Discussion What Deck Should I Play?

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Yo guys I have finally figured out the truth, I play way to many standard decks and I want to hear your input on which one is the best. so here's a list of all the decks I can build:

Gardevoir GX (Regular Gardy)

Broken Voir (Gardy with 4x max potion)

Sylveon GX/Gardevoir GX (Havent tested this yet)

Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX (I like this a lot it's pretty consistent, List in deck Garage)

Zoroark GX Golisopod GX (Fast and fun can post list in deck garage if needed)

Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX (One of my favorite decks, takes a lot of skill to win List in deck garage)

Zoroark GX/Umbreon GX (A fun Rouge deck that I can build)

Passimian (Just need one more ULP Passimian to build this: ()

Volcanion EX (Just need 1 more Max elixir)

Turbo Turtles (Again need 1 more Max Elixir)

Alolan Ninetales GX (Haven't tested this but might be fun)

Alolan Ninetales GX/Zoroark GX (Haven't tested this either but could be fun)

Zoroark GX/Weavile (just need 1 more ULP Weavile for this and more devoured fields)

Metagross GX (a lot of fun but sucks when you play against Volcanion or Ho-Oh)

Metagross GX/Zoroark GX (Sounds gimmicky and it is, but is a lot of fun and is like Metagross that uses Zoroark as draw support)

Golisopod GX/Garbodor (Has been doing good lately and might be fun to play again)

Whew I think that's about it and any input would be great and right now I'm playing Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX and has been quiet a bit of fun. I also might have a league cup and I know that there will be a BuzzGarb there so I want to play something that could counter that.

Thanks in advance,

-Biff the Potato

Golisopod GX/Garbodor, I have been liking these Garbodor decks. I have been testing that deck on PTCGO.

I might try that out again, I used to play this after worlds and didn’t do to well with it but I’m better now and don’t have to worry about rotation. :)

Okay, I'm about to go off on my usual spiel about comfort picks, because that's the way I play. Here goes nothing.

I would say play whatever you feel comfortable with. Play the funner deck, the one that you feel good playing. It makes it easier to come back and keep playing when you have a deck you look forward to playing. I know it's not good for people who try to keep with the ever-changing meta, but I personally like doing it. I'm by no means a competitive player (I don't play tournaments). However, I've been going for a while now. From my experience, playing stuff you're comfortable with is best. If you know your deck well enough, you can outplay a lot of people. I've beaten modern competitive players using stuff like Fairy Box and Ray Eels, which either were never meta or haven't been meta since 2013. I'm not a god. I just play them a lot.

Obviously, for Standard, you can't play a deck for years to become comfortable with it. I would recommend just picking one deck that you feel good with, though, and play that, unless you get incredibly bored of it. I'd say being able to know a deck well enough that you can play it even under pressure is a good goal.

I realize that that might have just been useless advice, so here's a bit more. Metagross/Zoroark looks good.

Cool I might play Zoroark/Gardy, Zoroark/Decidueye, or Zoroark/Golisopod then seeing as I’m the most comfortable with them.

i'd for sure stick to something with zoroark in it. im partial to zoroark golisopod but thats just me

id go with volc
it top cut in st luis
it basically top cuts at every tournament
people generally don't plan against it
it has a good fighting matchup (buzzwole variants)
maybe I'm just biased
cuz volc is my main dec
but i have some success with it
so yea

Yeah I seem to be the best with Zoroark decks :), but I also do kinda want to play ZoroPod as well because it's fast, the final choices are:

Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX (Have been testing this, I think it's great)

Some Gardevoir variant (Gardy is great when set up)

Zoroark GX/Golisopod GX (SUPER FAST!!!)

Volcanoin or Turbo Turtles (if I can get a fourth max elixir, traded 1 away for puzzles)

Golisopod GX/Garbodor (Might build somebody's list that did well)

Zoroark GX/Alolan Ninetales GX (I think this could be decent but not really)

Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX (Already got first at league Challenge with this)

Passimian (Has a great spot in the current format being able to hit weakness but I need one more ULP Passimian)

Which one of these is the best in your opinion???

Yeah I seem to be the best with Zoroark decks :), but I also do kinda want to play ZoroPod as well because it's fast, the final choices are:

Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX (Have been testing this, I think it's great)

Some Gardevoir variant (Gardy is great when set up)

Zoroark GX/Golisopod GX (SUPER FAST!!!)

Volcanoin or Turbo Turtles (if I can get a fourth max elixir, traded 1 away for puzzles)

Golisopod GX/Garbodor (Might build somebody's list that did well)

Zoroark GX/Alolan Ninetales GX (I think this could be decent but not really)

Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX (Already got first at league Challenge with this)

Passimian (Has a great spot in the current format being able to hit weakness but I need one more ULP Passimian)

Which one of these is the best in your opinion???

Playing in the standard format, zoroark gx is definitely the way to go. Just looking at all the meta decks, most of them contain a zoroark gx, if not they've got octillery or oranguru for draw support. Personally I wouldn't have counted out zoroark/weavile deck out, as most decks utilise an ability or 2 and the prize trade is always beneficial for you.

I'd go with zoroark gx/weavile, zoroark gx/gpod gxor zoroark/lycanroc gx.

Play which one you feel more comfortable with and/or the one who has most good matchups in your local league

Back