Pokemon What are the views on Pokémon in your country?

8bitCelebi

Aspiring Trainer
RE: What are the views on Pokemon in your country?

There was a blog called The Deck Out that closed because the blogger moved to Finland and he had nobody to play Pokemon with. This was a pretty good site that showed some deck archetypes. Anyway he stated the Finnish Pokemon scene is dying. Maybe it's because of Angry Birds gaining popularity. *sigh*

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer

What's with you and blaming Angry Birds? Angry Birds really isn't even a substitute for a handheld turn-based rpg with an emphasis on multiplayer. Does anyone even play Angry Birds anymore?

Mitja

veteran smartass

I think they didn't mean Angry birds in particular, but more as an example of lame mobile games and such gaining popularity over handhelds.

8bitCelebi

Aspiring Trainer

Mitja said:
I think they didn't mean Angry birds in particular, but more as an example of lame mobile games and such gaining popularity over handhelds.

Technically that is what I meant. But I'm mentioning angry birds more because it's so frustrating and annoying. Besides I haven't played many phone games.

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫

Lets stay on the main topic of how the franchise is viewed in other countries, folks! :)

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

8bitCelebi said:
There was a blog called The Deck Out that closed because the blogger moved to Finland and he had nobody to play Pokemon with. This was a pretty good site that showed some deck archetypes. Anyway he stated the Finnish Pokemon scene is dying. Maybe it's because of Angry Birds gaining popularity. *sigh*

The blogger didn't move to Finland, he IS finnish...

Leaf_Ranger already said pretty much everything about our country. Pokémon is still known but is more of a thing of the past; though when I went to buy Y, I saw a kid asking for the game, so I was happy... Also, where I'm currently studying, people are not very judgemental about it, which kinda surprised me but again, it's more because of nostalgia than anything else. It's really hard to find someone who's a true pokémon fan out of the online communities...

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!

There is a lot in Australia, but not as much as America (how I would like it).
There is no more Pokemon in the Australian Cartoon Network, now that's extremely disappointing.
No World Championships(I think), not as much products (far less plush toys), and not as much places, but it still satisfies my twin and I. We think we're the largest Pokemon lover in the world, and we even put Pokemon in our school studies, work (even assessments), accessories, and people don't feel embarrassed here admitting that they do play Pokemon, and most of our friends give us nicknames like 'Reshiram' and 'Zekrom', 'Pokegirls,' and 'The largest Pokemon lover in the universe'.
The release dates are a bit late here, though in Toys R Us, the shopkeepers are our friends, and designated 3 Pokemon Areas just for us! We have a lot of rare cards, and more and more people are liking Pokemon and unfortunately are bringing their Pokemon Cards to School.
Once I lost a Shiny Raikou and a Ho-Oh card at school, and I can never get them again...