What Cards to Use Alongside Diancie-EX

DdogTheKing

On the surfside.
I've been trying to make a Diancie EX themed deck and I'm not sure what other strong fairy users to use alongside Diancie? I've been told Florges EX is a great option, and Sylveon EX. But, I wanna make 100% sure that this is well what's needed for the deck. If possible, can you also share a few supporters as well? I'm well, really new to TCGO as a whole. This is what I have so far in the deck. As it stands now, the deck is incomplete.

- 1 Diancie EX (wanting to grab 2 more)
- 4 Unown (I don't have any Shaymin EX, sadly)
- 2/2 Spiritzee & Aromatisse line.
- 2 Xerneas
- 2 Energy Retirival
- 2 Fairy Drop
- 2 Professors Letter
- 1 AZ
- 2 Proffessor Birch's Oversations
- 1 Lysandre
-3 N
- 4 Fairy Garden
- 3 Hard Charm
- 10 Fairy energy
- 3 Double Colorless energy (not sure to add 1 more or not)

Basically, the idea. I had was to power up Diancie EX with hard charm, and with Twinkle Wall as it's ability to take a much more reduced amount of damage to hits as 150 HP doesn't seem as high as the other EXs I have been seeing. I run most of supporters to help me dig for cards as fast possible. I'm sure you guys are familiar with the Aromatisse & Xerneas mix right? Fairy Transfer & Geomancy to quickly fish out for my energies I need to do the attacks of course. So, anyone can help me with others so I know what to look for in finishing this deck?

In my Diancie-EX deck (which is only a couple days old, so I'm working on it too), I have a Florges-EX as a one-of, 2x Xerneas, and a 3-3 Slurpuff line (the one with the Tasting ability) instead of Aromatisse. The reason I didn't go with Aromatisse this time around was because I found I was able to keep up my HP pretty well with just Fairy Drop and Pokemon Center Lady, so I opted not to include any Max Potion so I can work with DCE better and take advantage of faster drawing with Tasting. If you do go Aromatisse, which is understandable, consider Max Potion instead of Fairy Drop (or both).

I also run one Klefki (Secret Key) as a tech for when I face Dark decks, which boosts Diancie's wall-ness even more.

Hard Charm is a decent pick. I personally went with Fighting Fury Belt which essentially makes Diancie a 210 HP Pokemon (factoring in her ability's reduction).

Another card to consider -- that I've also been testing -- is Jamming Net, which could reduce the opponent's attacks even more by 20.

In the ideal situation (Fighting Fury Belt, Klefki, Jamming Net), a [D] opponent has to hit Diancie for 270!

In my Diancie-EX deck (which is only a couple days old, so I'm working on it too), I have a Florges-EX as a one-of, 2x Xerneas, and a 3-3 Slurpuff line (the one with the Tasting ability) instead of Aromatisse. The reason I didn't go with Aromatisse this time around was because I found I was able to keep up my HP pretty well with just Fairy Drop and Pokemon Center Lady, so I opted not to include any Max Potion so I can work with DCE better and take advantage of faster drawing with Tasting. If you do go Aromatisse, which is understandable, consider Max Potion instead of Fairy Drop (or both).

I also run one Klefki (Secret Key) as a tech for when I face Dark decks, which boosts Diancie's wall-ness even more.

Hard Charm is a decent pick. I personally went with Fighting Fury Belt which essentially makes Diancie a 210 HP Pokemon (factoring in her ability's reduction).

Another card to consider -- that I've also been testing -- is Jamming Net, which could reduce the opponent's attacks even more by 20.

In the ideal situation (Fighting Fury Belt, Klefki, Jamming Net), a [D] opponent has to hit Diancie for 270!

I don't have any Jamming nets sadly. Anything else you would suggest? And is Florges EX your only other attacker?

For now, just Florges-EX. I could probably use more; and Aromatisse will of course help having multiple other attackers. Right now my main focus is just making Diancie a decent wall. Consistent 110 damage output isn't amazing, but decent enough.

I've considered throwing in a Lugia-EX or two though.

For now, just Florges-EX. I could probably use more; and Aromatisse will of course help having multiple other attackers. Right now my main focus is just making Diancie a decent wall. Consistent 110 damage output isn't amazing, but decent enough.

I've considered throwing in a Lugia-EX or two though.

Don't have him either sadly, I started building towards Florges EX for now. Just missing the Diancies, and can build from there.

Don't have him either sadly, I started building towards Florges EX for now. Just missing the Diancies, and can build from there.
It is probably best to not worry about what you have and what you don't for the moment. Just focus on what would make the most consistent deck.

That being said, I think a few copies of Assault Vest could make Diance tankier vs decks that play very few basic energy (Bees, Night March)

Back