Help What decks you do expect to be good from cec?

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
The title should make it obvious. What decks do you guys think will be good that revolve around cards from cosmic eclipse? Can be any format, just please no stuff that’s “winning tournaments in japan”.
And by revolve around cards from cosmic eclipse, I don’t mean current decks that get upgraded with those cards.

Right now, I can’t think of much besides reshirom (and GuzzNaga!), but maybe I haven’t thought enough yet. IMO cec is pretty underwhelming.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I've seen Silvally/Volcarona thrown around the beach, it looks like it'll be at least a decent deck.

I also really like Excadrill, but sadly it probably won't be that good :(

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
I've seen Silvally/Volcarona thrown around the beach, it looks like it'll be at least a decent deck.

I also really like Excadrill, but sadly it probably won't be that good :(

The problem with Excadrill is Bellalba & Brycen-Man (or whatever it's called). But that's just like it was with Vesqiqueen and NM back when Oricorio was released: if you don't face them in a tournament (which can easily happen), it can still take a good place.

I'm waiting for Alolan Ninetales (Dust Storm). Hitting both ADP and ReshiRom for weakness (and for and extent, ReshiZard with Frost Rotom) seems really interesting. And you have Fairy Charms to put things worse to stuff like PikaRom.

For expanded I want to get 4 Ultra Necrozma. That thing is gonna be insane with Garbodor and Silent Lab.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, I never considered ninetales. That could be busted, you’d just need a backup attacker or two and some anti deckout

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Actually, I never considered ninetales. That could be busted, you’d just need a backup attacker or two and some anti deckout

For anti-deckout you have the new Poke Doll, and as a back up you can use any Rotom from Ultraprism/Forbiden Light

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
You can also use suicune gx for anti deckout. But i was thinking a fire attacker and then some fire energy and welder as a backup attacker, like heatran gx. Since they only rotoms that helps is frost rotom.

Last edited:

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
In expanded, Naganadel and Guzzlord looks stellar when paired with four Exeggcute. Run Battle compressor to seek them out, then heal.
240 every turn. Only way to stop the Ultra beast will be hitting for weakness or one shotting it.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
In expanded, Naganadel and Guzzlord looks stellar when paired with four Exeggcute. Run Battle compressor to seek them out, then heal.
240 every turn. Only way to stop the Ultra beast will be hitting for weakness or one shotting it.
It's a once per turn ability

Nyora

A Cat
It's a once per turn ability
Even if it wasn’t once per turn, you’d only need 1 Egg do to it all. Probably 2, so you have 1 in case of prize, but yeah, that’d be dummy good xD. Just kidding, OHKOs are a thing. You’d never get to use it. It may as well be as often as you like in expanded.

Ultra Necrozma sounds really nice in Expanded, but I’m not 100% sold on it yet. Both with Alolan Muk and Garbodor, with 4 Silent Lab, it hasn’t been as good as I want it to be. Archies can still fight if they go first, second too if blower/stadium, and not being able to OHKO vs. that deck is a gigantic yikes. Sure they can’t use mewmew, but they can Cross Divide your Trubbish (though only like 2) or kill with like Palkia GX.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
By the way, feel free to post decklists for ideas you have! I’m still making a list for guzznaga.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
ADP(Arceus Dialga Palkia) looks like it could be a contender with Keldeo GX. Keldeo GX is already good in this metagame, and it gets better hitting 140 damage. That 110 damage was a bit underwhelming. I'm looking forward to really play with it against meta stuff.

arsomartinera

Aspiring Trainer
For me, since I started (a few weeks) I read the conversations Pokémon TCG forums (not only online), I look a little decks who walk in IRL tournaments and I try to be inspired in TCGO. For the moment I do not have 3 tons of pokémons EX but it works rather well.

From what I've seen, at the moment the decks are often composed in this way: about thirty cards trainers, a dozen energies, the rest of pokémons.

At the moment I'm on a Combat / Steel deck, I like it but I think it goes a little more in all directions. Let me explain : emi calculator gst login ifsc code

The pillars of my deck are

- Lucario EX (x2) + Mega Lucario EX
- Exagide EX (x2)

Lucario has the advantage of being able to attack quickly and allow me to draw; even if his maximum damage (being not Mega) is at 100, I can increase his power without too much difficulty with special enhanced combat energies (+20 up to 3 times), headband muscle (+20), stage fight (+20 against ex pokemon) that I draw with his attack at 60 or with the supporter Cornelia.

Last edited:

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
For me, since I started (a few weeks) I read the conversations Pokémon TCG forums (not only online), I look a little decks who walk in IRL tournaments and I try to be inspired in TCGO. For the moment I do not have 3 tons of pokémons EX but it works rather well.

From what I've seen, at the moment the decks are often composed in this way: about thirty cards trainers, a dozen energies, the rest of pokémons.

At the moment I'm on a Combat / Steel deck, I like it but I think it goes a little more in all directions. Let me explain :

The pillars of my deck are

- Lucario EX (x2) + Mega Lucario EX
- Exagide EX (x2)

Lucario has the advantage of being able to attack quickly and allow me to draw; even if his maximum damage (being not Mega) is at 100, I can increase his power without too much difficulty with special enhanced combat energies (+20 up to 3 times), headband muscle (+20), stage fight (+20 against ex pokemon) that I draw with his attack at 60 or with the supporter Cornelia.
You do realize this thread is about the new cards from Cosmic Eclipse right?

If you want to talk about your deck you should make your own separate thread about it

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
ADP(Arceus Dialga Palkia) looks like it could be a contender with Keldeo GX. Keldeo GX is already good in this metagame, and it gets better hitting 140 damage. That 110 damage was a bit underwhelming. I'm looking forward to really play with it against meta stuff.

Yes! That’s what I’m also expecting on SM12, I normally see those triple Keldeo GX decks here often as soon as Mewtwo got more accessible so ADP could be a nice boost for this deck. My other guess is Reshikrom, I’ve been hearing a lot of “270 damage every turn” lately, maybe even more Gardevoir Sylveon could appear with those powerful dragons in vogue?

Would Mewtwo Tag be in danger with all those new ways to counter it? Or even, more versatile alternatives on Mewtwo deck?

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Malamar and Pidgeotto Control are my top contenders.

I can see people running Beheeyem with the Lillie's Poke Dolls. Not sure HOW effective that deck isn, but ptobably good in Cups when the first set becomes legal and it's pure chaos

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Malamar and Pidgeotto Control are my top contenders.

I can see people running Beheeyem with the Lillie's Poke Dolls. Not sure HOW effective that deck isn, but ptobably good in Cups when the first set becomes legal and it's pure chaos
Beheeyem was not good in league cups because it takes too long to win games in Bo1