Collecting What do you do when buying a booster box?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi people,

The motive of this thread is just to know if I'm the only crazy man who does what I'm about to tell you...

I am a very beginner collector. Approximately 2 months ago I bought my first booster box (Ultra Prism), but I decided to open the packs slowly, very slowly... It was a Friday when I bought that box and opened it, just to open only one pack. From then, I'm opening only one pack every Friday afternoon when I get back from work. So if I open one pack per week, and considering the 36 packs in the box, my last pack will be opened about 8 months away from the first one. Yes, I consider myself a very patient person :p.

I know the majority of you will think "you are crazy, it makes no sense having the packs closed!". But it does make sense for me. Every time I see my box there in my bedroom, I wish that Friday arrives, and when it does, those 15 minutes of the opening (I'm slow when opening the pack too) are epic, the best moment of the week.

So, my question is the following... Do you do something similar when you buy a booster box?

Hi people,

The motive of this thread is just to know if I'm the only crazy man who does what I'm about to tell you...

I am a very beginner collector. Approximately 2 months ago I bought my first booster box (Ultra Prism), but I decided to open the packs slowly, very slowly... It was a Friday when I bought that box and opened it, just to open only one pack. From then, I'm opening only one pack every Friday afternoon when I get back from work. So if I open one pack per week, and considering the 36 packs in the box, my last pack will be opened about 8 months away from the first one. Yes, I consider myself a very patient person :p.

I know the majority of you will think "you are crazy, it makes no sense having the packs closed!". But it does make sense for me. Every time I see my box there in my bedroom, I wish that Friday arrives, and when it does, those 15 minutes of the opening (I'm slow when opening the pack too) are epic, the best moment of the week.

So, my question is the following... Do you do something similar when you buy a booster box?
You should open them on monday so it isn't the worst day of the week

monday is bad, but if you open a pack it will raise your spirits.

No, I buy a case and then rip into it until either the packs are open or my hand cramps up. One a week would drive me nuts!

Back