BW/BW2 What do you think will the new exclusive/enhanced feature for the Dsi be?

typhlonruxs said:
I think they may put in downloadable content or possibly something to do with the camera. I know this is kind of off subject but do you think if they put in a palpark for gba again maybe this feature on the dsi is to make sure that u still get your moneys worth.
(good thing i have a ds lite and dsi)

I think there won't be a pal park for this reason: You can already migrate to DPPtHGSS and then trade them over(possibly) and the main thing is that there will probably be 3rd gen remakes for this generation and it'd be pointless to be able to migrate from RSE and be able to trade from the remakes as well.

Meaty said:
I think there won't be a pal park for this reason: You can already migrate to DPPtHGSS and then trade them over(possibly) and the main thing is that there will probably be 3rd gen remakes for this generation and it'd be pointless to be able to migrate from RSE and be able to trade from the remakes as well.

I totally forgot about the RSE remakes.

...Wait, will they be for the DS, also? Or for the "3DS" and the backwards compatibility is for B&W?

Because having Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Gray (possibly?), Ruby Remake and Sapphire Remake all on one console is kind of over-doing it if you ask me...

I'm curious Nintendo's next move...

Well they're uncomfirmed but a 3rd game and R/S remakes are highly likely looking back at other generations. FYI the 3DS was proven an April Fool's joke, but Nintendo oughta make a new handheld system already, and it's possible that the likley 3rd game and/or R/S remakes will be on it.

I don't think the 3DS was confirmed as April Fool's. I've seen nothing of the sort. If it was, please show ;o

Anyhow, this is what will most likely inevitably happen. Black and White are made for the normal DS, as we know will happen (with whatever special features for the DSi). Then, the 3DS will be released late this year/next year. By the time it becomes time for the 3rd game (Scarlet, Gray, or Crimson) to be made, the normal DS will have died in terms of sale and games being made and will have been replaced with the next generation of handheld - the 3DS. So, the 3rd game will be made specifically for the 3DS, boasting popping and crisp 3D graphics, as opposed to the first two for the normal DS.

As you can see, this is a good marketing move. Most of the time, the 3rd game only has minor story changes and a few perks - not too much to merit buying, if you already have one of the first two. Now if the 3rd game is redone with completely revamped graphics, there will be more of a reason (at least at first glance) to buy it.

Oh and if they do decide to remake R/S, it'll be on the 3DS as well.

It has long been announced, dude.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/03/nintendo-3ds-announced

Anyway, maybe something with the DSi Camera or something like that. :eek:

dmaster out.

rockinpikachu said:
I think they may put in downloadable content or possibly something to do with the camera. I know this is kind of off subject but do you think if they put in a palpark for gba again maybe this feature on the dsi is to make sure that u still get your moneys worth.
(good thing i have a ds lite and dsi)
I agree with you.That must have something to do with the camera and istead of taking pokemon in pokemon events they could be DLC

dmaster said:
It has long been announced, dude.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/03/nintendo-3ds-announced

Anyway, maybe something with the DSi Camera or something like that. :eek:

dmaster out.

Yes, doesn't this show that the 3DS was NOT an April Fool's Joke?

Other than the fact that it wasn't even announced on April first XD

Claus you bring up a good point. I normally don't buy the third version (only Yellow and Crystal), but if they made it the first Pokemon game for a new handheld I'd definitely give it a try.

Maybe you could use the DSi Shop Channel to purchase additional content or download events?

Due to the success in DLC micro transactions in countless other games I would not be surprised to see something like that integrated into this generation. Whether that is for better or for worse will be hard to say till the game actually comes out.

Another major possibility is definitely implementation the camera. Now personally I pray to God that that doesn't happen, which is unfortunately unlikely, so I hope it is more so a side gimmick that can just be ignored.

Redneck said:
Yes, doesn't this show that the 3DS was NOT an April Fool's Joke?

Other than the fact that it wasn't even announced on April first XD

That was the point of the link. The 3DS has been confirmed, so that dispels any people saying that it's not coming out.

dmaster out.

STEREOCHILD said:
Due to the success in DLC micro transactions in countless other games I would not be surprised to see something like that integrated into this generation. Whether that is for better or for worse will be hard to say till the game actually comes out.

Another major possibility is definitely implementation the camera. Now personally I pray to God that that doesn't happen, which is unfortunately unlikely, so I hope it is more so a side gimmick that can just be ignored.
I have that NERF armor on my DSi, so keeping the camera out in the open will be very difficult.

I want to see the camera on the DSi being used. I don't know how, but it would be cool. We definetly need 3D graphics. As already shown, B/W will have 3D worlds. Will the DSi deliver? Heres a link:Looksey's Line-Up

This DSiware game uses the camera to display 3D worlds within the DSi console. Although the game looks stupid,(Looksey's Line Up, what the heck?) B/W may use the same feature.

I believe the Nintendo 3DS will come out because in the JUNE 2010 issue of Nintendo Power, a footnote says that the Nintendo 3DS will be announced at E3. The JUNE 2010 issue. Although the magazine does say that Nintendo recently announced the 3DS, It is the June issue. I look forward to the days when 3D glasses are no longer necessary.

Back to the topic, I think the enhanced feature of the DSi will have a GBA cartridge slot. That is the only reason I haven't bought the DSi. And, the new DSi will be able to take videos. Another reason I haven't bought the DSi.

This is a little bit out there, but wouldn't it be at least a little bit cooler if the new DSi was triangular shaped, with a screen at each point? And all of them were touch screens?

Back to the topic, I think the enhanced feature of the DSi will have a GBA cartridge slot. That is the only reason I haven't bought the DSi. And, the new DSi will be able to take videos. Another reason I haven't bought the DSi. But the major improvement I'd want is both screens to be touch screens. <NO!!!

WPA support, microtransactions, enhanced graphics for DSies, and tons of useless features.

SD Card. Let us take screenshots (WHENEVER WE WANT?) and save them onto the SD card.
Please.

(Also, Pokémon games when played on the DSi can already connect to WPA networks (mine can, at least), so that's not it.)

Probably just "take a picture with your Pokemon", maybe new frames/ masks or whatever they're called for the camera.

I do think that the ability to transfer Pokemon onto your DSi's memory and then into another game would be pretty cool!

Back