burn through your deck turn one need to be nerfed. I know a lot of people like night march/vespiquen decks but when you can basically win your match on turn one wheres the fun in that? I suggest limiting the amount of cards you can draw per turn or limiting the number of times you can play a certain card per turn like only being able to play one battle compressor per turn or something to that effect that would make dealing with these decks actually possible since LTC got banned. I also feel like item lock is a huge problem for the game, being unable to play for the most part excluding a few decks here and there about 50% of your deck is completely debilitating. I would like to see where they changed it from not being able to play your items, to where it turns them into supporters. This way you still have the upper hand, which in my opinion would add more strategy to the game by forcing you to think about what you need more instead of forcing your opponent to Sycamore away for the most part the focus of their deck. I know I probably sound like a sore loser or something but when I first got into competitive play my first deck was Seismitoad Slurpuff and I hated it because it took all the fun out of the game a it made me feel as if my opponent wanted to punch me in the face, sheesh I wanted to punch myself in the face, if I wanted to play solitaire I would have stayed at home and it completely takes all the strategy out of the game to me. I know these kind of cards are so much of a staple in today's game but by making these few changes I feel like it would make stage 2 pokemon viable again, it would open up so many more options for deck building that way there wouldn't be the same three decks winning every competition.

It would be much more appreciated if Wally could evolve Pokemon up to Stage 2 instead of being an overglorified Evosoda. Archie and Maxie have very strict limitations, and other types don't really have any way to get their Stage 2 Pokemon out quickly, which is especially distressing when you got some Stage 2s with BREAK Evolutions.

1) The point of Wally is to be an improved Evosoda; trade your Supporter for the turn in exchange for breaking the rules about Evolution!

2) Wally can snag Stage 2 Pokémon, it just requires you use it on a Stage 1.

3) Thanks for reminding me: Archie's Ace in the Hole/Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick really need to go. Yes they allow a lot more Stage 2 cards to be competitive... by breaking them. -_- Not all of course, but the ones that have now become truly competitive either a) were overpowered in the first place (so speeding them up makes it worse) b) were designed to be balanced (even if they really weren't balanced) by having to at least go Basic (wait a turn) => Rare Candy into Stage 2. Cutting out lower Stages doesn't seem to balance the game; in fact quite the opposite.

Of course, I also think that the reason lower Stages drag things down is because of design choices, making some Basics too fast while the vast majority are there are a placeholder, contributing nothing. Now... if you (or anyone else) really wants things to be faster hey, I just explained why I think it is a bad idea and if you don't agree, you don't agree. ;)

1) The point of Wally is to be an improved Evosoda; trade your Supporter for the turn in exchange for breaking the rules about Evolution!

2) Wally can snag Stage 2 Pokémon, it just requires you use it on a Stage 1.

3) Thanks for reminding me: Archie's Ace in the Hole/Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick really need to go. Yes they allow a lot more Stage 2 cards to be competitive... by breaking them. -_- Not all of course, but the ones that have now become truly competitive either a) were overpowered in the first place (so speeding them up makes it worse) b) were designed to be balanced (even if they really weren't balanced) by having to at least go Basic (wait a turn) => Rare Candy into Stage 2. Cutting out lower Stages doesn't seem to balance the game; in fact quite the opposite.

Of course, I also think that the reason lower Stages drag things down is because of design choices, making some Basics too fast while the vast majority are there are a placeholder, contributing nothing. Now... if you (or anyone else) really wants things to be faster hey, I just explained why I think it is a bad idea and if you don't agree, you don't agree. ;)

You see, the thing about Archie and Maxie is that you need to fully dedicate to it if you want it to be even half-consistent. The only decks that can really pull it off in Standard play nowadays, barring rogues, are Yveltal-EX decks and M Manectric decks. Now, if it was Expanded, I'd agree due to Pokemon like Deluge Blastoise and that Archeops that blocks evolutions. In Standard, the only worthwhile Archie/Maxie targets now are Premonition Gallade, the future Garchomp in the next set, and Ancient Trait Swampert. If we really want to go into it, we can say that Korrina can cause the same jump that I wish Wally could perform (creating the instant jump from Basic to Stage 2), but that requires investments in Rare Candies, which eats up deck space, and is a Fighting exclusive strategy due to the limitations of Korrina. Even if Basics had a way to instantly jump to Stage 2 with only 1 card, they would still be too slow between the EXs, Maxie's Gallade, Basic sniping Bats, and Night March in general.

Garbotoxin... Way too easy to pull up 2nd turn (1st with Wally). And there's no great counter to it either! Silent Only affects basics. Wobb affects everything EXCEPT psychic types. Hex maniac can remove Garbotixon for a turn but it's useless since it just does the same thing Garbotixin did before it was removed.
The only good counter would be Xerosic or Startling Megaphone. Megaphone won't work if you're facing Garbotoad. Xerosic would work but how are you going o get it out with no ability draw? Well, facing Garbtoad you can't Battle Compressor+VS Seeker and if you use a draw supporter or Skyla, you can't use Xerosic.

We also need a new way to get stage two Pokemon out. It's just too hard and (almost) can't compete with basic Pokemon decks. If you want Archie or Maxie your deck needs to be fully dedicated to getting the consistency. Grass types are easy but what stage 2 grass types do we have in this format? Umm... Vileplume... And umm... no one else.
We need 1 of 2 things...
1. Broken Time Space reprint. Might be too op but I like it and can actually make Stage Two's playable
2. Rare candy in stadium form. Basically just skip Stage one+The basic can move to stage two first turn.

We have too many coin flips. I don't like flip to win type of cards. Crushing hammer for example, can make or break (no pun intended) the game. I just don't like it at all.

Back