GSC What Did You Get Out of the Odd Egg?

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
I recently picked up my old Crystal game and began playing it on my GameBoy Color. I found it to be loads of fun and have been enjoying myself tremendously. After getting to the DayCare, I remembered the man who gives you the Odd Egg, so I saved my game before I received the egg becuase of the significantly increased chance of a shiny Pokemon, something which I was not aware of when I was younger. I have been feeling a bit under the weather, so I decided to try my luck at getting a shiny.

First egg: Smoochum. (Fail)
Second egg: Igglybuff (Fail)
On the third egg, I was greeted by an Elekid. I was almost certain it wasn't shiny, but I remembered that both forms look very similar, so I just decided to check for the heck of it. And, lo and behold, it was shiny.

So, what did y'all get out of the Egg? Something like a Smoochum, or a coveted shiny Pokemon?

Chrono, because your thread addresses an egg only available in Crystal version, I've moved it to the Gen II discussion forum.

--------

On another note, I actually never hatched a shiny out of the odd egg, but I do recall receiving Elekid and Cleffa. To be honest, when I was in the prime of generation 2 all those years ago, I didn't even know about shinies, lol. I mean I've replayed Crystal many times since and still didn't know about the egg's shiny chances...wonder what rock I've been living under.

Elite Stride said:
Chrono, because your thread addresses an egg only available in Crystal version, I've moved it to the Gen II discussion forum.

--------

On another note, I actually never hatched a shiny out of the odd egg, but I do recall receiving Elekid and Cleffa. To be honest, when I was in the prime of generation 2 all those years ago, I didn't even know about shinies, lol. I mean I've replayed Crystal many times since and still didn't know about the egg's shiny chances...wonder what rock I've been living under.
I didn't know until recently. I guess that the reason it is not that well known is because by the time people had really figured out about the increased chance of shinies, everyone had already played through the game or Gen 3 was out.

Elite Stride said:
didn't know about the egg's shiny chances...wonder what rock I've been living under.

Excuse me, this my rock. Go find your own, please and thank you.
For the three times I've played through Crystal, I only got one or two shinies from them. I didn't really care about them back then, because I didn't even know they existed. I was 8 years old at the time, so I was an arrogant gamer.

First time through Crystal, I got a Cleffa, but when I restarted the game, I SRed for a Pichu since Crystal doesn't really have many good Electric types.

Back